A live sweary moment earlier today...had to feel sorry for the lass !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Goodluckifyageddit

Registered Shopper
Just happened to catch this today as I had Gems on in the background (my new background burble of choice since the demise of Bid and Price Drop). Around lunchtime the presenter discovered a mistake in one of the on-screen descriptions...the item had been sold on four previous occasions under this erroneous description, resulting in those who had bought getting a much better deal than they anticipated. I switched on in the middle of all this, with a producer and a blonde-haired assistant (?) in discussion on screen with the presenter about what to do as they were in the middle of a clearance hour.

The blonde girl obviously thought they were on a break as she piped up "Yeah, those (gems) are as rare as rocking horse ****" Presenter looked aghast and said "Did you just say those are as rare as rocking horse poo live on air?". Cue the blonde girl burying her face in her hands and mumbling that she thought they were on a break !

I love live TV shopping channels !

Last edited:
Even Queen JR from QVC is guilty of live on air swearing. Once picking up a saucepan handle on an old stint with Paul Lavers 'In the kitchen with Paul' live on QVC in the 90's not realising the handle was hot, JR said live "S**t !! thats hot!!" as she threw down the pan rather quickly Paul's face was a picture.

Just happened to catch this today as I had Gems on in the background (my new background burble of choice since the demise of Bid and Price Drop). Around lunchtime the presenter discovered a mistake in one of the on-screen descriptions...the item had been sold on four previous occasions under this erroneous description, resulting in those who had bought getting a much better deal than they anticipated. I switched on in the middle of all this, with a producer and a blonde-haired assistant (?) in discussion on screen with the presenter about what to do as they were in the middle of a clearance hour.

The blonde girl obviously thought they were on a break as she piped up "Yeah, those (gems) are as rare as rocking horse ****" Presenter looked aghast and said "Did you just say those are as rare as rocking horse poo live on air?". Cue the blonde girl burying her face in her hands and mumbling that she thought they were on a break !

Tis mine too :mysmilie_59:

I catch bits at lunch time and early evening but I've never witnessed such a great moment as yet lol

Rocking Horse S**

Hi, Not been on here for a few years, so hello to everyone especially those who know or remember me :)

I had to laugh at the rocking horse sh** statement, it was made while being oblivious to being live on air by (Blonde Lady) who is Company Co. Owner Sarah Bennett to Angeline Davies to say the bracelet being sold as just garnet on the graphics, was in fact colour change garnet and previous buyers had got a bargain!..Sarah was mortified she was heard by us all ;-)

Mirabelle x

Latest posts

Back