He's just happy to be working...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Goodluckifyageddit

Registered Shopper
I couldn't sleep last night (still on a high over our win against Chelsea), so got up and began to channel hop. There on the Jewellery Channel, just starting the graveyard shift (2 a.m. - 6 a.m.) on their 'Ruby Day', was Wiggy. Obviously as he's just recently joined the channel he doesn't have much say when he can work.

I found him pretty inoffensive and fairly pleasant when he worked at Bid...sure he kept to the company line and spouted BS like the rest of them...but the last thing you could say about him was that he was shouty and in-your-face like many there. In fact, if you fancied a mid-afternoon zizz in a comfy armchair, having Mark droning on in the background at low volume was a sure-fire method to drive you into the arms of Morpheus.

He was doing fine last night, having low quantities of each item, but shifting them pretty much every time. I'm glad he saw the light and got away from Bid, and I hope he does well at TJC. After about an hour he did the trick and I went back to bed feeling sleepy !

I couldn't sleep last night (still on a high over our win against Chelsea), so got up and began to channel hop. There on the Jewellery Channel, just starting the graveyard shift (2 a.m. - 6 a.m.) on their 'Ruby Day', was Wiggy. Obviously as he's just recently joined the channel he doesn't have much say when he can work.

I found him pretty inoffensive and fairly pleasant when he worked at Bid...sure he kept to the company line and spouted BS like the rest of them...but the last thing you could say about him was that he was shouty and in-your-face like many there. In fact, if you fancied a mid-afternoon zizz in a comfy armchair, having Mark droning on in the background at low volume was a sure-fire method to drive you into the arms of Morpheus.

He was doing fine last night, having low quantities of each item, but shifting them pretty much every time. I'm glad he saw the light and got away from Bid, and I hope he does well at TJC. After about an hour he did the trick and I went back to bed feeling sleepy !

I always liked him but the burning question on my finger tips is did he say "in the big bad world" or "in the big wide world" at all? That was a couple of his catchphrases.

I always liked him but the burning question on my finger tips is did he say "in the big bad world" or "in the big wide world" at all? That was a couple of his catchphrases.

And another favourite was 'back when I read the news on ITV'.

I think he briefly had a stint as a reporter for ITV South West so maybe he's a big name in Devon :mysmilie_59:

And another favourite was 'back when I read the news on ITV'.

I think he briefly had a stint as a reporter for ITV South West so maybe he's a big name in Devon :mysmilie_59:

Also he was a star on the short-lived local Portsmouth and Southampton TV stations circa 2002 where he had his own show entitled "Honey I'm Home" with "loads of fun features". (No I'm not making this up!)

Also he was a star on the short-lived local Portsmouth and Southampton TV stations circa 2002 where he had his own show entitled "Honey I'm Home" with "loads of fun features". (No I'm not making this up!)

It is at times like this that I wish I lived in the Portsmouth area. His show sounds "fun".*

*In case anyone is worried about my sanity I am in mourning for Bid Tv and am shortly to arrange counselling so I don't come out with ridiculous statements like this again. Seriously though Mark was no Mike Mason with his ignorant ways and I didn't mind him.

I watched a very nice man on TJC yesterday, not Wiggy of course, and it was a bit like deja vu in that he was selling a belcher chain, in the realer of the golds. It looked a piddling bit of gold but the weight wasn't on the graphics. No matter I thought, I'm dead used to that. He only mentioned once that it was almost 2.5g. He went into a long and boring story about it being a 'close out deal'. This was something that, if they had made themselves, would have cost £119.99 but being as they bought it from someone else as a 'close out deal' they could sell it cheaper, I think it was £99.99.

It all sounded a bit cock and bullish and I felt at home :mysmilie_14:

True, I am glad he explained it but I'm still none the wiser.

It's very often on the graphics when I've looked in and I've not looked in that often..........yet.

it's great when they have ''special events'' with their chief buyer ''amit'' he is an Asian peter Sherlock.

except they films **** adverts with him in it.

edit: sorry.... gloriously **** adverts

I never know what "close out deal" means. I understand summer sales, January sales, mid season sales etc. Close out is to me is meaningless.

A close out deal is when TJC buy stock from a jeweler/company or supplier that have gone into administration/liquidation/bankrupt! Or when a jewellery company or supplier is overstocked and TJC can buy a bulk of the stock for a discounted price.

For instance TJC could now do a deal with sit-up to buy all the left over jewellery and when they sell it on TJC it will be a close out deal!

It is called close out deal due to the fact that everything else on TJC is made in house with no middlemen I.e. sourcing the gemstones, designing the jewellery and then manufacturing it and then selling it.

A close out deal is when TJC buy stock from a company or supplier that have gone into administration/liquidation/bankrupt! Or when a jewellery company or supplier is overstocked and TJC can buy a bulk of the stock for a discounted price.

For instance TJC could now do a deal with sit-up to buy all the left over jewellery and when they sell it on TJC it will be a close out deal!

It is called close out deal due to the fact that everything else on TJC is made in house with no middlemen I.e. sourcing the gemstones, designing the jewellery and then manufacturing it and then selling it.

Thanks for that! We will probably see all Bids classy jewellery turn up there.

Thanks for that! We will probably see all Bids classy jewellery turn up there.

Watch this space lol

TJCs sisters company in America the liquidation channel sells a lot of costume/stimulated jewellery so it will probably end up there not the UK channel haha

Latest posts

Back