Uh Oh! Tom Tom No No!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Swankypants

Registered Shopper
Just a word of warning to anyone buying a Tom Tom.

I wanted an upgrade so went for the Tom Tom Go 600 on Ideal World, it looked great and appeared to be just what I wanted. Ideal World did have a good price, ordering was relatively easy and was delivered speedily.

The unit itself is beautiful and the 6" screen wonderful so I was very pleased with myself. This is until I noticed that the maps looked a little basic and didn't show any Points Of Interest [POI]. I thought I had set it up wrong but after trawling through the Tom Tom web forums I found that Tom Tom don't include this anymore. To me [and a lot of others] this is a major flaw. You can search for POI's but have to know what you want eg, a theatre, then you plan a route there, otherwise the maps don't show you when you are passing a point of interest. Lifetime maps aren't much consolation when they are a bit poo.

I am in two minds as to whether to send it back, I only have 7 days of my 14 left. Do I hope Tom Tom rectify this in an update [It is a beautiful gadget] It isn't Ideal World's fault but the way it was sold didn't quite mention this fact. So I am telling you!

I believe this could apply to Tom Toms on all channels and all models.

do you need to see poi's when you drive past them as you can see them out of your window :mysmilie_14:

but seriously the go series generally get very mixed reviews, i know they keep updating it, but loads of complaints as they have taken away many features compared to the older ones

POI's tend to be by the side of the car and I need to keep looking forward!

I took my original Tom Tom to Canada [with the right map of course] and it pointed out no end of wonderful sights we would have otherwise missed [especially along the Niagara Escarpment].

Latest posts

Back