Blue magic is it 2019?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

freedom99

Registered Shopper
Well not posted here for a while been coming over for a nosey a bit recently.

I was watching the blue magic cleaning show mostly because I couldn't decided if to go craft or go to bed really early. Anyway the lady for demoing spray stuff on stains on clothes and carpet all very impressive but I'm 45 and been a house wife since I was 18 the money I've wasted on this kind of stuff is unreal, why does it never work you get it home?

Anyway she moved on to polish and had some silver and began polishing a tray, Denice joined in and the woman said honestly this is real dirt it's not been faked for the show I wouldn't lie to you. so Denice asked how long has it been since it was polished she said oh about 8 years! Really because once it was nice and shiny it was engraved with 2011!!! That's 3 years ago ummm something not adding up there then me thinks.

Oh and it's a lovely blue colour with the consistency of face cream if this helps you make up your mind.
I've made up mine.lol

like you i've not been on here for a while. what i've noticed over the years is they tend NOT to show you a product, whether it be a liquid on its own or a machine+liquid e.g. bissell, removing stains that are well and truly dried in. i suppose there's an argument that you'd clean a stain almost straight away anyway, but i do wonder how some of these products work in real life i.e. not telly situations. we used to talk about 'tv dirt' not sure if it's myth or truth but i know which i believe ;)

A long time ago we bought some Bosun carpet cleaner I believe it was. David Ades was busy pointing out it would remove stains which were years old etc etc, bleet bleet.
Anyway, bought it really genuinely expecting it to work, had the applicator if anyone remembers, and we did half the carpet and it looked completely the same! In the end we tried the stuff neat, and even then it made just the slightest difference. Like you say, tv dirt, cough soysauce, cough :p

Oh btw, I do know now, from having a photographer partner, that some of the before and after shots deffinately have different lighting. When we are watching together, he will sit there and point out the differences, right down to where the lights are being placed etc. Very handy :p

Never trust the cleaning demos - the fact is if you pour anything on carpet and then immediately put some soapy water on it and clean it the vast majority will come out.

I saw a Bissel demo badly backfire on Ideal World once when the presenter decided to see if she could get the stains off just with a paper towel before the demo - turns out she could. Cue the awkwardness as she desperately tried to backtrack "Now, I've done a good job there with just the paper towel. But will you get those results at home?".

plus the fact some materials look 'cleaner' when they're wet. so they clean a section of blue carpet and it goes from a faded dirty blue to 'clean' deep blue ... but you're not seeing it once it fully dries. i'm not saying it won't be cleaner, you only have to see the muck that fills a bissell if they clean a part of the office floor, but it might not be quite as clean as you think once it fully dries.

They were demoing the H20 steamer on QVC a couple of days ago, showing the germs on a toilet seat with a UV lamp. It appeared to be very germy. I did wonder where they got the germs from.

They were claiming that the Blue Magic diluted to make 100 bottles of cleaner. They then demo'd and nearly every cleaning job required a stronger solution than that (often 3x measure). No way would you get 100 bottles worth in the real world - they couldn't even do it in the studio.

I'm sure it was first aired on one of the Sit Up channels ............. and yes, I bought it. :blush: I'll admit that I've never created a mess/stains like they had, in the studio, to clean up, but the Blue Magic didn't have a dramatic effect on the things I did use it on. Still ......... it's a nice colour. :wink:

Is this the same david ades thats now a handyman: www.diydavehandyman.co.uk

Whatever happened to his numerous businesses, imported chinese rubbish with bosun logos on...... and all his videos have vanished from the internet....

He was such a source of continual amusement....

Great thread btw - I'm the same, over the years have spend £££'s on these miracle cleaners, however a couple of the things I bought actually did work and both believe it or not from channel 661 or 666 as we used to call it! EGR (elbow grease remover) cleaner was amazing and another one I bought from them which I can't remember the name was pretty good too. The latter whilst in a bottle not a jar was of a really thick consistency and worked a treat on wooden furniture and metal and worked a treat on tarnished jewellery (only downside is that it stunk of petrol!), the EGR was really good at removing stains from clothing, carpets etc but could be used as an all purpose cleaner too, but of course you can no longer get either product.

Tried the No wet wonder foam - I was left wondering wtf it actually did and why the hell I wasted my money on it, Blue Magic - another mediocre cleaning product, another one that was green and contained banana extract - pretty useless, one with orange oil - same, oh and another set called "say goodbye to" or summat like that, the glass cleaner was pretty good (then so's windowlene tbh) but the other stuff again didn't do what it said on the bottle! Remember spending over the odds on some of the Astonish stuff only to find the results were astonishingly average, and available in the pound shop lol!!!!

To be fair I don't think I've ever been that impressed with anything like that I've bought on the high street on the back of a tv ad either, Oxyclean, Cillit Bang (sorry Barry) Mr Muscle in it's various guises!

This thread inspired me to have a quick browse on the web and I found this from me, from this very site from 2009!

07-01-2009, 06:36 PM
I don't know why he keeps harping on about no wet wonder carp...that's a sub mediocre product, when his EGR cleaner is the dog's boll***s!!!!!! I have got quite a few bottles left as you got six bottles in a set, and it's amazing on stain removing on fabric, upholstery, clothing, hard surfaces. You've only got to test it on a curry stain on the work surface against a regular household cleaner, and you can see it getting to work immediately, it literally "eats" the stain! wheras with other products I've tried, you just get a lighter stain!
Funnily enough OH managed to spill half a bottle of red wine on the carpet, which is light blue, I poured a bottle of EGR neat on top of the wine and wiped it off with a few kitchen towels.....stain...what stain? Honest...so if he's selling that on IW, I'm all for it!!!!!

I've always thought that much of the burnt-on grime on oven dishes etc is just dried-on brown sauce, which comes off easily anyway. Any other suggestions for their grime?

It's the same with QVCs H20 steam cleaner demo, when the water hits the "dried on dirt" it literally melts or should I say dissolves, but the best part is, when the water trickles over to the part that hasn't been steamed that dissolves too. Moral of the story, it's that good even cold water would remove dried on dirt so don't waste your money on an H20.

No way are any of those demos cleaning ground in and burnt on grease. ....Things that take weeks or months to build up. I just don't believe it.

Latest posts

Back