Big Hair 42mm

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I Love Chocolate

Registered Shopper
This is on my wish list but it has been on Waitlist for ever.

I emailed CS but they couldn't tell me when it would next be in stock.

Today I read a review written on 10/4 saying how much they love it and they got it on Easypay.

How????? Even if they managed to grab one that had come back into stock, you can't use Easypay on a waitlist order.

If anyone can shed some light on this, I'd be most grateful.

And, yes, I know I can get it at Argos etc but I want to take advantage of the 30 day MBG.

Thanks in advance.

They might have bought it when first on air, but only decided to review it now.

Or some came back into stock and sold out again. The thing with waitlist is you need to keep checking the product availability. QVC its well known they only full fill waitlist if over a certain amount come into stock, otherwise they just go on the site for sale.

Hi, I Love Chocolate. I really hope that you get this product. My daughter bought it for me for Mother's Day. It was a complete surprise because I didn't even know it existed! I think it is wonderful. I have MS and on some days I find it quite hard to manage a hairdryer, this is light, easy to use with great results. Fingers crossed for you!

I bought this and loved the effect for the first twenty minutes, but my hair goes massive with anything ionic so I looked Crystal Tips x 4 after a while. I hadn't sent it back, though, as I did find it easy to use (fibromyalgia - anything "arms up" knackers me really quickly), so it was great for days I knew my hair would just be ponytailed.

However, I also bought a Steampod to straighten my hair (I have hair like Elemis Keeley, but with a wonky curl pattern). GHDs were no longer working, my hair looked awful and wouldn't stay straight. Steampod straightens like a dream in a matter of passes, keeps my hair straight even in damp conditions, and (best of all) my hair looks healthy. I now only straighten after washing - no more daily battling to keep it in style! It does have one minor downside, though - if I'm not careful, I can lose volume with it. I like my hair straight, but blow-dried, bouncy straight, not poker, flat straight.

In comes the BH. I can rough dry my hair, go over it with the BH, slide the SP over it and my hair looks salon perfect! Even I can't believe it. After a lifetime of truly awful hair, I now have hair that I'm very happy with - so glad I kept it. Hope you get yours, too.

I loved my Big Hair 42mm. So much so that I've had two - both of which died just as they went out of guarantee. With thus in mind matter how much I like it, I'll never buy another. Both went the same way - smelled hot and then died, so it seems to be a design flaw.

I have also now invested in a Steam Pod. It's amazing!

If you order an item which is on easy pays, even on a waitlist order the easypays kick in when they fill the order.

With beauty items they quite often crop up on the Beauty channel with clips that show the item on easy pays; I've fallen lucky on a couple of items I wanted but waited for an random easy pay moment. Also if you see an item on the Beauty Channel on easy pays but they aren't on the website it's worth ringing CS to see if they'll put the order through correctly (They can't do it retrospectively if you've already placed the order so you have to ring then asap and pressure them to honour the easy-pay offer).

As has been said, you have to keep checking items on waitlist order because if they only have penny-numbers loaded back on the system you can ask CS to allocate one to your waitlist order, but it won't be done automatically. Also waitlist orders don't get filled ahead of the next airing on QVC and it often happens that the item will sell out again before you notice that the product has been restocked.

Fingers crossed you get your BH, I've had mine a couple of years (from Boots) and it's the dog's bollox in hair styling imho! :mysmilie_7:

I have the steampod too. Changed my life - no more frizzy hair in the damp and like alter ego I use my big hair to give it a bit of life after I have used the steampod. so I dry my hair virtually dry with a hairdryer, then the steampod and then the big hair. Doesn't take that long.

Do you have to use a special product on your hair before you use the Steampod to protect it, like you do with straighteners? I have the big hair which I love, but my hair still goes frizzy in damp weather.

Do you have to use a special product on your hair before you use the Steampod to protect it, like you do with straighteners? I have the big hair which I love, but my hair still goes frizzy in damp weather.
there are special Steampod Products (a cream and a serum) which I have used, but I've not found them any better than my regular products to be honest.

Ive got the big hair styler and I love it but I am on my second one, I do use it an awful the first one just stopped working, as I hadn't had it a year so I did get a replacement, Ive got long hair which I dry almost with the hair dryer then I use this,
can I ask though what is a steam pod, Ive got straighteners but they make my hair poker straight which doesn't suit me I like it to have bit of bounce

I just use my usual styling stuff.

Ive got the big hair styler and I love it but I am on my second one, I do use it an awful the first one just stopped working, as I hadn't had it a year so I did get a replacement, Ive got long hair which I dry almost with the hair dryer then I use this,
can I ask though what is a steam pod, Ive got straighteners but they make my hair poker straight which doesn't suit me I like it to have bit of bounce

Here: http://www.lookfantastic.com/l-orea.../10792248.html?autocomplete=productsuggestion

There's more on the Keeley's Hair thread.

Gosh the steampod is expensive. The reviews posted on her though have really got me interested. Just not sure I can justify that amount of money!

Gosh the steampod is expensive. The reviews posted on her though have really got me interested. Just not sure I can justify that amount of money!

Me too if it was to be on QVC on easy pay then I would be realy interested

To replace my GHDs would have cost a similar amount, but they just weren't working any more. SP is saving me (an admittedly small amount as far as household use goes) of electric by not being needed any more than twice a week. They are saving me a huge amount of time, though. I was having to re-style with GHDs several times a day - thank-you, difficult hair! My colour wasn't lasting as I was washing and heat styling daily and my hair was getting to be a depressing mess.

I found them just in time as I would have re-purchased GHDs. I've tried several other makes and models that friends and family with less difficult hair than mine manage well with, but I must admit that GHD were the best of the lot for me. I even tried a friend's T3s which cost her even more than SP or GHDs - and they were disappointing on my hair, too.

If I had "normal" hair I doubt I would have looked at these. But I have the kind of hair that never looked good, and along with my rabid fear of mist/rain/humidity - my hair would literally curl up at a sniff of moisture - SP is more than worth its price (though I got mine for £110 with styling products and a nice bag). I have the misfortune of being in wedding photos where I've ended up looking like Emperor Nero with a tiny curled up fringe - very cringeworthy! I no longer worry about looking like the (brunette) sheep of the family as my hair no longer curls up like it did.

If you're lucky enough not to have hair issues like me, I dare say that you could get away with a £30 pair of straighteners and look amazing (like some of my friends manage), but they've been an absolute godsend for me.

Latest posts

Back