Judith Williams very strange woman

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wornoutcreditcard

Registered Shopper
She could win the facial acrobatics contest I against MC. I find JW a bit scary with her starery eyes and strange way of speaking and over pronouncing words with an affected French Italian accent and speaking at 1000 mph. Some people should remember that less is more and take their for off the gas every now and then. I'm sure she is a very nice lady off camera and not flogging her products and promising a whol universe of benefits.

Well I disagree with you Wornoutcreditcard! I think she is a nice genuine person who totally believes in her products.I LOVE her stuff and have taken advantage of the free p+p as I only have to pay 1.01 pound to Spain instead of aprox 6 pounds, so I have had a good stock up!!

I think she is originally from Austira, she lives in Germany now because her husand is German, her hubby is good looking too from what I remember. She used to be an Opera singer and lived in America. Anyway I like her, she is much better than Fiona Brackenbury or Keeley. JW had a show on yesterday I wanted to watch until I saw that loud woman Pippa was hosting, I decided not to watch.

She must be a very clever and motivated person. I use her products but do not believe all the claims. I think she probably enjoys having a beauty range as well as hopefully for her making a decent income from it.

I like her. She was born in the USA, the daughter of Daniel Lewis Williams, the American operatic basso profundo, and she's had a successful career as an opera singer herself. Her father sang internationally and I believe they moved to Germany when her father joined one of the German opera companies. Her husband is Alexander-Klaus Stecher, an actor and major German TV presenter and producer.

Its good that we don't all like the same things and have differing opinions which we are able to express. I'm glad her products are popular and benefit those who use them , I am usually sceptical about miracle cosmetics and the claims made about them

I like her and her careful speaking pronunciation, which I would expect from a trained opera singer. Hope the containers are better quality if the prices have increased though.

I like her and her careful speaking pronunciation, which I would expect from a trained opera singer. Hope the containers are better quality if the prices have increased though.

Good point. I have found the pots to be extremely flimsy, with the lids cracking, not being able to close tightly.

When she said that the point of her range is to 'put off injections & surgery for as long as possible', I wondered if she's aware that most women in the UK age naturally & don't want blooming injections & surgery!

When she said that the point of her range is to 'put off injections & surgery for as long as possible', I wondered if she's aware that most women in the UK age naturally & don't want blooming injections & surgery!

It's a growing trend though - there's no denying it. People as early as in their 20s are having Botox, fillers etc.

Some can't looked surprised or happy etc... They just look scarily half human.

I don't think JW meant anything derogatory towards us in the UK.

I don`t buy her products but I don`t mind watching her. As for botox and fillers, well, even my local hairdresser has someone come in once a month to do either or both on any of her customers who might be interested. I once asked her do many of her customers bother with it and she said I`d be surprised at just how many do. I think for some people having their botox etc is now pencilled in alongside having their hair done or a dental checkup or any other personal item. It isn`t for me but I think younger generations have begun to view such things as part and parcel of their beauty regimes.

I think the problem is that as more and more people are having botox and fillers then the few who dont start to think that they look much older than their age so before long feel pressured to do likewise. In a lot of cases it is the thought of the expense and how long it would go on for that is stopping them.

As Vienna said it is like having your legs waxed or roots done - only those very strong minded folks are happy to have hair which is half grey and half their younger natural colour - so we get on the treadmill of highlights/lowlights and everything inbetween lights!

There are people who can wear their natural ageing well (usually tall & slim with great skin, a fab edgey haircut, and a personal clothing style, usually expensive) others of us who are short pear shaped tend to do our best with the help of lotions and potions.

Resisted it up until now and soon will retire so will not be in a position to pay the sort of money it will take as once started I think you would never be able to stop. Think of Lulu!

Everything else aside, I caught a glimpse of her yesterday, and if people think they can get a face like hers with her potions, they must be deluded. Like others who have their name on the product, she is her own 'marketing tool' (Abbi Cleve the exception), so has to present herself in the best way in order to shift her product. She has also 'softened' her look with the hair colour highlights, away from the even more ageing raven hair which she sported for many years.

Her face looks like that of a mannequin - smooth, waxen, and unreal. I would love to see her without all the heavy eye make up and foundation. That's why I used to love the Stacy demonstrations (YBF), she would start with a naked face and then build up her make up, showing you how to do it step by step.

She could win the facial acrobatics contest I against MC. I find JW a bit scary with her starery eyes and strange way of speaking and over pronouncing words with an affected French Italian accent and speaking at 1000 mph. Some people should remember that less is more and take their for off the gas every now and then. I'm sure she is a very nice lady off camera and not flogging her products and promising a whol universe of benefits.
I find her quite “schoolmarmy”, but I put it down to her heritage and previous profession.
I tried some of her stuff a while back and disliked the scent and texture, it also didn’t do anything for my skin.
Of the brand founders who still come to Q I find her more watchable than Mally and less prone to stock phrases than Kathy Kangas. I have little to no time for Keeley (Elemis) and Sarah Jagger (Laura Geller) or Lulu representing Time Bomb.
We don’t all like and dislike the same guests and presenters, although there is a lot of common ground on the likes of Debbie Flint and Simon Biagi. One of our number at least likes the gardening expert Richard Jackson. And that’s totally OK.

Latest posts

Back