Julia in a flattering top!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Crinkly

Registered Shopper
I'm sitting watching a Diane Gilman show hosted by Julia Roberts, who is wearing the obligatory jeans and a coral flowing top, rather caftan-like.

The coral isn't flattering on her colouring, but my goodness - she looks fantastic in the loose top. So much more flattering on her than the usual over-stuffed-sausage look.

It minimises the excessive endowments, skims over her stout middle and draws attention to her slim little legs. What a good look. So flattering. Makes her look a stone lighter. Not that she's fat! She's fairly petite, in fact, it is just a pity that she hasn't accepted the onset of middle age spread.

Hope people compliment her and she starts dressing like this regularly!

I agree Crinkly, she looked really good, although I thought the coral suited her dark colouring very well. Usual toe posts spoiling the look a bit though, some pretty wedges would have been nice and summery.

Only trouble with that kind of top with the bat wing sleeves is that you cannot put a coat or cardigan over it.

Only trouble with that kind of top with the bat wing sleeves is that you cannot put a coat or cardigan over it.

Very true! And there is always the risk of gaping under the arms. I did that at work recently. Didn't bother with a cami because the heat is always up too high, and then realised my mistake with horror. Bra strap clearly visible when I lifted my arms. Spent the day with my elbows clamped to my waist. Oh, the mistakes I have made...!

Those sandals she is wearing on 5pm show are too clumpy for the summer dress she is wearing. Perhaps would look better in a nude shade or infact any colour except the black she wears all the time no matter what style they are.

Did anyone make a note of the number of the pink top, she mentioned it on air, but I only caught part of the number 108***. I have tweeted her twice but she hasn't replied as yet.

Very true! And there is always the risk of gaping under the arms. I did that at work recently. Didn't bother with a cami because the heat is always up too high, and then realised my mistake with horror. Bra strap clearly visible when I lifted my arms. Spent the day with my elbows clamped to my waist. Oh, the mistakes I have made...!

yes, not a good look, especially if its a well-washed, greying bra and you didn't shave your armpits that morning !

I agree, Julia looked lovely on that show, it's a shame we can't say the same for the mother and daughter modelling team, once again they both forced themselves into jeans that were far too tight. When the jeans bunch at the knees and have are not smooth they are not the correct size. The other model with the long black curly hair looked great though. I find DG a bit too much though, I can't watch her for very long.

Latest posts

Back