What was the last thing you saw on shop at Bid and Price drop?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

£1 MEGADROP1

Registered Shopper
Shop at bid
For me I was flicking over during the breaks of not only the soaps but also the latest of the secret eaters on Wednesday nighhhhhhhhttttttttttt, Our Sally was on selling "the last chance" to get the newer of the Vax. It was all about the suction and this Vax was pulling the dirt and the grime and the spilled things up before the unit got to them which meant you could go rightttttttttttttt up to the skirting board - which was actually quite impressive and Sally said you won't get loads of marks down the skirting board like you would with a usual vac been crashed into it. They had in a tub not only 17 I think it was golf balls to demonstrate that this is not only the stronger of the suckers but also the larger of the bowling balls to really put it to the test.....I was waiting to see this amazing event as I've got to be honest I've never seen a bowling ball being sucked up by....well anything before but they kept messing around and my 4 minute window closed so back to the secret eaters I went thinking oh well I'm sure I will see it again sometime. Pretty gutted I missed out.

Last recording was Peter Simon's (final ever shift) on the Sunday evening which is interesting as I've not watched much shop at bid these last few weeks and recorded even less - One of his final products was demonstrating the stickier of the monster glues not only to bind wood and bricks and the latest of the pipes and to not only seal the gutterings, not only to stick the shinier of the tiles, not only the fabrics, not only the slippier of the metals, not only to fix a smashed plant pot or fix the older of the broken shoes or the leather bags. Final thing I saw with Peter was the Darren Baker ranges from the art of ballet to the candlelit wines, not only to the morning light and the tulips and the African bull of the elephants....well that's it we have to wrap it up where does an hour go will you come and join us again? loved it Peter, right from me tonight I hope I can see you on Thursday night from 10 till 1 in the meantime have a wonderful week goodnight and god bless from Darren and me. dibbing.jpg Now you can see where the quote on this comes from when he closes the channels at the end of the nights he would use the longer of them.

Price drop
For me it was Lisa Brash and pretty much everything she had sold out....the 12 hour spectacular with the more Whizzy of the mops was my final full presentation, not only with the larger of the spinning degrees of the 360, not only with the bucket, not only with the 5 heads and in the deeper and darker and the richer of the reds...how many of you have done this and got your mop and not got the excess water out, there is nothing worse than dipping in your bucket (laughs) "such a child"...... "and it being very wet and then" (laughs) "I can't do it, I can't do it", (in a high pitched squeal) Oh I've gone I've gone I've gone, walks off screen the mop falls to the floor and the the VT plays with some music over the top.

I'm sorry I just have a laughing fit there I'm really, really sorry. I'm actually crying, the mascara was running down my eyes that was so funny I know u's have no idea what I was laughing at..ohhhh you might. seriously oh well anyway so you put your mop in your bucket, err it gets soaking wet, then you try and wring it out it doesn't wring out properly then you go and put you mop head back on the floor and its wet again, it just defeats the object...with this your getting a good wring out of it (little giggle) and that's it....oh this sale went brilliant, this went brilliant....right were going to drop the price....I'm so professional...No wonder shoppingtelly.com people hate me.

Last edited:
It was Caroline selling some kind of illuminated solar powered feathery thing that you stick in the ground.
She invoked her mythical cousin as usual 'The normal Shop at Bid price for this is £19.99 and my cousin has got something very similar and that's about what she paid!'
This was probably the day before the plug was pulled.
For anyone missing Bid give the Jewellery Channel a go-bullshit and insincerity by the bucket load!
There's a woman there who's a cross between Caroline Lindsay and Sally Jaxx and who keeps effecting surprise by saying 'Oh my word!' which Sally always used to say, which is of course a phrase that absolutely no one uses in real life.

Last edited:
I was honoured enough to see Shop At Bid get unceremoniously pulled from the airwaves.

One minute the delightful and ever fragrant Peter Sherlock was sliding his way through another sale and BOOM!, he was replaced by the fault slide.

And that was it.

I was honoured enough to see Shop At Bid unceremoniously get pulled from the airwaves.

One minute the delightful and ever fragrant Peter Sherlock was sliding his way through another sale and BOOM!, he was replaced by the fault slide.

And that was it.

You saw history, one of the three people in the UK watching at the time

I was watching when it went off air. The last item was one of those butterfly glass dangly things for the garden.

I remember thinking how ridiculously over the top Sherlock was being. He called it a "beautiful piece of art." I actually thought at the time that the channels can't go on like this and then, puff, he was gone.

I wish I had recorded it. It seems nobody has video of it going off air.

You saw history, one of the three people in the UK watching at the time

I posted soon after, it genuinely never crossed my mind that it was anything other than perhaps a Fire Alarm or maybe a Transmission Fault.

But then from information popping up on other websites it soon became obvious that something was very wrong.

I was watching when it went off air. The last item was one of those butterfly glass dangly things for the garden.

I remember thinking how ridiculously over the top Sherlock was being. He called it a "beautiful piece of art." I actually thought at the time that the channels can't go on like this and then, puff, he was gone.

I wish I had recorded it. It seems nobody has video of it going off air.

I wonder if Caroline's sudden bout of sickness was in any way related?

Probably not as that happened just before 1.00pm so Ben stayed on for another hour until 2.00pm.

I posted soon after, it genuinely never crossed my mind that it was anything other than perhaps a Fire Alarm or maybe a Transmission Fault.

But then from information popping up on other websites it soon became obvious that something was very wrong.

I randomly switched over to bid during the afternoon which is not something I do often and saw the technical problems and thought nothing of it as I remember them having some issues earlier in the week or the week before, Once I was free I switched over again and still the music was singing away to me so I came on here and saw the "Whats going on?" thread and without reading any of it I came and posted as a joke "Have they boarded up and gone ome?" as that is something Peter said countless times over the years when prices went so low. As soon as I hit the post button I went back to the start to get the latest - read the channels were off the air- nothing to worry about, the sites are unavailable - again this is something that I've seen happen before when they had a powercut which took them out for hours so no real concern, then I read the Facebook pages have gone - hmmmmm now a problem at bid towers would not remove a Facebook page. started to think then read "EDIT:- Someone has posted on Digital Spy that Sit-Up has gone into administration and has ceased operations but I can see no official confirmation of that anywhere" at that point I was like :O what? I'd been expecting this for a few weeks but once the CVA was passed I thought we were safe for the time being.

I randomly switched over to bid during the afternoon which is not something I do often and saw the technical problems and thought nothing of it as I remember them having some issues earlier in the week or the week before, Once I was free I switched over again and still the music was singing away to me so I came on here and saw the "Whats going on?" thread and without reading any of it I came and posted as a joke "Have they boarded up and gone ome?" as that is something Peter said countless times over the years when prices went so low. As soon as I hit the post button I went back to the start to get the latest - read the channels were off the air- nothing to worry about, the sites are unavailable - again this is something that I've seen happen before when they had a powercut which took them out for hours so no real concern, then I read the Facebook pages have gone - hmmmmm now a problem at bid towers would not remove a Facebook page. started to think then read "EDIT:- Someone has posted on Digital Spy that Sit-Up has gone into administration and has ceased operations but I can see no official confirmation of that anywhere" at that point I was like :O what? I'd been expecting this for a few weeks but once the CVA was passed I thought we were safe for the time being.

I remember the post you made Mega, I replied to it and you then said you were only joshing, how spooky:mysmilie_13: I think I added the red edit about 20 minutes after I created the thread.

To be honest I didn't even really think it was so odd when the websites went down as I thought it could be power related. But when their facebook pages disappeared it did start to dawn on me that they may well have come off the rails.

There is no way I thought it would happen so soon after the CVA though but I won't deny that I didn't expect them to make it to years end.

Gotcha!!!!!

The only way they'll get back on air is if Dirty Peter and Gollum break in through their sheer desperation to perform in front of a camera.

In fact I wouldn't be at all shocked if Madina has rigged up their living room as a faux studio just to massage Gollum's massive ego while all the time filming him on a Vivitar :mysmilie_59:

Price-Drop was ages ago, so I can't remember. The last thing I saw on Bid was Mike Mason's memory foam pillow deal. We wouldn't believe the product, the price or the twist. I think they were £14.99 or something. He pushed down on the pillow for quite a while: I was expecting him to show how memory foam stays in shape. Instead, he used this to demonstrate how much like a normal pillow it was: just springing back to a flat rectangle. When this didn't happen (a good sign surely :S) he said this was just a dent in the pillow cover, and tried to rub it away. What's the point of it being memory foam then?

The only way they'll get back on air is if Dirty Peter and Gollum break in through their sheer desperation to perform in front of a camera.

In fact I wouldn't be at all shocked if Madina has rigged up their living room as a faux studio just to massage Gollum's massive ego while all the time filming him on a Vivitar :mysmilie_59:

As the fountain of knowledge (MM) tells us the Vivitar HD range is superior to that of a SD television studio camera costing in excess of £50k (you save £49,975)

Price-Drop was ages ago, so I can't remember. The last thing I saw on Bid was Mike Mason's memory foam pillow deal. We wouldn't believe the product, the price or the twist. I think they were £14.99 or something. He pushed down on the pillow for quite a while: I was expecting him to show how memory foam stays in shape. Instead, he used this to demonstrate how much like a normal pillow it was: just springing back to a flat rectangle. When this didn't happen (a good sign surely :S) he said this was just a dent in the pillow cover, and tried to rub it away. What's the point of it being memory foam then?

I became particularly nauseous when Gollum felt the need to put his increasingly perspiring mallet head on the Pillow.

It repulsed me.

I am sorry about those behind the camera who lost their jobs. But gleeful that I have hopefully seen the last of the most awful bunch of presenters I have ever had the misfortune of watching. Each time I tuned in, someone or something was said that really stuck in my gullet and I hoped this day would come. Now it has, I am not sorry. It's been a blast to watch and contribute, and the best thing that has come out of this forum is the great laughs I have had with all who contribute. It was car crash TV at it's best - I think it will reflect on some (not all) CV's currently being emailed to prospective jobs. Who could forget DP's snot bubble:mysmilie_14: I think some will resurface, but hopefully many will disappear. Thank's one and all.

The last time I watched, it was the Darren ('the nearest thing to a Dutch master') Baker show with Peter Simon going into full Kinkade mode.

The last time I watched, it was the Darren ('the nearest thing to a Dutch master') Baker show with Peter Simon going into full Kinkade mode.

I forgot about poor little Dazza.

Presuming his career had dipped somewhat (i'm guessing it must have for him to be on Bid) then I do hope he got paid, up front, before he released any of his 'near photographic'* paintings.

*if they were near photographic I assume he's comparing them to a Polaroid Instant Snap?

I am sorry about those behind the camera who lost their jobs. But gleeful that I have hopefully seen the last of the most awful bunch of presenters I have ever had the misfortune of watching. Each time I tuned in, someone or something was said that really stuck in my gullet and I hoped this day would come. Now it has, I am not sorry. It's been a blast to watch and contribute, and the best thing that has come out of this forum is the great laughs I have had with all who contribute. It was car crash TV at it's best - I think it will reflect on some (not all) CV's currently being emailed to prospective jobs. Who could forget DP's snot bubble:mysmilie_14: I think some will resurface, but hopefully many will disappear. Thank's one and all.

I've laughed at that many times over the years

Latest posts

Back