Thorntons

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
The Q is offering a set of four boxes of special toffee, for £21.00 + £3.95 postage. The thorntons website is selling individual boxes of fudge/toffee for £5.00, or 3 @ £12! Why people still buy this chocolate range from the Q is beyond me, even when the website doesn't have such good offers. I suppose they could use the 30 day mbg - after trying them, then deciding they don't like them after all!

I know it is ridiculous! Especially the treat bags which with postage were around £3 each, but they are two for £5 direct, and then you get your own choice rather than the QVC selection.

I had a little look on the Thorntons website and then managed to get two big gift sets for half price and used a 20% off code too - bargain! Plus, delivery for £1 :mysmilie_14:

The code is TWBX and is valid for two more days if anyone is thinking about a purchase.

Someone very kindly bought me some expensive Californian chocolate recently which I consumed and quite enjoyed. Bought some cheap tesco plain chocolate as it was cheaper than the cooking chocolate. Have started eating it as on antibiotics and not allowed any alcohol for 7 days so consoling myself with chocolate. It is pretty good and it was cheap, can't really tell the difference between it and the expensive present.

The Q is offering a set of four boxes of special toffee, for £21.00 + £3.95 postage. The thorntons website is selling individual boxes of fudge/toffee for £5.00, or 3 @ £12! Why people still buy this chocolate range from the Q is beyond me, even when the website doesn't have such good offers. I suppose they could use the 30 day mbg - after trying them, then deciding they don't like them after all!
QVC should limit Thorntons range to sweet shop confectionery if it can match or better the Thorntons website, as this is the best product range it creates. QVC really shouldn't sell the chocolates as they are poor quality - Thorntons loads the sugar and skimps on the cocoa content, which is much cheaper to produce.

Given the vast choice of very good chocolate available in the UK these days, it is bizarre that QVC still promotes Thorntons chocolates as a luxury product. Perhaps this was the public perception in the 70s and 80s but times have moved on and QVC needs to get out of a time warp?

Selling food on shopping telly is very difficult as the supermarkets and local producers offer much better value for money. The Aldi and Lidl premium chocolate ranges next to Thorntons are like comparing Godiva/Rococco etc to Hersheys and beat Thorntons/QVC hands down on price.

Have started eating it as on antibiotics and not allowed any alcohol for 7 days so consoling myself with chocolate.

You can have alcohol if you are on some antibiotics -
http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/871.aspx?CategoryID=73

But never EVER have alcohol if you are on metronidazole!! It does warn you about nausea, but what it really means is 'violently sick' and I really mean 'violently'...:puke:

Latest posts

Back