Colour Corrective Shampoo

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

goddess

Registered Shopper
I have recently had my highlights done and my hair has gone quite brassy coloured.

QVC no longer stock that Aveda Bllue Malva shampoo. Ive looked elsewhere and it's £50 for a shampoo and conditioner (I could get a new set of highlights for that price)
Any cheaper recomendations, QVC or otherwise?

Thanks in advance xx

Philip Kingsley do a 'Pure Silver' range--shampoo & Conditioner, not sure how the price compares with Aveda? Also Boots do a 'blue shampoo & conditioner ( sorry can't remember the name!)
I swear by John Freida 'Sheer Blonde' Mousse, my hair is grey so I use the same products as Blonde to keep the yellow tints away. To cut cost with the Aveda range which I prefer to Philip Kingsley, I was told it is the conditioner that is the most effective product, so perhaps it would work with a cheaper shampoo?

I haven't looked at Aveda for a long time but they always used to do travel sizes so maybe that could help until the highlights calmed down a bit???

My hairdresser recommended the sheer blonde one to me a while ago, the one that is purple coloured ( it did used to be in a purple tube but having just googled it looks like the packaging might have changed since I last bought it).

I understand that feelunique.com are now stocking Aveda, so maybe give them a whirl?

Inge xx

I had my highlights done last week, and have just bought the Philip Kingsley Pure Silver Shampoo and Conditioner to try. Bought the 250ml duo from QVC, as not tried his range before. Finished my Ojon today, so going to try using the Philip Kingsley on my next wash.

Absolutely recommend the Provoke. They do a once a week brightening shampoo which is excellent. It's quite a scary purple but I live that I can use it once a week and get an instant result, allowing me to use my regular shampoo for theocrats of the time. I don't find the ones that are for daily use as good.

I'd buy a toner instead to correct the colour, or go back to the hairdresser and ask them to tone to remove the brassiness x

Thank you all for your replies. I was so unhappy with the colour that I went back to my hairdresser. The salon owner said that my highlights were not left on long enough so were still at that yellow stage when the foils were removed and will do my hair again on Thursday when my regular colourist is back. I had to go out yesterday so I was advised to try Superdrug colour effects shampoo in cool blonde. Have to say that it did tone down the brassiness. Thanks again everyone. x

I have recently had my highlights done and my hair has gone quite brassy coloured.

QVC no longer stock that Aveda Bllue Malva shampoo. Ive looked elsewhere and it's £50 for a shampoo and conditioner (I could get a new set of highlights for that price)
Any cheaper recomendations, QVC or otherwise?

Thanks in advance xx

Funnily enough, I've just repurchased Blue Malva shampoo and conditioner when I was in House of Fraser yesterday. I'd always used it, but started using other products for a change (as you do). However, my small travel bottles were still Blue Malva and I was away last week and used it for the first time in a while, and remembered just why I always liked it so much originally. So I would say, stick with the original and if you can't run to both, then go for the conditioner, as this is the product you use last.

Latest posts

Back