'Richard Jackson' own branded stuff

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yahweh70

Registered Shopper
So last year we had seemingly permanent 'last order this year in this size' of Gnome's Flower Power.. Over the Winter we had his 'exclusive' bird feed, which apparently has to be better than anything by RSPB or actual bird related, because 'he' developed it.. Earlier this year we have branded compost.. which 'he' was making on a daily basis..

Today we had an hour in which he flogged another 'last time' of Flower Power in 1.5kg pack, with an auto-delivery option for another wad in a few weeks.. And grass seed.. Apparently there are products 'not for UK market' sold in UK stores.. plus 3 uses.. (patches, complete new lawn and 'overseeding'). Guess what.. Richards does all 3...! Phew!

Someone had written in asking for advice on 'new house, new garden'. What to plant in it.. Well luckily Richard had Richard branded 'wild' flower seed which the bod should get now, and maybe later in the season, get back in contact and he'd advise them again (just in time for another snake oil variant to be 'personally' developed by him).

It's just getting silly now. Please stop with the RJ branded stuff..

Looking forward to the coverage of Chelsea.. wonder how different the products in the 'specials' will be from the rest of the year. Probably nowt!

I bet it will be RJ young plants very soon unless he can find another product he can add some magic to and rebrand, getting a bit silly to be honest.

Just out of curiosity, was he labelled the gnome because a. in the garden - garden gnome, or b. because he looks like one?

Similar products can be found cheaper.

exactly. This is a subject that really annoys me, a complete "con" for the new gardener or those who like an abundance of summer bedding plants and are impressed by RJ's photos of begonia blooms as big as saucers.

Broadly speaking plants fall into 3 categories. Flower/fruiting need a food with a high concentration of potash, non flowering and leafy veg do best with a nitrogen rich feed and acid-loving plants do not thrive without ericaceous soil and feed.

The basic generic plant foods (most of which have been tried and tested for years) contain 90% of the RJ brands and the other 10% is not necessary but seems to triple the price.

What's important with any plant food is to use it regularly to get best results. It might be that people who buy RJ's Flower Power etc are more motivated to use it and replicate his claims.

Apols for the rant !

EM

Feel free to rant i find i have to contain myself or i will go over the top about RJ and "his" products that have outwitted the best scientists in ICI Fisons etc dont think so myself and i have tried a number of them to test in my own little space.

Just seen today he is now selling plant fertilizer for people who are busy and its controlled release wow amazing whoever heard of that before and its nearly £19 for 600gms you can get a 2kg tub just as good from a top branded name for £6.99 god he knows how to make money from qvc customers.

What annoys me most about him is why we need 3 presenters when he's on selling other people's products. There's the guest, the Q presenter and him. He's just superfluous to needs.

Latest posts

Back