5 Things You Don't Know About My Shopping TV habits

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

thatu

Guest Shopper
From our resident genius, DBF's blog:

Someone asked her to post 5 things nobody knows about her, so what secrets do we hide about our shopping from QVC?

1. My first Kipling bag was from QVC. All the rest have been from ebay or amazon.
2. My only regular purchase is 20 sachets of Easiyo Greek low fat yogurt.
3. I've dropped a dress size thanks to sensible eating and the Bodyblade. More to go!
4. I can't fit into any pair of Diane Gilman jeans to date.
5. I've never bought food of any sort from QVC.

Ummm isnt Easiyo Classed as food :mysmilie_506:.... or is she saying she can get it cheaper elsewhere even after her staff discount lol

I was thinking along the lines of chocolates, fudge, pies, meat etc so ... oopsie!!! and well spotted, autumn.

Lol I think easiyo is a food exception! I have bought quite a lot of it but no other food item from QVC. Here's my list.

1. I also bought my first Kipling from QVC but apart from my most recent one all of my other kipling bags are from Amazon. My most recent one is exclusive to Q I think-Marie Francoise?

2. I have returned the vast majority of jewellery purchases from Q, save for one or two pieces of eek.

3. I cancel 80% of my orders online within a few minutes.

4. Even a Q brand I really love (Mally) I still return the items I don't like or wont use. I am not a slave to the brands I like.

5. I have not bought a Kim & Co dress for over 2 years now (I own 5). I did buy a top a year ago. I have spent £90 plus on a Yong Kim top though (plus a similar style that was in clearance the season before). But I wear them at least twice a week so reckon I get my moneys worth (plus I have a very limited wardrobe!)

6. I just don't "get" laura geller make up! I buy it, but always return. When will I learn? Lol. (Save for a split pan blush/tahitian glow which I love using).

7. Yankee Candles is a regular purchase but well controlled! I only have 8 large jars, a few tarts and votives plus a couple of boxes of tealights. I will only buy if I fancy all of the fragrances in the set. For my limited use I tend to buy from Q rather than elsewhere as I find the value better even with postage as long as they have what I want in the set.

8. I have 3 pairs of Diane Gilman jeans and love them.

9. I own Richard Jackson Flower power but keep forgetting to use it.

10. I still don't own my bendy hosepipe. But I really want that hosepipe! Maybe next spring.

Okay, here goes:-

QVC introduced me to Liz Earle, but I only buy it direct now and have now for over 3 years I think

I've never bought food from Q

My only repeat purchase from Q is the AD Skin Synergy Oil duo because they are genuinely the cheapest I could find. (Worryingly though, they don't have the duo listed anymore).

I bought a set of Northern Nights 300 TC sheets & pillowcases about 8 years ago and they are still going strong, but it's the only NN thing I've ever bought.

I never use EP.

I tend to switch Q on every night at 8.58pm just to see the Bargain Hunter, but I don't think I've ever bought one.

I would buy a hell of a lot more if they would combine postage charges (or at least charge a realistic amount).

I quite enjoy the Christmas in July shows (runs and hides).

If a TSV sells out I get excited about the OTO's for the rest of the day.

Mine are:

My blood pressure tablets are put to good use each and every time I watch the screaming woman so I feel I'm getting full value from the NHS

I am not a member of Mensa but I know a blagger when I see one

I never watch beauty shows which now means I hardly ever watch as that seems to make up 80% of output

I have no wish to have furry catipilars sitting over my eyes

I know that one size fits all unless you are a small like Julia

I know a size 16 in all Q clothes will fit up to a 60 chest - well it does for Joy

1. I get far too excited about TSV, OTO & Bargain Hunter prices.
2. I have never (apart from on one occasion) bought a product that was once at a TSV price.
3. I would buy a hell of a lot more from QVC if they did a 'daily postage rate', free postage or any other deal that means it isn't as much of a rip off.
4. I never buy anything on EZ pay.
5. I hardly ever watch QVC these days, in fact if I want to see a product being presented, I tend to watch it online.

Easiyo aside, I too have never bought food.

I no longer use easy pays, they're just not worth the faff. I'd rather get it all out the way.

I don't buy much from Q anymore but have bought an insane amount before.

I buy shoes from Q but not clothes since the clothes are largely terrible. It's great to be able to try shoes properly though, I need to wear them out to see if they'll hurt my feet. I've wasted so much money buying shoes elsewhere because they felt fine in the shop, but when I wear them out properly they're awful and rub half the skin off my feet. I discovered Birkenstock and Emu via Q and absolutely love them, they're among the few brands I find comfortable.

I don't buy much beauty anymore because not much is suitable for my skin, but I love just watching the shows and find them very relaxing. I particularly like listening to Keeley and find her voice calming, although most of what she actually says is twaddle.

1. I cancel 90% of my orders within half hour and then get miffed about having to wait days for the money to be cleared back in my bank account. They don't 'take it' from my account but they have 'earmarked it' so it can't be drawn from the account til the bank realises it isn't being claimed. So annoying.

2. I ALWAYS cancel advanced orders long before the date they are due.

3. I have never bought clothes, bags, jewellery, or food from QVC.

4. I watch QVC to see what I want to buy, then get it on EBay or Amazon. Eg, those three remote candles for around twenty quid with postage today...I found identical ones (even same remote) on Ebay for £6.99. I also have three pairs of Emus, all from EBay, all checked out and genuine, for about fifty pounds each pair. Alba were best bargain last winter for £45, when £160 on QVC.

5. My favourite shows are the more rare ones, like Feng Shui, Flora Mare, Art shows, Penhaligons, Biba, and others.

Loll what a fab thread Tatu :mysmilie_59:

1. I bought my first Kipling from Qvc too ...denim blue breezer ! ...( I buy from others now too ..Amazon and Getmethatbag
Etc....;0)

2. Don't buy food items at all ..(.but I sit and drool at Thornton hours)

3. I like watching sometimes so that I can have a good whinge ....( about presenters ...items ect ..know harm meant though )

4.i mainly watch handbag hours...christmas hours when Christmas is very close.

5. I love it when everything goes wrong and will stay watching even if a boring product .:mysmilie_5::mysmilie_848::mysmilie_492:

I never ever buy Beauty products.
I never watch household stuff, cleaning bores me.
I hate Charlie's reveal but like gold jewellery shows. I admit to buying 1- Uri Gellar ring a long time ago & I love it.
I'm a sucker for high threads counts but rarely buy anymore.
I do not own a Kipling nylon or canvas bag. I don't want a monkey hanging off my bag.

Latest posts

Back