Are you having Bid/Pricedrop withdrawal symptoms?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Are you getting bid/pricedrop withdrawal symptoms

• Yes!

Votes: 21 70.0%
  • No!

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Dunno

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

Greg

Registered Shopper
Are you finding it difficult to cope without the channels. Come, share your problems here!

nope, not really. The watchability factor for me died a while ago, so quite used to it now. I miss the assistants more than the presenters though :mysmilie_59:

Yeah... I miss the daily laugh...I had the odd half-hour on the channels through the day. I never watched much at night. Not quite a bid addict but still liked it being there.:mysmilie_59:

Not really, I had my withdrawal symptoms when they changed to that shop at Bid format. To me that was when Bid died as it was unwatchable.

I have had the channel on non stop for four days now, I haven't been to sleep, I know they are there behind that graphic waiting to entertain us... I have knocked on the tv screen shouted out Mike!!!, Peter!!!, Sally!!!

Why won't they reply:mysmilie_512:

Please talk to me Bid tv I have been sat here for four days I know you will come back on:mysmilie_478::mysmilie_476:

You don't know how much we miss you.

I won't turn my tv over until you come back and tell us it's all a mistake, a joke, a promotional stunt.

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee commmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeee backkkkkkkkkkkkkkk whatever I have done to make you go away :mysmilie_477:

I've lost a casual viewing avenue, it was so very simple to just put bid on in the background and get on with bits an bobs.

It's just not the same with the jewellery channel or gems. For a start, I can't tell when they are lying.

at least with bid I could (when their lips moved)

The Ex-Presenters (and especially my Schlocko and my Gollum) will always be in my heart so no, i'm not particularly missing them or the channels.

I did once or twice instinctively go to press 645 or 654 in an attempt to tune in after they had closed down, but even that has stopped now.

I'm definitely missing them, specially only having Virgin and freeview, I've quite a limited choice of alternatives and IW and QVC are as dull as ditchwater!

I miss it. It was my favourite thing to have on in the background once everyone else had gone to bed.

*twiddles thumbs*

I miss switching over in the adverts. I never watched whole shows but did have the odd 10 minutes. My mum used to love seeing Sally with a hideous top stretching it massively showing how much elastane was in there. And where am I going to buy ponchos now? I've tried Ideal World and it just isn't the same. QVC is too professional compared to Bid. And, I love jewellery but find non stop jewellery sales boring. I still find yself grabbing the remote when adverts start! I still can't believe it has actually gone.

yep i am struggling with the lost.... first full day today back at work and what do I have on in the background???... i tried QVC and they are good but not the entertainment that BID was.... and yes i was a customer many years ago, pop corn maker, so i have paid my subs to watch BID......

I just hope my work doesn't suffer !!!

I think some of the members on this forum who have been critical of the channels will miss Bid TV more than they are willing to admit. The fact there are still posts 4 days later talking about the presenters shows to me they haven't lost interest at all. I will definitely miss the channels and the presenters.

I think some of the members on this forum who have been critical of the channels will miss Bid TV more than they are willing to admit. The fact there are still posts 4 days later talking about the presenters shows to me they haven't lost interest at all. I will definitely miss the channels and the presenters.

I respect your comments, but I am pleased we won't have any more screeching, desparation selling, scaremongering tactics, smutty inuendo's, etc, etc. I won't miss them - in fact I'm glad they are no more. That's my personal opinion, totally understand your's.

I miss both channels terribly, as someone who likes to have the tv on in the background while going about my day. A few times a day I've been putting 645 and then 654 on, just in case, just to check, you never know, in hope.
I'd lost interest in Shop at Bid pretty much but was glued to the car crash that was Pricedrop for the last couple of weeks, couldn't believe what i was seeing, couldn't switch it off.
I've been watching sit-up's channels on and off, pretty much since inception, with varying levels of interest over the years. I accept they have gone, but it's going to take me, and my channel selection finger, a while before I stop looking for them. I've looked through the remaining shopping channels lots of times, and none of them are going to be able to fill the gap left by my old friends at Sit-up.
Watching lots of Youtube clips over the last few days has just served to remind me how much more fun shopping tv used to be, and that we are in a pretty fun-free state right now.

NO I'm not missing it at all....

I've hardly posted over the last couple of days as I've been sat in a darkened room switching every few minutes between 23 and 37 listening to the music loops whilst rocking back and forth in the larger of the inflatable sofa's with my feet resting on the rounder of the Moroccan footstools whilst drinking a 3 day hot chocolate not only from the larger of the dotty mugs not only did they once sell all of those things, not only has my drink long since gone cold but I'm still dipping the crispier of the home made popcorns in it anyway waiting for this nightmare to be over and all our friends to be back on air....its going to happen? isn't it?.............isn't it?.................... ISSSSSSSSNNNNNNNNN'''''''''TTTT ITTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: shortly after this post was made £1 MEGADROP was sectioned under the mental health act and may not be back for quite some time....His final words were....remember no matter where you are or who you are, you might know it but somebody loves you, goodnight and god bless xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
NO I'm not missing it at all....

I've hardly posted over the last couple of days as I've been sat in a darkened room switching every few minutes between 23 and 37 listening to the music loops whilst rocking back and forth in the larger of the inflatable sofa's with my feet resting on the rounder of the Moroccan footstools whilst drinking a 3 day hot chocolate not only from the larger of the dotty mugs not only did they once sell all of those things, not only has my drink long since gone cold but I'm still dipping the crispier of the home made popcorns in it anyway waiting for this nightmare to be over and all our friends to be back on air....its going to happen? isn't it?.............isn't it?.................... ISSSSSSSSNNNNNNNNN'''''''''TTTT ITTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope. I mean that most sincerely folks!!

Latest posts

Back