So much for Lulu promoting Time Bomb etc

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

l say good for Lulu. l always shop at Superdrug because their own brand products are certified by Cruelty.Free International. As for Lulu, if she's asked to make a personal appearance why shouldn't she? She has a right to make a living, and nothing about this conflicts with or contradicts anything she says or does with Time Bomb. Neither the thrust of the article nor anything she said was about skincare, and she was asked to participate specifically because her career has spanned the lifetime of Superdrug. Give the poor woman a break.

Now don't forget Lulu was on tour round Butlins last year. You really think she going to turn down the money to advertise Superdrug and get her name in the papers??

Scout Lulu or rather John Frieda who actually own, make and develop all of Time Bomb were not cruelty free(they have to now because of the EU laws against animal testing and getting others to test ingredients etc on their behalf).

l say good for Lulu. l always shop at Superdrug because their own brand products are certified by Cruelty.Free International. As for Lulu, if she's asked to make a personal appearance why shouldn't she? She has a right to make a living, and nothing about this conflicts with or contradicts anything she says or does with Time Bomb. Neither the thrust of the article nor anything she said was about skincare, and she was asked to participate specifically because her career has spanned the lifetime of Superdrug. Give the poor woman a break.
Precisely! What would be the point of them having a young, up-coming 'star' to mark 50 years of a brand?
And there's certainly nothing 'anti-Time-Bomb' about supporting Superdrug!

And why shouldn't someone promote or use or recommend or celebrate or, for that matter, accept money to promote whatever brand or brands they choose?
It must be very difficult to live in that simple world of black and white that some people seem to inhabit. Glad I don't live there …

There are times when I prefer not to 'inhabit' a world .....

where tweeting condolences has become the norm (obscene habit)
trying to have a conversation with someone who continually checks their phone
listening to journalists asking pathetically inane questions
listening to 'up speak'
where every 'celebrity' is an 'ambassador' of something - and the one with most 'ambassadorships' is .............. ta dah............... David Beckham !!! obviously his life is one permanent loose end now.
having to endure ageing queens flog own brand beauty products, a la Joan Collins, Linda Lusardi, Lulu
people who wear heavy perfume in the mornings
watching people pile up their plates at buffets as though its their last ever meal.

but compared to the alternative, I do !!!!!!

Does this mean she is no longer making her products? Her stuff seems to be disappearing fast, especially the Strike a Pose hair spray, which I love! The other one is awful.

There are times when I prefer not to 'inhabit' a world .....

where tweeting condolences has become the norm (obscene habit)
trying to have a conversation with someone who continually checks their phone
listening to journalists asking pathetically inane questions
listening to 'up speak'
where every 'celebrity' is an 'ambassador' of something - and the one with most 'ambassadorships' is .............. ta dah............... David Beckham !!! obviously his life is one permanent loose end now.
having to endure ageing queens flog own brand beauty products, a la Joan Collins, Linda Lusardi, Lulu
people who wear heavy perfume in the mornings
watching people pile up their plates at buffets as though its their last ever meal.

but compared to the alternative, I do !!!!!!

Brissles, were we separated at birth?

Scout Lulu or rather John Frieda who actually own, make and develop all of Time Bomb were not cruelty free(they have to now because of the EU laws against animal testing and getting others to test ingredients etc on their behalf).

Oh I'm well aware that Timebomb isn't cruelty-free, which is why I've never considered using it. Even with the EU ban the established products will still not be cruelty-free unless every one of them is reformulated with newly licenced ingredients.

A lot of people seem to misunderstand the EU ban - all it means is that NEW products that are to be sold in the EU cannot have involved any animal testing since the ban came into effect. It makes no difference to the products that were already being sold before the ban - companies can keep selling products in the EU where the product or ingredients have been animal tested in the past. If a product has ingredients that have been tested on animals after the EU ban came into effect, that product won't be able to be sold in the EU, but there's nothing stopping companies carrying on testing on animals outside the EU and selling those products outside the EU. A number of the large pharmaceutical companies have been reported to be looking at whether they should just carry on animal testing outside the EU for the large market that exists outside the EU. There's also nothing stopping them making new products with old animal-tested ingredients, so without the leaping bunny logo we can't know whether a new product is truly cruelty-free or not.

Unfortunately the EU ban isn't some magic rule that miraculously makes all the cruel products on the shelves in Boots, Superdrug et al, cruelty-free. Established products continue to be cruel and, personally, I don't intend to buy the new cruelty-free products from the same manufacturers when they are only giving up animal testing because they've been forced to. My money will go to those companies that chose to be cruelty-free when they didn't have to be. The EU ban is great, of course, and it will save millions of animals from being tortured in future, but it doesn't change any of the products that were on the shelves before, and it certainly hasn't changed the ethics of the major manufacturers.

I'm still chuckling at that !!!

I'm neither a technophobe or a legal eagle to give intelligent responses like some do on here, hence I tend to go 'off piste' with my own thoughts which might in some small way relate to the subject matter.

Brissles you always make me laugh which is a good thing,so always go Off Piste.
Lynn

I've never bought her goods is i cant comment either way ....I thinks she's just in her own little bubble like many celebs...but I think she has a great voice and I love To Sir With Love.....I've always wondered about her perfume ....does it smell nice?

Like yourself May I haven't any wish to try her range mainly due to the Botox etc, but at least she was successful in her original field unlike some of the celebs on Q. Sadly many singers lose their voice as they age but she does seem to one of the lucky few who hasn't. I also loved the song and film to sir with love.

I've never bought her goods is i cant comment either way ....I thinks she's just in her own little bubble like many celebs...but I think she has a great voice and I love To Sir With Love.....I've always wondered about her perfume ....does it smell nice?

I smelled it at the airport. It was like rancid turnip water!!!! Awful :(

Kiki Dee is a nice celebrity. What a nice lady and an amazing voice (performance is at the end).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPbaa2V3Izw

To Sir with Love is one of my favourite old films. It depicts a bygone age that's for sure.
Whatever Lulu has had done, she still looks good for someone of her age.

To Sir with Love is one of my favourite old films. It depicts a bygone age that's for sure.
Whatever Lulu has had done, she still looks good for someone of her age.

I'm the same age as Lulu, and to be honest, neither of us fit the description of what comes into most peoples minds when hearing or reading "a 65 year old woman.....".

I bet the image the majority of people have is....... a beige trouser wearer teamed with sensible shoes, adorned by a lurid coloured fleece, short haired grandma with specs, who turns into Jezebel on a night out by wearing a sparkly velour tunic top and a slash of lipstick !

That doesn't exactly describe Joanna Lumley, Helen Mirren or Lulu does it, and no doubt they all danced around their handbags in the sixties too. Yes there will be fleece wearers in my age group, (AND younger and older too), but its just an example showing what images come to mind when assessing a certain age group.

So a call comes in from your manager, "Hi Lu, we've had a call in from Superdrug, they want you to do a photo call with the press to celebrate x amount of years on the British high street, it's 2 hours work max, they need you in Putney and it's a £20,000 fee whatyasay?" Like who in their right mind would turn that gig down, unless of course you felt it was beneath your star-power and you demanded at least £100,000 per pa.

Latest posts

Back