Diane Gilman Trousers TSV 04/04/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have purchased several items from the range and would be the first to admit that the sizes are inconsistent but on the last show I purchased 2 items of the same item but in different sizes and guess what the smaller size was much bigger fit than the bigger size. So think I will give the range a miss and stick to M&s where I can try them on. Funnily I had exactly the same scenario from Marks last weekend but then I don't have to pay to get them and post them back.

Am I the only one who isn't interested in skinny jeans? I really don't think they are the most flattering of cuts unless you are stick thin.

Two things

Please don't listen to DG regarding fit go by the measurements

If Jilly does not stop saying OK with that upward inflection as if everything DG says has never been heard before I will scream. Please leave the yeah yeah's to Pippa, you are being very annoying. As soon as you start on " in the hour" I'm off to bed.

Jilly okaying is annoying (as it always is!) but Diane is beyond annoying not stopping for breath and lecturing us on jeans (which is my opinion mostly look as dated as her hair - meowww!)

Quite agree that skinnies best for skinny Minnie's ;)

One thing I just don`t get in many ranges on Q that are supposed to be `designed` by the sellers who bring them is why almost every garment be it dress or jeans etc.are all different measurements for the sizes ..so how the presenters can tell us when they haven`t done their pre show `homework` to buy our usual size I don`t know. I have 3 pair of DG jeans in two different sizes that all fit ok I ordered another pair in a different colour of one style that fitted well and when it arrived it was far too big. This has happened twice now the second time they were too small you would think when they sell the volume that they do that Q would insist on some consistency ...... or do they like the extra profit made on P&P as from reading some reviews many don`t insist on Q footing the bill for the return when this happens!!.

Am I the only one who isn't interested in skinny jeans? I really don't think they are the most flattering of cuts unless you are stick thin.

I totally agree with you. I really struggle with any type of jeans/trousers being a size 18 and only 5ft 1. I once tried pair of stretchy jegging type things with a long tunic and looked a right idiot. I stick to what I know now and don't get led by these trends, in fact I look awful in trousers, my legs are too short and no style will ever make them look longer. I only wear walking trousers when I have too and even then feel very self conscious in them. On a different note I cannot stand Diane Gilman and her insincere attitude. She is so fake and not just in her appearance. I don't care what she tries to make out, jeans do not suit everyone!

I totally agree with you. I really struggle with any type of jeans/trousers being a size 18 and only 5ft 1. I once tried pair of stretchy jegging type things with a long tunic and looked a right idiot. I stick to what I know now and don't get led by these trends, in fact I look awful in trousers, my legs are too short and no style will ever make them look longer. I only wear walking trousers when I have too and even then feel very self conscious in them. On a different note I cannot stand Diane Gilman and her insincere attitude. She is so fake and not just in her appearance. I don't care what she tries to make out, jeans do not suit everyone!

I don't find DG at all 'insincere', in fact I get the impression that she is just over-enthusiastic and passionate about her products. I do agree, however, that some people don't suit jeans at all. Just as some people (myself included) look ridiculous in any kind of frill or 'suits-all' coral colour (the former makes me look like I'm in drag, the latter like I died!). I'm fortunate in that I am 5ft 6 and have a short body and long legs (as a teen they were already longer than my Dad's!). So, although I am in no way slender, I can get away with skinny jeans and a long top. It actually evens out my leg to top ratio! However this isn't the case for everyone, and so a better phrase might be that MOST people can wear jeans. But that probably wouldn't sound like good marketing!
I have thick ankles and certainly don't have shapely legs so jeans are, for me, ideal and, unless I can pull on a pair of boots or very thick opaque tights, I fear being seen in a knee-length skirt! I suspect that you, Whitesnake, probably look fab in skirts! We should embrace what we look good in and never, ever feel pressured to wear something we don't feel right in.

I don't have any skinny jeans but I do wear jeans. I think skinny jeans suit only slim people with good legs and definitely knees not like mine so I'd need knee coverage, which defies the point of wearing them, really. A prime example was Marverine squeezed into Women With Control red skinny pants TSV a few days ago. She wore a slinky, formal-looking top which just covered her bum and emphasised her huge thighs. Who styled her? Why didn't she wear something longer? Micael, where are you when you're needed? :angel:

I live in these (have the black, blue and cord versions):

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_020010713847_-1

They look better with a top covering the waistband, not tucked in like the picture.

They look like jeans - including real pockets, are stretchy but don't go saggy and are high enough at the back to save embarrassment when you sit down.... Plus, no bulk on the tummy from a zip.

I also love these (no pockets though):

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_020010714345_-1

Both wash and tumble dry well - I've had some for three years and they're still going strong after weekly wear.

I would love to be able to get these or any other of DG jeans as they do look nice, however, I am not going to take a chance and lose postage both ways. Rather confusing when DG states that she is a 34 waist yet wears an 8!!!.. I also feel that the 2 models (Mum & Daughter) and DG herself, should wear a size up as they are far too tight on their legs

I live in these (have the black, blue and cord versions):

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_020010713847_-1

They look better with a top covering the waistband, not tucked in like the picture.

They look like jeans - including real pockets, are stretchy but don't go saggy and are high enough at the back to save embarrassment when you sit down.... Plus, no bulk on the tummy from a zip.

I also love these (no pockets though):

http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_020010714345_-1

Both wash and tumble dry well - I've had some for three years and they're still going strong after weekly wear.
I like the first pair very much as they are high waisted so keep you trim and warm. I am wearing old jeans from 15 years ago and they are similar. Wearing old jeans because I did 'the 5:2 diet' and lost 16lbs and am in all my old clothes. BMI is now 20.1 a d has been since ear!y December. Doc says I should not lose anymore. If you are interested there is a closed Facebook group called 'the 5:2 diet' and they are very supportive group. You just app!y to join it and no e of your usual contacts get notified if you post on it. Some people!e have lost 4 stone on it. It could cure the country's health problems if only people would follow it.

Caught sight of the size chart for these this a.m, going by the measurements I think I could order a size 10--- which I am DEF. NOT!! Am not prepared to pay the P&P to have a 'lucky dip' on the size front, so never order clothes or footwear & from the comments here these are very hit & miss.

I have gone for the green. I am a (very) curvy lady and love skinny jeans especially with Yong Kim tops. Haven't tried this range before so will be interested in the fit.

Latest posts

Back