WEN Haircare TSV 27/4/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mysmilie_13:mysmilie_13::mysmilie_13:

SCW I believe has the number and the name:mysmilie_59:

Wen Tsv will be on 4 easy pays , as its Beauty day so all on air items will be on 4 easy pays :)

I was reading an article the other day about Reverse washing,in other words you use your conditioner first and then shampoo,the lady who tried it couldn't believe how bouncy and shiny her hair was,I may give it a try as my hair does not feel clean after using Wen.
Lynn

Snowstorm, there's a long thread going back a while with much discussion. It seems to illicit different responses: those who love it (Donna and me) even though we have different length hair. Others have tried and like it but it's been trial and error finding the optimum dosage to use for each individual. It's confusing because the demonstrations tend to suggest a huge amount of product (lots of pumps) and maybe this is the ideal for the first couple of uses to get rid of other products in your hair. Beyond that you can reduce the number of pumps dramatically and achieve the same result.

Apart from being very gentle, quick to use (only one product not separate shampoo and conditioner) my hair stays clean for almost a week between washes - now if you know you'll always without exception wash every day then this might not be worth using, although you won't be stripping the colour from your hair and need to recolour as often.

Twice a year Wen's UK website has a half-price sale (without signing up for their auto-delivery) which is the cheapest way to buy the cleansers (various flavours), but QVC's TSV is likely to be the easiest way to try the range. If you order give it a fair chance would be my advice.

It's brilliant..but very expensive. I tried the trio and have had amazing results. (5 comments at work one person who did not even recognise mefrom the back said they had no idea I was blonde!!! :s

HOWEVER.... repeat purchase of the TSV depends. Take a look on the Mail Online yesterday. Article about "reverse washing" (sorry can't do links). Use your normal conditioner first (on soaking wet hair). Take the rest of your shower for 5 mins. Rinse.Shampoo and rinse again. Results meant to be very good so although it was too risky for a work night I am going to give it a try before committing to a re-puchase of WEN.

Edit: just seen post by Lynnonthelake. Agree. Great minds think alike!! Lol

Loved it at first but seem to have gone off it now. I did manage to cut down the number of pumps I was using, but I was still getting through it too quickly. Was annoyed to find I was still paying for the last bottle I had after it was empty.

The article in the DM, the woman had fine hair I have thick hair. I was chatting to my hairdresser about Wen months back and she didn't like the idea of it, she thought it would only work on fine hair as the reverse thing was something she mentioned. So hairdressers do know about it.

I love the Wen and my hair stays clean with it, I have two bottles on the go, Almond Mint and Lavender the former is still the bottle from September. I still have the deep conditioner which I use once a week. Another technique I got from the Wen board on QVC US, wet hair apply the Wen four pumps for very short hair(me), then leave on 10 minutes or more and rinse. I tried it and my hair stayed as clean as when I did the two applications, so one 10 minute well massaged into the head and left seems to work. Oh and rinse hair until it squeaks.

The link to the DM article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...fect-hair-Use-conditioner-BEFORE-shampoo.html

My hair's the polar opposite to Donna's, mine's long, straight and fine but I have lots of it. I've only ever used a single "wash" (partly because I first ordered from wenhaircare.co.uk a couple of years ago and didn't really read the instructions! I use about 12 pumps on wet hair, do the rest of my shower and then comb through and rinse (and rinse well as Donna says).

I didn't really get on with the hair-styling Wen products but then once wenned I just blast my hair with a dryer and my head upside down and it doesn't seem to need much other styling. I passed them on the DS & DH.

Top marks also go to the colour-care I get from Wen: This year I have been pale blonde, medium ash blonde, mid brown, auburn and then used "ColourB4" to return to blonde and my hair is still in excellent condition. Also prior to colouring I don't need to use a clarifying shampoo (like Hairfix) as it never get a build up of silicones or other chemicals.

I'd like the TSV to include a litre size(s) or options of flavours that aren't currently available on their UK website.

I've not tried it yet but something has happened that i think might just stop me buying the more pricey goods...firstly i read that hair should only be gently washed at the scalp and a very small amount (of course depends on length but roughly 10 pence or 50 pence piece) and i too read about reverse washing ...condition first ...but my hairdresser said my scalp was very dry and to try something like head and shoulders or the other make T-gel...before i have it coloured so i tried Head and Shoulders ...shampoo\conditioner in one ..with almond ...well seriously ..I've used everything but this one has been amazing and i don't use hair dryer i use a micro fibre towel which you lovley forumers recemmended ...i do use a plodge of the Pantene BB creme and smooth into Hair very quickly (another tip i read is don't handle hair too much as this causes frizz etc ...and i use a splurge of loreal for coloured hair mousse ..a tiny bit } sorry about the essay but this has really helped ...shampoo can be really bad for the hair so a little bit has been fine most times (i read) ....Head and shoulders smells lovely too these days and you can get some bargains with points for big bottles ....just had to share...my hubby and sons have been using up all the other shampoos i don't use lol i never dreamed i would say head and Shoulders is fab ...honestly...im so grateful my hairdresser suggested this for my scalp as my hair loves it so far. If the story changes i will let you know.:mysmilie_59:

Head and Shoulders has SLS in it( a cheap foaming agent which will actually dry your scalp out), its also great for helping to take colour out of your hair. A tip given on beauty forums if the colour is wrong use Head and Shoulders to fade it out quicker. I used before Wen only shampoos without SLS included, so the more natural organic brands which do not foam up as much as the other ones. Most conditioners you buy on the high street or even hairdressers with have silicone which coats the hair giving the shine and smoothness. Trouble is in makes dust etc attract to the hair and makes it dirty quicker so you wash more. Which is really was the shampoo makers want. That is why so many have dry scalps over washing their hair, the usual oh my hair needs washed everyday. That is why so many insist they have dandruff, its actually a dry scalp from over washing.

I only wash twice a week(if going to Zumba and getting hot and sweaty three times a week), and don't get a dry scalp. I stopped using shampoos with SLS in them long ago and my hair has been so much better. A very reasonably priced brand is Tara Smith in Marks and Spencer, has no nasties and very natural with the bunny logo too.

Latest posts

Back