Bissell Vac and Steam - Brilliant Product

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bubblydolphin

Registered Shopper
I recently bought this machine from IW, used it once great, and on the second, bang blew the electrics. Would suggest a faulty machine but no IW said it could have been "the straw that broke the camel's back" by overloading the system. My normal vac doesn't blow the electrics. In total from 21st June 2014 I have sent over 20 e-mails regarding this faulty machine. As this product is under guarantee (2 yrs) I originally asked for a new replacement. Has to be collected, assessed by the department to see if it can be repaired and then possibly 28 days later I will get it back or a new one. Not happy. So, as it is a bulky item, collection arranged for 30th June by courier, no show!!!!:mysmilie_51: Found a landline number and phoned. Collection arranged for 7th July by courier, again no show!!!!:mysmilie_51::mysmilie_51::mysmilie_51:

A further e-mail has been sent to see what excuse they come up with.

IW keep telling me that as it is outside of the 14 days money back guarantee I cannot have the machine replaced until they have done the necessary checks. I am almost sure that under the consumer protection act, that it is my statutory right to have a refund or a brand new replacement. IW do not thinkk so.

In desperation I have contacted Bissell Customer Service direct and have received a totally different attitude and will be dealing with them direct.

I needed to rant to get it off my chest and to say that I think that IW need to get their act together otherwise they will go the same way as other TV Shopping Channels,

I had a similar problem with a Cuisinart oven which was faulty after a week, I spoke with IW who wanted to collect & check it out etc so told them to forget it got in touch with Cuisinart who within a week had collected the faulty one and replaced it at the same time with a new one. Excellent customer service and IW need to sort out their CS such as it is.

Bissell

I had a similar problem with a Cuisinart oven which was faulty after a week, I spoke with IW who wanted to collect & check it out etc so told them to forget it got in touch with Cuisinart who within a week had collected the faulty one and replaced it at the same time with a new one. Excellent customer service and IW need to sort out their CS such as it is.

So they did not even honour the 14 day money back guarantee then??

I have spent 3 wks trying to sort this out. The product was finally collected yesterday by Hermes (although IW customer service person said would be Sat). E-mail received this a.m. says sorry for inconvenience but product will be collected on 16th July.

They still insist that as the 14 day money back guarantee has passed they will repair. I have checked and under the Consumer Rights Act and Sale of Goods Act I am entitled to Repair, Replacement of Refund.

Because of all the hassle I have had I have requested a refund but IW still say will repair if possible.

I am so fed up with it now that I cannot be bothered to respond to e-mails that come from a different person each time. The lady that I spoke to asked me to respond to her e-mail asap, which I did, and all I got was an acknowledgement saying that it would be dealt with.

Am I right in assuming that the call centre is still in India? and if so, is this the reason it takes sooooo long to get a response. I thought e-mail was instant.

Oh well another rant over. i wait with baited breath:mysmilie_17:

They wanted to collect it have a look and then would replace it but I wasn't prepared to wait a month for them to sort it as it was going to be a least a week before it would be collected, I said for the amount I paid and the fact I had only just received it they should do a swap but they wouldn't but Cuisinart did just that without even having to ask, as soon as I told them what had happened they said they would collect it back and deliver a new one at the same time.

I refuse to use the call centre they are a complete waste of time IMO. The few times I have used the call centre they have stock answers and don't have a clue. I now phone the uk number and the difference is chalk and cheese they are a lot easier to talk to and so far have sorted out any problems I have had.

Good luck with getting it sorted.

I too have used the UK (normal rate)phone number and although they have been very helpful, as I couldn't take her phone call she e-mailed me with collection details, I respond straight away. Well, guess what, an acknowledgement was received, to which I have received a reply today, oh and they have arranged another collection for the 16th July. What's that all about. As the e-mails are answered by the call centre (in India) no one person answers the same query.

I have made many purchases from IW over the past few years and have only on one other occasion had to return a product because of a fault. The guarantee had 3 wks to go and eventually, as they had no stock, my money was refunded.

I am now about to respond to this a.m. e-mail. Thanks for the good wishes.

Update -no collection on 7th July re-arranged for 10th, not booked, collecting on 12th, came on the 11th. Hooray IW now have faulty item, I think. 14th July Monday courier arrives to collect item already collected on Friday. Wednesday 16th courier arrives to collect item already collected on Friday. Today Thursday 17th no courier, hooray.

E-mail from IW today stating change in order status. REFUNDING PURCHASE PRICE OF ITEM. :mysmilie_14::mysmilie_59::mysmilie_15:

Latest posts

Back