As One door closes,,,grab your CV The Outlet Channel needs you.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No expense spent by the looks of it, my bathroom is bigger than their studio, I hope they didn't pay someone big money to come up with the logo

When is it launching as the site has pics saying 1st and 8th, Has someone from sit-up set up this company?

Last edited:
No expense spent by the looks of it, my bathroom is bigger than their studio, I hope they didn't pay someone big money to come up with the logo

When is it launching as the site has pics saying 1st and 8th, Has someone from sit-up set up this company?

I have no idea going by the thread on shopping telly it's the 1st of June, then when you click the link it says Sundays and Mondays on channel 682,,so who knows.

The Outlet Channel is pleased to announce its launch at 8 pm the 1st of June on SKY channel 682. The Outlet Channel will bring a vast range of everyday household essentials and more, with prices aiming to beat the high street, and sensible postage and packaging charges. We have a great line up of presenters ready to bring you the best deals broadcasting from our studios in Lancashire.

Hi Guys. Ross here from The Outlet Channel. Don't panic we are not the reincarnation of Sit Up TV, nor do we have any past involvement! We would never dream of charging £7.99 P&P, however we have received plenty of ex Sit Up Presenters C.V's!!

The studio picture we gave Graham at ShoppingTelly.com is only part of our studio. Rather than hiring others facilities we have invested heavily in creating our own studios near Preston in Lancashire. To give you a bit of background on us....we have operated high street stores for many years across the North West and I have have always had a keen interest in Shopping TV. Watching the slow and painful death of Bid TV spurred me on to launch our new channel. A big risk in today's marketplace but I'm making a pledge to listen to feedback and not just go about it however we deem fit.

Initially the airtime slots available on Sky 682 are limited and we are airing 8pm - 9pm two nights a week but we have to start somewhere! Please support us and I welcome any feedback to my personal email address - [email protected]. Of course I'll be a regular on the forums!

Happy Shopping Guys :)

I don't think it matters how big the studio is, lets face it bid tv had a huge complex but just ended up ripping off the customer with Premium Rate phone call, overcharging om P&P and suppose bottom line sold crap.

I am looking forward to seeing this channel launch, good presenters, good products and sensible P&P will make or break a channel not the studio size.

I have no idea going by the thread on shopping telly it's the 1st of June, then when you click the link it says Sundays and Mondays on channel 682,,so who knows.

The Outlet Channel is pleased to announce its launch at 8 pm the 1st of June on SKY channel 682. The Outlet Channel will bring a vast range of everyday household essentials and more, with prices aiming to beat the high street, and sensible postage and packaging charges. We have a great line up of presenters ready to bring you the best deals broadcasting from our studios in Lancashire.

Hi Guys. Ross here from The Outlet Channel. Don't panic we are not the reincarnation of Sit Up TV, nor do we have any past involvement! We would never dream of charging £7.99 P&P, however we have received plenty of ex Sit Up Presenters C.V's!!

The studio picture we gave Graham at ShoppingTelly.com is only part of our studio. Rather than hiring others facilities we have invested heavily in creating our own studios near Preston in Lancashire. To give you a bit of background on us....we have operated high street stores for many years across the North West and I have have always had a keen interest in Shopping TV. Watching the slow and painful death of Bid TV spurred me on to launch our new channel. A big risk in today's marketplace but I'm making a pledge to listen to feedback and not just go about it however we deem fit.

Initially the airtime slots available on Sky 682 are limited and we are airing 8pm - 9pm two nights a week but we have to start somewhere! Please support us and I welcome any feedback to my personal email address - [email protected]. Of course I'll be a regular on the forums!

Happy Shopping Guys :)

Hope Far Mani gets an interview

Hi steveh31 - Freeview is our ultimate goal but you can pay upto £1MILION to get a freeview EPG and airtime slot!!! Pocket money for some of the big boys out there but I'm going to have to save up!

Regards - Ross @ The Outlet Channel

The Outlet Channel

Are we talking about the reincarnation of Yes 661, or better still good old "Shop"....

The Outlet Channel

Are we talking about the reincarnation of Yes 661, or better still good old "Shop"....

Hi Kathy

As we aren't airing Live at the moment the format will be in the style of Ideal World TV. If we end up broadcasting live we will be going falling price auction style.

We are hoping the viewers will tell us what they want after seeing the first few broadcasts!

Our products at first are complete guess work - again we are hoping the Shopping Telly.com forums will tell us what products you want to see!

Regards

Ross
The Outlet Channel

I really don't understand why you are doing this.

I don't want to sound like a misery guts who is just putting a downer on this for the sake of it but I think a reality check is in order now.

Starting a new TV shopping venture now is utterly ridiculous. It is like opening a new chain of video shops now blockbuster has gone tits up.

Shopping TV is on the way out. Everyone now can go on amazon and get incredible value and service.

Even argos found they couldn't really make a new shopping channel pay. I really believe this venture will fail. If bid had to rely on the excessive postage and phone calls then how is outlet going to make any money if it offers fair postage and no call costs?

I really don't understand why you are doing this.

I don't want to sound like a misery guts who is just putting a downer on this for the sake of it but I think a reality check is in order now.

Starting a new TV shopping venture now is utterly ridiculous. It is like opening a new chain of video shops now blockbuster has gone tits up.

Shopping TV is on the way out. Everyone now can go on amazon and get incredible value and service.

Even argos found they couldn't really make a new shopping channel pay. I really believe this venture will fail. If bid had to rely on the excessive postage and phone calls then how is outlet going to make any money if it offers fair postage and no call costs?

Hi Haribo. The problem for other channels starting out is the overheads. For example, building a studio, creating a call centre, renting a warehouse etc etc....we have eliminated many of these costs. As we already operate high street stores we already have a warehouse, already have a 50 seat call centre and have been able to create a studio within our head office. Huge savings that will help drive our costs down.

There are still many people who enjoy the interaction of shopping telly (I know I do), so with the right products and no gemstone globes I'm hoping we can create something that will be around for a long time.

Regards,
Ross @ The Outlet Channel

Latest posts

Back