Good on you girl, for voicing your opinions.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Just switched on the Q and the Prai hour is on. Although I have never tried this range, I admire Kathy Kanga's stance on animal testing and using animal ingredients. She usually mentions, whenever she is on, that Prai does not animal test, which indicates to me that, as it is a selling point, if other companies don't state their standing on the issue, it's a bit vague. She said that the reason they don't deal with China, is because of animal testing, and any company which does, does animal testing also, so look at who sells in China, she added. First company which came to mind, l'occitane. Which is sold on the Q! Wonder if Kathy will get her wrists slapped for that? Very unfair if she does; it is the truth, after all.

I can't imagine that going down well with the powers that be at QVC. L'Occitane really are branching out. I was in Vilnius the other day for an article I was writing and they even have a shop there in Gedemino Prospektas. I wondered how many people earning the minimum wage of just over 200 euros a month could afford their products?!

Here's my article:

http://www.lithuaniatribune.com/66102/uzupis-201466102/

There's an Occitane shop in Prague too. I really dislike the way Kathy Kanga says 'wrinkles', she says it with such a look a distaste on her face. I feel she is attempting to exploit me. I have wrinkles and I don't to be reminded of them by her. Her products aren't going to get rid of them.

I would much rather see a face with wrinkles than some of the botoxed, plastic surgeried "celebs" out there. I'm not totally against getting work done but some people take it so far they end up looking like corpses. Their faces lose any kind of reality. Madonna is one. I don't know how old she is, maybe heading towards 60, and there she is, the pillow-faced cow with hideous "grills" over her teeth, touting her pubescent toyboy like some sort of fashion accessory. It just smacks of desparation!

kathy is lovely, met her and cordelia at the beauty bash. both entertaining ladies

Whilst I agree with her stance on animal testing, she is the same as all the other guests when it comes down to making preposterous claims about how their 'magic' product will prevent or cure wrinkles! The only good thing about QVC is that you can send the stuff back when it doesn't do what they claim, although you do pay a fair wack in p&p both ways for the privilege !

I have always like Cathy, one because of her animal charities and her love for animals in general and two because I think she is hilarious, I always enjoy watching her shows. She has a really good sense of humour especially towards anti-aging. I know she can offend some people, but I find it refreshing.

Last edited:
I enjoyed your article Julius. I am not able to visit Lithuania, it is on the denied list of countries for my Husbands' job and sadly the ban includes me! It is a place I would like to see, so hopefully in the near future we will be able to go there.

inge x

I enjoyed your article Julius. I am not able to visit Lithuania, it is on the denied list of countries for my Husbands' job and sadly the ban includes me! It is a place I would like to see, so hopefully in the near future we will be able to go there.

inge x

Heya Ballerina,

I'm glad you liked my article. Are you really banned from visiting certain countries???!!! Gosh. I wonder what your husband does. I hope he's not a brand ambassador for Kirk's Folly looool! It seems a bit unfair if you are banned. :( If you are a citizen of Europe you should be allowed to visit.

Heya Ballerina,

I'm glad you liked my article. Are you really banned from visiting certain countries???!!! Gosh. I wonder what your husband does. I hope he's not a brand ambassador for Kirk's Folly looool! It seems a bit unfair if you are banned. :( If you are a citizen of Europe you should be allowed to visit.

Yes, you have guessed, he is a KF ambassador! No, he jokes that he is in "land clearance", just think small country in 1 blast :) So, there are quite a few places we can't go and some he needs a special visa for. it is a bummer as the Baltic states are places I would love to go, like Riga which was once under Swedish control. One day hopefully...

Inge x

It's so good to see so much forum support for voicing ones opinions and standing up for having a view that may not be in keeping with the majority. Freedom of speech is a key principal of a civilised culture and the foundation of reasoned discussion..... Long may it reign.

Latest posts

Back