Keeley's Hair

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

alter ego

Registered Shopper
I must admit, I love it! It looks healthy and makes her look more sophisticated.

As a curly myself (and the grass is always greener on the other side), I've longed for straight hair all my life. My curl pattern is odd so I can't leave it curly - though I did until 10 years ago I discovered GHDs. And therein lies the problem... 10 years of heat and/or chemical straightening had taken a toll on my hair. My hairdresser insisted it was still in good nick for all the torture it went through, but I was having real problems keeping the style. It was getting weaker and more stressed each time I washed and dried it. And rain! Well, don't go there. Any form of dampness from showering to humidity to getting caught walking 5 yards to the car in light rain... BOING! Curls and frizz galore!

Not any more, though. My Steampod allows me freedom with my hair for the first time in 10 years. I no longer have to battle daily with GHDs to get it into style as it stays from wash to wash. AND I no longer fear damp! I hope they never stop making them and live in fear of mine breaking down (but at least I no longer dread the weatherman predicting rain).

I wonder what Keeley is using? I think I read here that she lives abroad a lot of the time. Would it be humid there? Or maybe she's gone the chemical route. I loved X-Tenso the first time I had it, but subsequent applications gave me "bends" and breakage. Same with Brazilian.

Any other curly girls here that have discovered their HG? And do you prefer Keeley curly or straight?

Embrace the curls!
Years ago I had a bob cut and straightened it every day, then decided to grow my hair long and grew fed up of the amount of time I was wasting straightening. So, I decided to go with my natural curls and I've never looked back. Everyone I know says it's the best thing I ever did and thinks I'm mad that I use to have it short and straight.

I do think I'm quite lucky that my curls are "beachy/relaxed" curls, rather than tight corkscrew curls that can be very hard to manage. Keeley's hair looks nice straight but it's tell-tale straightened hair.

What is a steam pod, alter ego? Never heard of it!

I think Keeley's hair looks lovely, both the style and the lighter colour. I don't think we are ever happy with what we have naturally. My hair is naturally brunette and straight but I have blonde highlights in it and love to use my curling wand.

Yes she lives in Cyprus now. I too really like the new look. We always want the hair we don't have, I have thick wiry hair according to my hairdresser, I was a natural blond as a child. Oh and I have two crowns and two cow's licks one side worst that the other. I always wanted long straight black hair.:mysmilie_10: As time passes you learn how to work with your hair.

Embrace the curls!
Years ago I had a bob cut and straightened it every day, then decided to grow my hair long and grew fed up of the amount of time I was wasting straightening. So, I decided to go with my natural curls and I've never looked back. Everyone I know says it's the best thing I ever did and thinks I'm mad that I use to have it short and straight.

I do think I'm quite lucky that my curls are "beachy/relaxed" curls, rather than tight corkscrew curls that can be very hard to manage. Keeley's hair looks nice straight but it's tell-tale straightened hair.

What is a steam pod, alter ego? Never heard of it!

You are sooo lucky. Unfortunately, I have a varied curl pattern - some form loose ringlets, some tight, some are just a fuzz. I did once manage to get it look stunning, but that was only with the help of a Canadian stylist who introduced me to X-Tenso. She had the most amazing head of bum length Julia Roberts (the film star) curls and insisted that her clients were shown the potential of their curls before chemically straightening. She told me that it was good business for her that 95% of her clients would go the straightening route, but very sad anyway. No matter how I tried, using the same products she used, I just couldn't replicate it.

She emailed me last year with details of the Steampod (she's a L'Oreal salon and uses the salon version on her clients - almost all of them take the home version with them). Took me a while to find it over here, but it's quite widely available now. It will be prised from my cold, dead hands - I will never be willingly parted from it! I got the pink version here: http://www.lookfantastic.com/l-orea.../10792248.html?autocomplete=productsuggestion and use my usual styling products. Check out the reviews.

My GHDs were on the way out and though I could've bought them cheaper online, the stock at the official GHD site is more or less comparable in price.

If you can find them, Babyliss do a similar version, without a tank. I remember seeing them in Boots several years ago and they were £125 then. I bought a set from eBay to take away with me and find them brilliant, but the effect isn't as long-lasting as the SP. These are what I have, but they're under a different brand and name and seem only available in Australia/France/Spain and a few other countries: http://www.vssassoon.com.au/goddess/faq.aspx

I understand what you mean when you say "tell-tale" straightened hair, but if I use my Babyliss BH first, then the SP, my hair looks and feels naturally straight, healthy and bouncy. Not poker/flat straight and no kink at roots oddly enough.

I still wish I had the option of going "au naturel" now and then, though. Beachy waves = big appeal :nod:

I think she's changed her style as it looks a bit Princess Anne circa 1970 this evening whereas I saw her earlier today and it looked lovely when she wore her curly hair long.

Latest posts

Back