Surely it’s against the sale of goods act?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nutsville

Registered Shopper
Back in July I brought the My Craft Studio starter kit with volume 3 of the magazine. I also recorded the shows. When it arrived there were only 2 metal tips, yet on all the shows each of the presenters had 6 tips showing and said that there were 6 tips. Most of them also checked upstairs with the producer that 6 were correct and then stated that it was great value.

Since then the conversations have been going backwards and forwards between Create n Craft and myself. This also including me telling them which shows and at what time during each show that it was mentioned. Well the final answer has come in that “the presenters got confused and the suppliers have confirmed that there were only 2 metal tips”.

So am I wrong that this is against the sale of goods act as goods were promised but not delivered? Also what next? Do I put this on the MCS Facebook page? Should I pursue this or not?

What does everyone suggest as I need help please.

If they advertised 6 and you got two then you can send it back for a full refund. They must also refund your initial postage cost and the cost of the return.

Thanks for the reply but I don't want to send it back. Over the last 6 weeks it's been all about getting what I thought I was getting not returning what I wanted to use.

If you don't want to return it, what outcome are you hoping for? Do you want them to conjure up another 4 tips or do you want a reduction in price or a letter of apology?

Thanks for the reply but I don't want to send it back. Over the last 6 weeks it's been all about getting what I thought I was getting not returning what I wanted to use.

Not how it works - if an advert is wrong then it was a mistake and they will refund you but you can't expect them to send what you weren't meant to get in the first place.

Not how it works - if an advert is wrong then it was a mistake and they will refund you but you can't expect them to send what you weren't meant to get in the first place.

I wouldn't have been so bothered if it was an advert where the mistake was, but this was repeated over 6 live hours all stating the same that the starter kit contained 6 metal tips. I honestly thought that if something was promised numerous times then it should be included.

Latest posts

Back