Oh dear bid-up is back :(

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

cheesecake

Registered Shopper
Oh good lord :( here we have for you the return of the bid-up, including Mike Mason aka barrow boy, hawking with the clock, "don't feel pressured with a clock on the screen, its my producers way of saying, hey mike, we have to move on", the hammer, and even the close up shot of the hammer twisting in his hand, the old "naaah, I can't go lower than the last item can I" (including disbelief face), "there's looooads of people on the phones", "don't hang about" and "everyone pays the lowest price". The siren is back when the price is reduced, "phone lines are lighting up" "if you're not completely satisfied with it, get it back to me within 14 days"..........

hey, Ideal world, here's an idea, get some actual new products?!?!?! You really dont need bid-up, force tactics, games, people will buy from you if they have a choice of products, competetively priced. Let me show you, if I went into a shop, and it sold 18 products, I may go back to see if they had changed, but if every sodding week, every month, the shop only sells the same 18 products, just 'on sale' (but at the same price as always) or 'in mayhem hours' (but at the same price as always) then you know what, I'm going to stop going into that shop.

If I cared to waste my time, I could happily most likely name 95% of your entire stock, and it wouldn't take me long, lots of other forum members could do the same. I have to genuinely laugh out loud when the QVC forum peeps complain that the same 'range' gets 2 or 3 tsv's a month, LOL at Ideal we get the same ITEM every week as a POTD.

Still, lets hope this 'under the hammer' takes off, that will finally make Ideal World watchable again, you know, as car crash tv :)

Seems IW are slowly but surely turning into Bid, I even saw Charlie on the repeat IW channel. They've got Walther Glas and bounce back pillows which Bid regularly sold :wink:

It was amazing, it was like watching bid again.

Felt strange.... like weaning yourself off of a drug that was obsolete, to then find it is available again but under a different name.

It was amazing, it was like watching bid again.

Felt strange.... like weaning yourself off of a drug that was obsolete, to then find it is available again but under a different name.

Watching "That" presenter frightened me!! I had to turn over, flash backs and all that -

Thankfully I didn't see this on Ideal World, but a quick search on twitter and it would seem the official IdealWorldTV account was very happy to brag about the new format...

BrdAwvaCUAAE0zw.png

BrdAksUCcAAiUm-.png

Brc_CnUCAAAcEDB.png

Each tweet started with the text PRICE DROP ALERT

In my opinion, this is most likely a "pressure selling" technique to push the buyer into making quick decisions without thinking it through or having the time to price compare elsewhere, so Ideal World should perhaps look at the new European Distant Selling Regulations a bit closer! Also, I think that new telephone number is probably also a breach of rules! 5p per minute PLUS NETWORK EXTRAS - that needs to be explained.

If IW are copying Bid tactics then surely they are on the rocks? I think this will sink them. Stupid people!

Also, I think that new telephone number is probably also a breach of rules! 5p per minute PLUS NETWORK EXTRAS - that needs to be explained.

they can charge what they like, however customer service call costs have to be a normal rate number starting 01/03

If IW are copying Bid tactics then surely they are on the rocks? I think this will sink them. Stupid people!
Ideal World needs new products as a matter of urgency, because surely they're now running out of customers for the fitness vibration plate, steam cleaner, jet washer, fold-up hose, tan accelerator and car cleaning products that appear nearly every time I'm watching?

IW going down the Bid route is very likely to be dangerous for them; this isn't ten years ago when internet shopping wasn't as popular. At least on the bright side this could now provide a good source of car crash television, filling the void left by Bid and Price-drop's departure :mysmilie_59:

Ideal World, you cannot do a price drop format without any indication of the level of stock you have! I think you will
find that is probably a legal requirement now! This "we only have a handful of these left now" isn't a legal get out. Just saying! Also, you cannot buy on the website!

Which ever way you look at it, this is pressure selling making people make quick decisions. I know there is a 14 day money back thing in place, but that excludes the P&P and I suspect Ideal World probably aren't the easiest of companies to deal with for refunds. The customer feedback on twitter etc speaks for itself really.

On a positive, I am sure this is breaking away from the usual 14 or so products Ideal World sell on loop.

Correct me if I am wrong, but IW seem to be selling more air time these days to businesses like the cruise company, that window blind company and betta living etc. Could this price drop format be the work of a third party that has bought the time which is why there is a different phone number? That would explain why the products are not on the website.

Ideal World, you cannot do a price drop format without any indication of the level of stock you have! I think you will
find that is probably a legal requirement now!

Is it? Have you got a link to anything stating that? I've not been able to find anything.

In comes another.........ex Bid model Sarah :mysmilie_480:

To add to the belief that this company seems to be morphing more and more into Bid TV, Charlie Charleston turned up today in some 'expert' role in a show that Lee Clark was presenting first thing.

oh no not cheerful charlie charleston as a tradesman my self he makes me cringe and laugh at the same time.

Tonight on ideal world:
At 7pm last chance ( hardly) some smartphone we never heard off. Then we have at 8 pm vibrapower fitness disc then ceramic pans as pick of the day then at 10 pm xhose special, just the same old schedule from ideal world no need to watch it.

Now they have the ex Bid fitness guy John who is everso pleased he looks good for 50 something due to his keep fit regime

I don't think for a minute he would really work out with two giant green thread spools on his feet with a couple of bands attached though

Latest posts

Back