Ideal World, now breaking the law !, also DSR's are enhanched

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

deanos

Registered Shopper
Thats right folks, its now illegal to charge premium rates for customer service calls, Ideal World are charging 10ppm , just checked Gems TV they are same, possibly others

http://www.idealworld.tv/Contact_Us.aspx

Capping post-contract phone helpline costs so callers pay no more than the standard rate of geographic numbers, eg, 01, 02, 03. So premium rate numbers for queries on something you've bought, are now not allowed.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ne...-boosted?_ga=1.250153359.804473948.1363307502

Funnily enough, just this week I had to contact IW about a refund/replacement, unfortunately I had mislaid the returns label in the box. I decided that it was not really fair to charge 10p per minute when it's their product at fault, I searched the say no to 0870 site and found the above number - You try ringing it though - it doesn't get answered, there's a recorded message on that line to tell you that all the operators are busy and to try again later - I quickly rang the extortionate line and "Bingo" - answered immediately and whilst I didn't hang on long, I realised that they spent at least two minutes talking you through various "options" before you got to the crux of the call - disgraceful! I emailed them instead and got it sorted that way.

Ideal World, now breaking the law !, also DSR's are enhanched

Just what you can expect from the IW unprofessional shysters!

Had a reply, tut tut !

Dear Mr Deanos,

Thank you for your recent email dated 17/06/14.

I can understand your concern.

The contact number which you required is

Orderlines:

Ideal World – 08717 123 456*
Create and Craft – 08717 123 300*

Websites:

www.idealworld.tv
www.createandcraft.tv

Calls cost 10p per minute from BT landlines, other networks and mobiles may cost more.Should you have any further questions in relation to your query please respond to this email quoting Ref: SA1477636X. Alternatively you can contact our Customer Service Department via telephone on 08717 123 456.

Yours Sincerely,

Sunidhi Joshi

Ideal Shopping
Customer Service Department

Oh dear. "I understand your concerns" Really? It doesn't look like it does it? How pathetic and ridiculous. What are you going to do now, Deano?

i replied :)

Thanks for the reply, the law was changed recently, making it now illegal to charge more than a standard rate call to contact customer services, as you are charging 10pence per minute this is more than a standard call.

Can you please provide a normal standard rate number to contact customer services.

I will draw your attention to this part of the bill

“Help-line charges: Any help-line allowing consumers to contact the trader in relation to a contract the consumer has entered into with the trader must not be charged in excess of the basic rate. This provision applies to all types of sales contracts.”

http://www.twobirds.com/en/news/art...es-to-consumer-rights-legislation#key changes

Thanks,mr deanos

Had a response

Dear Mr Deanos

Thank you for your recent email dated 19/06/14.

After looking into this and awaiting a response from our head office I would like to inform you that the legislation came into effect on the 13/06/14 however company's have been given leeway to enable them to set up the required systems. The new line will be going live sometime this week and if you check our website you will be able to see be kept up to date.

Should you have any further questions in relation to your query please respond to this email quoting Ref: SA14. Alternatively you can contact our Customer Service Department via telephone on 08717 123 456*.

Yours Sincerely,

Peter Mepham

Ideal Shopping
Customer Service Department

*Calls cost 10p per minute plus network extras

Peter Mepham needs to learn to spell or get his correspondence proofread before he sends it. It looks so unprofessional to have such a glaring error.

The plural of company is companies not company's, Mr Mepham.

I just telephoned IW regarding a dispute I have over a purchase and non-collection of faulty item using the 01733 316200. Got through to reception who then put me through to the department and I actually spoke to a chappy called Mark who hopefully will find out some information for me. ~WhooHoo result~ after several days of e-mails to no avail. However, I would add that it might be down to the courier's non-collection and not IW. We shall see.

Thought I would add to this post - Mark phoned me back and the courier have not processed the request. Has been arranged for 7th July - Monday. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
0330 3321300

fair play new number now on website :)

I am in dispute over a Duvet of all things.

I ordered a super king and was sent a king, so had to await a replacement, used it for 6 weeks, fluffing up each time, then noticed a number of pockets had little or no feathers in, sent email saying it wasn't fit for purpose. They said it would either be a repair or replacement, followed by another email stating they agreed it was faulty and a replacement would be sent.

The replacement arrived some 10 days after that email and they'd sent a king size again, not super king...furious I rang the 01733 number and got through and explained the wrong size and considering I had been without a Duvet since 10 June, I had a right to refuse the replacement, because it would be another 10 days or so, no doubt waiting for the Duvet to reach their Warehouse before they despatched the next replacement.

Not hearing anything again I sent an email, with a copy of Hermes collection label and received 2 emails yesterday...not received in warehouse yet and a claims request, both stating that I may get a refund or replacement!!!

Both emails are still showing the 08717 CS number, so no change there then!

Said it before, but will say it again...Will never ever shop with this channel again :mysmilie_51:

Latest posts

Back