Mavereen

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

saffie

Registered Shopper
I'm watching trinny and susannah with Mavereen, I can honestly say as much as jill Franks makes me shout at the tele when she is on, this Mavereen is truly something else she acts like a kid with her stupid stupid remarks, soooo embarrassing, she MUST MUST go.

I find the rolling eyes and the accent a distraction but I must say she looks well in the Kipling show, that dress really suits her and she seems very trim. Still not a fan, sorry.

Had to turn her off, she was driving me nuts ! Her presentation is hesitant, um, um, and er, and er, as though she is being told line by line what to say via her earpiece. She has a false way of shrieking with laughter, and I get the impression this is her first job on the tele with her actressy eye rolling. She comes a close second to JF, with Craig in 3rd place.

I remember the first time I saw her on QVC she was presenting with that horrid little man that always makes a mess on a carpet tile. I guess he sells vacuum cleaners or something. He was quite rude and she put him in his place!

I have grown to like her and I think presenting on Shopping Channels can't be as easy as it sometimes looks. I didn't see it but I am pleased to hear that she put carpet tile man /Haitch 2O in his place. She has certainly gone up in my estimations.

The only thing that irritates me is her reluctance to tell us what size she is wearing on fashion hours. I find knowing what sizes presenters and models are wearing makes deciding on the correct size to order much easier. Debbie, Claire, Catherine and Kathy are always very good about this. Julia always tells us her she is a size small and I add at least one size to that and as for Pipa, Jill and Sara it is easy to guess at XS. On the recent crop trousers TSV Marverine did not make reference to any sizes that anyone was wearing. I wasted over an hour past midnight and in the end I couldn't make a purchase. If Marverine is reading this I hope she takes note!

Had to turn her off, she was driving me nuts ! Her presentation is hesitant, um, um, and er, and er, as though she is being told line by line what to say via her earpiece. She has a false way of shrieking with laughter, and I get the impression this is her first job on the tele with her actressy eye rolling. She comes a close second to JF, with Craig in 3rd place.

She has been a television news journalist so does have television experience but this is probably a new style of presenting for her. I thought she had calmed down a bit but heard her doing silly voices yesterday which irritates me so I switched off.

I have grown to like her and I think presenting on Shopping Channels can't be as easy as it sometimes looks. I didn't see it but I am pleased to hear that she put carpet tile man /Haitch 2O in his place. She has certainly gone up in my estimations.

The only thing that irritates me is her reluctance to tell us what size she is wearing on fashion hours. I find knowing what sizes presenters and models are wearing makes deciding on the correct size to order much easier. Debbie, Claire, Catherine and Kathy are always very good about this. Julia always tells us her she is a size small and I add at least one size to that and as for Pipa, Jill and Sara it is easy to guess at XS. On the recent crop trousers TSV Marverine did not make reference to any sizes that anyone was wearing. I wasted over an hour past midnight and in the end I couldn't make a purchase. If Marverine is reading this I hope she takes note!

Perhaps you weren't watching yesterday, but everytime I saw her yesterday she said she was a size 16.

I saw her with Marie-Francoise in the Kipling hour and she was dreadful! Interruptions, talking over MF (who held her own very well), silly voices, making the Kipling monkey do silly things - I had the impression she just didn't get what it was all about. She seemed as if she was on a high of some sort. Awful. I also think she's being spoonfed by the gallery.

I'm sorry to say she is still in my book of "can't watch won't watch" she is second to the smarmy Craig....
I expect they are both very nice people, just not two that I choose to watch/listen to.

It can take a while for new presenters to settle in and for viewers to accept them.

There are a myriad of body shapes who will be for example a size 16 so although it can give an indication of how it will fit I will go by the measurements given as best indicator.... As long as they are accurate of course.

We all have likes and dislikes and things that annoy us ..some turn the volume down when its the voice but nothing can be done with the on screen antics. One thing that really annoys me is the incessant watching/checking the monitor by the presenters! As they all don`t do it mustn`t be necessary and part of the job!! I would think that the ear piece is all they need to keep them up to par with what the program producer wants them to do ...It might only be me whose getting to be a grumpy old woman!!

It can take a while for new presenters to settle in and for viewers to accept them.

There are a myriad of body shapes who will be for example a size 16 so although it can give an indication of how it will fit I will go by the measurements given as best indicator.... As long as they are accurate of course.

I do agree with you that the measurements should be the best guide, unfortunately they are often way out and there are significant differences within the same range let alone different ranges. Having said that I used to be confident in Marks and Spencer sizing but that can no longer be depended upon. I just hate the trip to the Post Office to return purchases and the cost.

I can't watch her. If I turn on and its her I am afraid I turn it straight off again. I just cannot stand the voice or the facial expressions. I used to get fed up of Jill Franks but she is so professional when compared to Marverine. I wish QVC would get rid of her.

Is that the same 16 as Joy? I would have put Marveen as a 16 on screen but knowing that TV adds pounds thought maybe more a 14, so if she admits to a 16 then good for her.

Q's measurements are a joke, how can they be so wrong, is there no element of quality control now?

Trouble is with telly its hard to gauge people's height. A woman who is 6 foot and a size 16 won't look as large as a woman 5 foot who is a size 16.

Latest posts

Back