Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
Kuhn Rikon 1.5L Ultimate Multi Pot with Colander Lid

QVC Price: £22.00

Today's Special Value Price :£17.76

P&P: £4.95
802970.jpg
http://www.qvcuk.com/Kuhn-Rikon-1.5...ml?sc=NVSTNW&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-46-_-802970

Kuhn Rikon multi pot. This non stick coated, carbon steel pot is suitable for use on your hob's smallest burner or ring and features silicone covered handles, a pouring spout and a handy strainer basket. An easy and convenient way to cook up delicious dinners, soups, sauces and more, this fantastic pot will happily be at home in your kitchen.

Suitable for all hobs including induction
Capacity: 1.5 litres
Measures (l x w x h): 14cm x 14cm x 19.5cm (5.5" x 5.5" x 7.7")

Contents:
1 x pot
1 x strainer basket
1 x lockable glass lid
Instructions

Colours: Black, Green, Orange, Purple, Red and Turquoise

I bought a previous incarnation of this pot (from amazon as it was half price of qvc) for my dad's birthday last year. The lot itself was brushed stainless steel instead of coated colour.
Anyway he and mum used it almost every day for cooking pasta, potatoes, veggies etc. and it also works really well for asparagus and corn on the cob stood on end.
Loads of cleverly designed features and have to recommend it!

The colours are great. I am sure it works brilliantly but nevertheless it's a very dull TSV.

I bought the black (hoping Mr A won't notice the new addition to the kitchen). I have a similar jug/pan, but not lidded, nonstick and no basket. When my electric kettle died I used it on the hob to boil water and with the speed of the induction hob it boils a pint of water faster then the kettle does so if I'm only making one cuppa it's lightening fast. I toyed with getting a whistling hob kettle but this TSV seems a better idea as I can use it for other things like 14 boiled eggs and 22 hot dogs (best open a window after eating that lot :mysmilie_516::mysmilie_506: )

Did anyone else buy this?

I like mine, though have used it a dozen times at most, and only ever hand-washed it. I also store it with a folded sheet of kitchen roll on the bottom as I thought maybe the wire would scratch the base.

Bored, I was looking on eBay a few weeks ago and noticed a few for sale that had pictures of the inside clearly showing the coloured coating peeling off (easy to see on the lighter colours). Some descriptions also noted 'small signs of wear' but they didn't seem visible from the outside pics. I thought maybe people had been a bit rough with them or stuck them in the dishwasher...

So imagine my surprise when wiping it after washing this evening to find the non-stick coating peeling away on the bottom! Not where I thought there'd be a weak spot where the basket feet rest, but where the sides rise on the pourer side.

Anyone else had had a problem? It was a TSV on 30/9/14 so I'm out of the six months QVC generously allow.

TIA

Wow - that's terrible. Cooks Essentials have a lifetime guarantee, so I would expect a company like Kuhn Rikon would also stand by their products - even when sold via QVC.

You should be able to return it as faulty I would have thought.

Did anyone else buy this?

I like mine, though have used it a dozen times at most, and only ever hand-washed it. I also store it with a folded sheet of kitchen roll on the bottom as I thought maybe the wire would scratch the base.

Bored, I was looking on eBay a few weeks ago and noticed a few for sale that had pictures of the inside clearly showing the coloured coating peeling off (easy to see on the lighter colours). Some descriptions also noted 'small signs of wear' but they didn't seem visible from the outside pics. I thought maybe people had been a bit rough with them or stuck them in the dishwasher...

So imagine my surprise when wiping it after washing this evening to find the non-stick coating peeling away on the bottom! Not where I thought there'd be a weak spot where the basket feet rest, but where the sides rise on the pourer side.

Anyone else had had a problem? It was a TSV on 30/9/14 so I'm out of the six months QVC generously allow.

TIA

Have you read the qvc reviews - just click on the link in the post at the top here - many of them (only read a couple) seem to be saying exactly the same as you so it's definitely not an isolated issue! May help back you up if you try to tackle QVC.

As I said above at the time, I bought my dad the all stainless steel version and I also now own the same as them... I haven't used mine much but mum and dad use theirs all the time and have noticed a little bit of pitting/marking to the inside of the pan but no issues as with your coloured one which sounds awful.... In fact they love it and without the plating yours has it is a great pan. But I think the colour coating was a mistake - I'm afraid :( And not up to Kuhn Rikon standards so I suggest you definitely approach/tackle QVC about it, even if it is outside the 6 month window!

I sent mine back recently (probably outside the 6 months too) and they just advised me to wrap it (nor worries if it's not in the original box) and they collected it and I got the whole amount back. No quibbling at all. I though if only I'd never used the basket it would be fine as a jug on my hob, but clearly the whole coating wasn't fit for purpose. So give them a call or email and they should allow its return Alter Ego.

I've got a stainless steel version but I can't remember where I bought it. Have to admit, I've never had any problems with it and it's been very well used.

Thank you, All.

I rang CS and have been refused a return as, like the latest reviewer posted, it is outside the 6 month return period.

I'm very, very disappointed as I have used this pot so little and been so careful with it (I look after all my things tbh and also never dish wash pots and pans, whether instructions say they can be or not). It's not even flaking away from where I thought it might and have been extra careful (the basket feet)!

I've always had good results with CS so this is a bit of a shock.

I HATE wasting money like this. I certainly can't risk cooking anything with it now as I don't want to be ingesting this coating. Sigh.

Oh no what a shame I really think you're in the right and I did think they would refund you even if it is out of her official period, especially as it's been so little used and is now useless...

If you can be bothered, I would be tempted to follow it up with an email, attaching photos of the damage and pushing your point home? Say you know it's outside of the 6 months but have been left with an obsolete and potentially dangerous (!) product? Worth a go?!

speak to your local trading standards or cab. 6 months is not long enough. if its peeling its not fit for purpose

As boffy says - there are other avenues to explore before giving up. The Sale of Goods Act would be a good place to start. There are probably other laws that might apply.

Unfortunately this looks like a made for QVC product, but even so, if QVC won't help - despite the poor reviews - maybe also contact Kuhn Rikon customer services?

Debbie Flint always says anything with a plug on is guaranteed by QVC for one year, wonder if QVC know that. I know yours hasn't but that should last and QVC have no right to expect you to just throw it away. Keep ringing and emailing them telling them how you have no problem taking this matter further and tell them you'll be getting Trading Standards advice.

Last edited:
so much for being only second to john lewis.. i hate poor customer service. most people would have had a problem with it and not returned it cant see why no refund

so much for being only second to john lewis.. i hate poor customer service. most people would have had a problem with it and not returned it cant see why no refund

I agree!

You wouldn't have this problem with Lakeland. For me they are absolutely the top of the tree for customer service. John Lewis are very good as well.

This is yet another area in which QVC have been resting on their laurels, and are consequently off the pace.

Contact BBC Watchdog! They have a series on at the moment. They love stories like this, alert them to the other negative reviews discussing the same problem.

Then contact QVC and advise them you've been in touch with Watchdog. They'll soon sort it out go you then, negative publicity on prime time TV is a threat they'll take more seriously than quoting the sale of goods act to them.

I am currently battling with customer services over something and if I don't have a satisfactory resolution in their next email from the CEO then I will be in touch with Watchdog.
Unless we all complain about this shoddy service to a 3rd party then nothing will ever change.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back