Fed Up - Advice please!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Diane

Registered Shopper
I need a new hover.

I have 4, but only 1 works properly. I've just ordered the TSV from QVC thinking the Samsung looked perfect - however it is so dam heavy - 17Lbs (and I'm no lightweight!) even though it cleans nicely. I need an upright as I have a bad back. I don't want bags as my Oreck has (no onboard tools) and it stinks due to our 2 German Shepherds - so it must be bagless. We have a big family so plenty of mess. I've got a Morphy Richards, which is good but the bin is so small I have to empty it after each room and if I don't, I have a real fight to get the hairs out - and yes I do hover most days.

We also have a small grandchild living with us, who is almost ready to crawl. There must be something available?????? To be honest I will pay whatever it costs for the right one. I did think getting an Oreck would solve all my problems but even that's playing up now and the smell is horrible.

Any help would be great thanks!

Get an Air Ram from G-Tech.

I agree. I also have an Oreck, but bought the Air Ram when it was first aired as a TSV on QVC. The Oreck hasn't left the cupboard since the Air Ram arrived. I can't fault it with regards to the job it does and it's also lightweight.

The air ram is great but it has a VERY SMALL dust container and with 3 small dogs I have to empty it at least between rooms and on a bad day more then that, it also has no tools so I am still dragging my old Vax out to do in the corners and around furniture where the dog hair collects.
I think the person who developes a TRULY efficient vacuum that come's with on board tools a large bagless cylinder and it pick up pet hairs on the first pass will make their fortune.
I have had an Oreck the motor burnt out just after the gaurentee ran out , a Gary an Oreck "rip off" it lasted longer then the Oreck but not much several Dysons and numerous others who have passed from my memory bank they where so poor.
So I am going to join you in the search for the "holy grail" of vacuums, let me know what you discover on your serch.

My mother bought the air ram when it was a tsv as she lives alone without any animals. I've just returned it to QVC as the charge only lasts 15-20 mins. As you say the dust collector is a no no and the mess when it's emptied. Hopeless for me with a long haired shepherd. My oreck works when I push it forward but stops when I bring it back..so am guessing there's a short circuit somewhere. I've had dysons too but I think they are over priced and have had 2 clutches go on them. Ok well I shall keep looking. I did see a fax in the Argos book so will investigate further.

Vax's are pretty good so far in my limited experience with them. Can't fault Henry's though they're a bit of a lump to move around and guaranteed to break anything in its path. If it can't it will go over it ;-)

BTW, VAX are doing a sale on a few products till Monday 8th Sept 5pm. Its http://www.vaxsale.co.uk/login/ and enter VAXSALE14. You might find something there at a decent price.

I have never used an upright myself but we have had a cylinder Sebo for quite a few years and found it very good, better than any others in 43 years. I know they do an upright but don't know about weight or bags but generally for a brand it is in my top 10.

Ive used an upright Sebo, nice and sturdy but they ahve bags and with the dogs, they smell horrible. I will check to see of they do any bagless ones tho.

I have four very, very hairy dogs ( as you can probably tell from my avatar)
I bought a Dyson, absolutely useless, so I gave it away & got one of these...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B005MXNU8Y/?tag=shoppingcom03-21. brilliant!!!

I also own & love a Henry that lives upstairs to do the landings, bedrooms & stairs. He's a bit heavy but that's the only thing you can say against him to be honest.

I bought a vax last year, useless for using anything other than floors, the turbo tool only worked properly on first use. Needs emptying to often and upsets my asthma. Have gone back to a Henry.First one lasted 10+ years.

Latest posts

Back