Yankee candles at ASDA!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Just got back from Asda. They have large vase-shaped jar Yankee candles in there for £8 each. Fragrances were as follows: Honey & Vanilla (Couldn't work out if I liked it or not - too sweet), Stony Cove (slightly odd, nondescript) Grapefruit (smelled JUST like a pink grapefuit! my favourite) Lavender (seemed a touch on the synthetic side), Fresh Spring (smelled more like Harpic toilet cleaner) and something and linen (not for me). I think the jars would be nice to keep after the candle has been used.

There the simply home range , IMO not as good as the house warmer range but there are some good scents, especially cherry vanilla

There the simply home range , IMO not as good as the house warmer range but there are some good scents, especially cherry vanilla

Cherry vanilla sounds nice. I don't think they had that one. I didn't spend too long in there as I have been ill all day and had only eaten one bowl of porridge. Next time I go in there I will look at the other candles.

Cherry vanilla sounds nice. I don't think they had that one. I didn't spend too long in there as I have been ill all day and had only eaten one bowl of porridge. Next time I go in there I will look at the other candles.

If you like Black cherry its very similar to that , another nice scent is Morning blossom , Nice thing about buying from Asda is you can smell before you buy :)

They had coconut at ours before Christmas. It burned nice and even and smelled wonderful. They haven't had that scent in since. Gutted. I have found the coconut and sweet pea to be every bit as good as my traditional Yankees

Tesco has some - a few samplers online and jars in store - from this range. I don't like the shape of the large jars as much they look a bit old fashioned to me (or let's say 'classic'!) but great value. The samplers I've had have been good - including a plain cinnamon one at Xmas and lavender.

sadly i have been burning woodwick candles and they are soo beautifully scented. also the crackling sound is like a real log fire. these yankee candles sound like the jars that homebase used to sell

I picked up a Heart and Home candle in a garden centre today. 30 hours burn time £4.99 in sweet black cherry. It smells so much nicer than Yankee black cherry. They are in glass jars with a domed tin lid, quite pretty and they are soy candles. I bough a new scent from Yankee too in sweet apple. I haven't lit either of them yet but I have very high hopes for my little £4.99 soy candle. They also do a bigger one £12.99 for 80 hours burn time.
This what they look like http://www.candlesathome.co.uk/shop/heart-and-home. I didn't buy from here though

Latest posts

Back