So have thousands of customers (well 50...) lost their cash/orders

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

some of them will turn to their worry angels... and pray.

I'm praying for Lee at Ventor at the moment. His house must have an eerie silence. Maybe he's sat in front of the TV with the current Bid.tv transmission wondering if the technical problem will be fixed?

I hope they at least have some decency and deliver remaining items.

Well, technically, "they" don't exist - the administrators now own the company.

Administrators are under no obligation to provide those products unless the customer can prove that the item is theirs - and they have no way of doing that because they won't have a receipt yet, and their bank statement won't show what item the payment covered.

If they had a credit card, they'll be covered by their credit card provider.
If they had an email confirmation, they might have some luck - although, doubtful.

Administrators don't supply anything unless they really have to. Their sole aim is to flog everything that is sellable to get as much money back as possible to pay creditors. That will mean selling any stock they have - including that that has already been sold, but can't be proven or tied up to any paperwork.

It also means that any warranties on products are now void too (although the manufacturer of that product has to honour instead - but good luck finding out who made half of their cheap unbranded tat).

they could in theory use the Section 75 chargeback scheme which covers credit and debit cards.

I used it quite recently for an order I paid via Debit Card to a company in the USA that never arrived. Most UK banks are signed upto the scheme.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/how-do-i-use-chargeback

With no disrespect to some of their customer base though, judging by their Facebook comments, they're not the brightest lamps in the street. Lets face it, if they were, then they'd do their research and buy the products from Amazon in the first place and save themselves at least £8 in p&p.

I doubt they'd have the knowledge or ability to look into things like this or put it into action. They'll probably still be phoning up in three months time wondering why their product hasn't turned up or why nobody is answering.

No doubt some of their customers are genuine people who shop there simply because of its ease of use and home delivery (disabled people or elderly for example) - and therefore, they'll be bright enough to known and enforce their options - but there are some that are just plain stupid too and will just accept that their product is never turning up.

I hope bid haven't had any really expensive items the last week or two, losing £20 on a bottle of perfume isn't nice but imagine losing hundreds of pounds on a vacuum or cooking unit (things that people may really need). I read just the other day on FB that people hadn't had their items yet and they were getting excuses like "lost in transit".

I hope bid haven't had any really expensive items the last week or two, losing £20 on a bottle of perfume isn't nice but imagine losing hundreds of pounds on a vacuum or cooking unit (things that people may really need). I read just the other day on FB that people hadn't had their items yet and they were getting excuses like "lost in transit".

They've sold quite a few expensive Vacuum Cleaners and Tefal Actifrys.

And 'Art' too, even on Price Drop. In fact Steve shifted 6 or possibly 8 of those Frankel prints either yesterday or the day before for (I think) over £150 :mysmilie_13:

And he moved quite a few Sturhling Watches for even more.

They've sold quite a few expensive Vacuum Cleaners and Tefal Actifrys.

And 'Art' too, even on Price Drop. In fact Steve shifted 6 or possibly 8 of those Frankel prints either yesterday or the day before for (I think) over £150 :mysmilie_13:

And he moved quite a few Sturhling Watches for even more.

The people that have purchased them have to wait up to 14 days to see if they are actually getting their items, Its going to be an anxious wait :clock: I presume they aren't taking phone calls anymore?

The people that have purchased them have to wait up to 14 days to see if they are actually getting their items, Its going to be an anxious wait :clock: I presume they aren't taking phone calls anymore?

Somebody posted on the Digital Spy website that when they tried to call their Customer Services number a message stated they are unable to answer due to (I paraphrase) 'circumstances beyond their control'.

Or something like that anyway.

At least not many people lost out due to the administration, and this is according to the administrators themselves:

“The small number of affected customers who have purchased items from sit-up Limited within the last few days are advised to refer to the company website, which will be updated with more information in the coming days.”

Somebody posted on the Digital Spy website that when they tried to call their Customer Services number a message stated they are unable to answer due to (I paraphrase) 'circumstances beyond their control'.

Or something like that anyway.

I had a similar experience the other week when my phone provider (ovivo) decided to close 2 days after I purchased the sim for £20 quid - they suspended all services & closed down all methods of communication with zero notice. Luckily Paypal don't take kindly to such treatment of customers. I hope the banks bend over backwards to help anybody affected with this fiasco.

I had a similar experience the other week when my phone provider (ovivo) decided to close 2 days after I purchased the sim for £20 quid - they suspended all services & closed down all methods of communication with zero notice. Luckily Paypal don't take kindly to such treatment of customers. I hope the banks bend over backwards to help anybody affected with this fiasco.

I hope so too Mr M because I wouldn't have any confidence that Sit-Up will do the decent thing.

They rarely have this last few years. And now they've finally paid for it :mysmilie_59:

I hope so too Mr M because I wouldn't have any confidence that Sit-Up will do the decent thing.

They rarely have this last few years. And now they've finally paid for it :mysmilie_59:

Sit-Up no longer exist as the Administrators are now in charge and they are unlikely to send out any more goods.

Sit-Up no longer exist as the Administrators are now in charge and they are unlikely to send out any more goods.

I presume the direct dispatch from manufacturers items will get cancelled too if Bid hasn't forwarded payment. Some of the bigger companies may still honour the orders out of good faith.

A lifetime member of staff at Bid has posted this on Digital Spy:
I have worked at the sit-up channels distribution centre in Tamworth since the launch of Bid-Up (as it was called then) and Price Drop TV in 2003. Many of my colleagues who started at the same time are still there today.

For people who have purchased and paid for items recently I can tell you that the last collection from Royal Mail left our warehouse on Thursday afternoon which would have been carrying most of Wednesday's orders but not all of them as there were still some bulky items for Parcelforce to collect, notably over 200 pack of 2 memory foam pillows which are being held in our facility until we are told we can dispatch them.

Anything bought and paid for after approx. midnight on Thursday till the business ceased trading on Thursday afternoon, about 1,300 items when I last checked, will not be processed and refunds will be issued, again when we have been told we can proceed.

Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back