Australian Bodycare TSV 7/5/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

They have the litre bottle on site at the moment £24.60 plus £4.95 p and p

I don`t use tea tree in any form so it makes no difference to me which is cheaper/better etc but the Holland and Barrett works out at £21.60 for a litre, the Australian body care one slightly more expensive but unlike the HB one it doesn`t contain mint so the HB one really should be called tea tree and mint body wash and the AB one can also be used on the face as well as hair and body.
Of course Q as usual lets itself down with the delivery cost of £4.95.
The tea tree soap from HB is now discontinued. I ordered some previously for my hubby, went to order more and its out of stock online, called in my local store and was told that particular soap is now discontinued. They did have another type in stock but I didn`t bother buying it so I`ve no idea if it`s any good or not. OH liked the first soap because it wasn`t drying to his skin as so many tea tree products can be.

Oh :( But I've been using that soap for years! It was always great. Everybody liked it. It doesn't make sense to discontinue it! I'm going to call H&B tomorrow.

Oh :( But I've been using that soap for years! It was always great. Everybody liked it. It doesn't make sense to discontinue it! I'm going to call H&B tomorrow.

The one they tried selling me was in a green box. Hope you manage to find some in store.

I don`t use tea tree in any form so it makes no difference to me which is cheaper/better etc but the Holland and Barrett works out at £21.60 for a litre, the Australian body care one slightly more expensive but unlike the HB one it doesn`t contain mint so the HB one really should be called tea tree and mint body wash and the AB one can also be used on the face as well as hair and body.
Of course Q as usual lets itself down with the delivery cost of £4.95.
The tea tree soap from HB is now discontinued. I ordered some previously for my hubby, went to order more and its out of stock online, called in my local store and was told that particular soap is now discontinued. They did have another type in stock but I didn`t bother buying it so I`ve no idea if it`s any good or not. OH liked the first soap because it wasn`t drying to his skin as so many tea tree products can be.

Thanks for this. I was considering changing to the H&B stuff, but I'm not a mint fan so will stick to ABC. I never got round to trying the soap, so damn about that! Or maybe not as I won't be heartbroken at yet another HG being pulled!

Thanks for this. I was considering changing to the H&B stuff, but I'm not a mint fan so will stick to ABC. I never got round to trying the soap, so damn about that! Or maybe not as I won't be heartbroken at yet another HG being pulled!

Not all the H&B products are minted so it's a good idea to check each one. I know sometimes they use the latin mentis piperata in ingredients list so watch out for that one.
I do have a minted product from Original Source. I like it because it's fresh and invigorating, and anything that helps to wake me up in the morning is a good thing.

It might be worth trying as many H&B shops as you can easily get to in nearby areas. They could still have the soap on their shelves, some shops are not as busy as the main area ones. You could snap up all available bars that way, that would last you for ages.
I have done this with certain discontinued products in the past.
You do have to accept the end of a product eventually though of course, but it at least gives you plenty of time to find an alternative.

It might be worth trying as many H&B shops as you can easily get to in nearby areas. They could still have the soap on their shelves, some shops are not as busy as the main area ones. You could snap up all available bars that way, that would last you for ages.
I have done this with certain discontinued products in the past.
You do have to accept the end of a product eventually though of course, but it at least gives you plenty of time to find an alternative.

I will try the shops, but I live in London. My nearest 2 H&B's are Edgware and Kilburn. They are both busy areas. I am upset. It's not fair :( It was a great product. I would even pay twice as much for it. Now it's gone.

I will try the shops, but I live in London. My nearest 2 H&B's are Edgware and Kilburn. They are both busy areas. I am upset. It's not fair :( It was a great product. I would even pay twice as much for it. Now it's gone.

i might have to check my 2 local stores as i know one is less busy than the other & knowing me they will have like 2000 of them out the back

Try the new one in the green box. You never know it might be as good as the other one.

I saw the one in the green box. I didn't buy it though as I still have a few of the old ones left. I bought a few in the last penny sale. I might try the new one. I think someone on here bought it once and said it was good. But I liked the old one. Don't know why they have to keep changing everything.

Yes well that wonderful soap didn't do that. It was luxurious like a l'Occitane. Now it's gone!

Gutted they are not selling the soap anymore :( , I still have one on the go and one unopened. I use it on my face every morning , best and cheapest cleanser ive ever used, I will try our local HB during the week, I noticed theres 2 other soaps on the HB website so may give them ago if I cant get the orange boxed one :)

Feelunique often have great prices on ABC and are p&p free. I have bought far more from them of all sorts of beauty and toiletries than QVC over the last few years.

Gutted they are not selling the soap anymore :( , I still have one on the go and one unopened. I use it on my face every morning , best and cheapest cleanser ive ever used, I will try our local HB during the week, I noticed theres 2 other soaps on the HB website so may give them ago if I cant get the orange boxed one :)

Yes it was good, wasn't it, Autumn? I have got 4 bars left + half a bar from holidays. I'm going to contact H&B to confirm the situation.

Latest posts

Back