Why does Laura Geller for the EU have totally different ingredients?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Vienna

Registered Shopper
Just a general interest query but maybe someone knows the answer. I was browsing the LG site and out of interest I looked at the ingredients of her Balance and Brighten. I always do this because my skin hates talc so if I`m interested in a brand I try to find out if talc is on the ingredients list. Anyway I notice on the list there are 2 different sets of ingredients, one for the US and one for the EU and wondered why ?
I notice jojoba oil (amongst others) is one ingredient missing from the EU list. I haven`t looked at any other items yet but it will be interesting to see if her eye colours or cheek colours also have separate recipes too.
Here`s an example of the different lists for BB.
Balance-n-Brighten – Porcelain
US Ingredients: Mica, Talc, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Nylon-12, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxide (CI 77492), Sodium Dehydroacetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Lauroyl Lysine, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT, Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Red 7 (CI 15850), Iron Oxide (CI 77499), Tin Oxide, Centella Asiatica Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract

EU Ingredients: Mica, Talc, Nylon-12, Dimethicone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Lauroyl Lysine, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHT, Tin Oxide, Centella Asiatica Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, CI 77288, CI 77891, CI 77499, CI 15850, CI 77492, CI 77491

Well it could be some ingredients are not allowed in each country.

I know reading MUA the US members went mad for EU sun protection as they said it was better, but because a certain ingredient was not allowed by the FDA in the US they could not buy it there. I am talking about a L'Oreal one which you got in Boots. Same used to happen with Nivea the old style stuff in a blue pot, seems the US version was not as good and they had to get people to custom purchase the one made in Germany on sale in the UK.

Hi,

I think the titanium dioxide is sun screen.

And I know that LG BnB comes in 2 forms, the older version had no SPF, the newer formulation that does.

Looks like the US ingredients are the newer formulation, plus sunscreen.

I notice the eye colours are the same for each part of the World but there are differences in the cheek colours too.

Titanium Dioxide is most commonly a whitening agent, you often see it in toothpaste.

Inge x

Titanium Dioxide is most commonly a whitening agent, you often see it in toothpaste.

Inge x

Hi,

I think the titanium dioxide is sun screen.

You're both right:
From Wikipedia-
In cosmetic and skin care products, titanium dioxide is used as a pigment, sunscreen and a thickener. Titanium dioxide is produced in varying particle sizes, oil and water dispersible, and in certain grades for the cosmetic industry.

Titanium dioxide is found in almost every sunscreen with a physical blocker because of its high refractive index, its strong UV light absorbing capabilities and its resistance to discolouration under ultraviolet light. This advantage enhances its stability and ability to protect the skin from ultraviolet light. Nano-scaled titanium dioxide particles are primarily used in sun screen lotion because they scatter visible light less than titanium dioxide pigments while still providing UV protection.[25] Sunscreens designed for infants or people with sensitive skin are often based on titanium dioxide and/or zinc oxide, as these mineral UV blockers are believed to cause less skin irritation than other UV absorbing chemicals.

This pigment is used extensively in plastics and other applications not only as a white pigment or an opacifier but also for its UV resistant properties where the powder disperses the light.

Latest posts

Back