Would they be better off...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Goodluckifyageddit

Registered Shopper
...just sacking the lot and simulcasting Ideal World across the three channels as a temporary measure? It's obvious the management want to make Bid into something of an IW clone, and there's nothing wrong with that, as long as it's done with professionalism. The problems with Bid are the same they've always had recently. Poor presenters and not enough top quality stock. They have very few items that are strong enough to warrant a whole hour of IW-style broadcasting. The quality of the "One Day Specials" tailing off alarmingly since the Tefal on opening night bears witness to this. In fact the general quality of stock seems not to have improved much since the rock-bottom level in the last few weeks before relaunch. Mason and Jacks have gone back to their old ways and are at full blare mode. Mason in particular appeared incredibly creepy by doing his standing behind Sally Jacks and saying nothing "routine" just before 10 p.m. last night. The dislike between the two is palpable, but whereas professional broadcasters would just get over any friction, Mason just appears to see the whole thing as a bit of a lark and Jacks isn't much better.

They seem to be floundering about seeking short term fixes by bringing back aspects of the old channel. A disastrous move, IMO.

I mean, how difficult can shopping telly be - look at all those channels that seem to get by just by playing pre-records in a loop and sucking up all those impulse buyers. I'm sure with IW's fire-power behind them now it wouldn't be beyond the wit of their buyers to get together 17 pre-recorded hours of high-quality products at competitive prices out there and play them on a loop. It might not be the most interesting telly, but I'm sure it would look a whole lot more professional and be more profitable than the mish-mash that's being broadcast at the moment.

...I mean, how difficult can shopping telly be - look at all those channels that seem to get by just by playing pre-records in a loop and sucking up all those impulse buyers. I'm sure with IW's fire-power behind them now it wouldn't be beyond the wit of their buyers to get together 17 pre-recorded hours of high-quality products at competitive prices out there and play them on a loop. It might not be the most interesting telly, but I'm sure it would look a whole lot more professional and be more profitable than the mish-mash that's being broadcast at the moment.

But lets be honest how many of us on here would watch that? I know I wouldn't and this part of the forums would die too

But lets be honest how many of us on here would watch that? I know I wouldn't and this part of the forums would die too

I like this forum too, and that was an extreme example of how they should operate, but seeing how this company is staggering from one crisis to another (I haven't seen the new Price-Drop this morning, but it sounds like a sure-fire way not to sell anything) it sadly could be the future.

I like this forum too, and that was an extreme example of how they should operate, but seeing how this company is staggering from one crisis to another (I haven't seen the new Price-Drop this morning, but it sounds like a sure-fire way not to sell anything) it sadly could be the future.

They should go down the shop at bid route why let the name get in the way of a format change but sell different products. Bid gets the beauty and fashion but for those bored of it price drop can have electricals and gardening etc

Latest posts

Back