YBF brows

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Loveinamist

Registered Shopper
What's with the wait list on these duo pencils. I need them now! Stacey didn't have them last visit so what gives? I don't want the kit with tweezers, highlighter and one pencil.

I think its more to do with Qvc than YBF , I think its pretty bad that YBF hasnt had a Tsv since there return, considering other "new" brands have. Say what you want about the YBF makeup , its the only brand that has the models and stacey (sometimes presenter too) on air with no makeup at the start of each show.

I always buy my YBF brow pencils on EBay. There are always some new sealed ones on there for around a tenner. I always sell my spare on there too. :)

I wondered why these pencils are so popular then I realised its most probably because the pencil has no red undertones that a brown pencil usually has Two brilliant alternatives are
Yves Saint Laurent Dessin Des Sourcils Eyebrow Pencil (with a great spooly brush one end like YBF) and Too Faced 'Brow-nie'

I personally found that since Stacey 'sold-out' her pencil formula is not the same, and the wax stalk is a lot shorter and breaks easily. I also thought that as the pencil is a self sharpening, its never blade pointy. But I guess if its no1 in usa, shes not complaining

What's with the wait list on these duo pencils. I need them now! Stacey didn't have them last visit so what gives? I don't want the kit with tweezers, highlighter and one pencil.

They did have them during the last visit.

There was one TSV since the return. Could easily have been more though, as opposed to 462 Bareminerals TSVs a year...

Stacy has quite a few TSVs on HSN channel in the US.

To be honest(never tried her brow pencils), she could come on with nothing but these to sell and have sellout shows. That seems to be the one product universally loved from the range.

Not a fan of the range, tried it once way back on the first visit unimpressed.

I tried the pencils a while back. They work well but I had a spare one on the duo and when I finished the first one after a few months and opened the second one I had to throw it away as despite being sealed it had developed a whiteish "film" almost like it had gone mouldy and the pencil didn't draw on the back of my hand anymore. If you want one I reccommend buying a set with just one pencil in.

That's a shame because Stacey has mentioned the white film and it's not a bloom of mould it's just a residue from the production process (allegedly). I've had it on a couple of pencils YBF and Models Prefer, but they seemed fine.

I find that Shavata brow pencil is very good but it's not the same as YBF of course. It was in the bag from the Beauty Bash if this helps.
Also, the New CID gets glowing reviews and people are saying that it's better than the YBF
http://www.qvcuk.com/New-CID-I-Groo...html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-21-_-202732

And good reviews for the Revitalash new brow product
http://www.qvcuk.com/RevitaLash-Hi-....html?sc=SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-2-_-206402
I love the Revitalash mascara, hoping to try this one at some point.

And someone on this forum said that the Soap and Glory brow pencil was very good.

I have had the white film on mine but I justwipe it with a tissue and it comes off no bother!

I have had the white film on mine but I justwipe it with a tissue and it comes off no bother!
Oh yes, same with Shavata, once the film removed it works like new. The film is quite hard though I think I used a pencil sharpener to remove it.

It didn't come off my one. Never seen it before on other brands I have tried. Not seen Stacey mentioning the film but I will watch next time she is on.

Thanks for suggestions but I have perfected my brows with the YBF after trying a lot of brands. The thickness is perfect for my shaping as I have only half brows due to thyroid probs and they can't grow back. The CID I have considered but a demo in the early days snapped and it put me off, don't know if she was nervous and heavy handed, studio lights melting it or dodgy product. The Shavata pencils smudged on me and were too black, even though my brows are jet black, strange. I will just have to buy the YBF kit I suppose, and gift the surplus ha!

The New CID brow pencil is good, a fair alternative to the YBF one. I can't use any of the mascara wand ones because I just don't have enough hairs for it to cling to. The new Benefit one promised to work with sparse brows but it was one of the worst I've tried.

I've moved on from YBF now, though I keep one in my bag in case I rub my brows off while I'm out. This has never happened though since I started using the Doll10 brow product. I can use Blonde or Grey and it builds up a very realistic brow (not a scouse brow). It has a kind of paste consistency which gives a finish that isn't flat like a pencil. I tried the Tarte one which is similar but it gives a flatter finish which isn't quite as good. I can do my brows with the Doll10 product in seconds.

I'd say give it a go, after a couple of tries I can apply the Doll10 one as quickly as a pencil now. When the airline lost my suitcase this summer I was gutted that I'd lost my make up, particularly my Doll 10 brows, which is how I came to try the Tarte one (courtesy of a dash to Sephora). I got my luggage on the last day of the holiday and I have to say I was pleased to get my make up back.

Have the Doll10 but my daughter said it looked too dramatic on me, she says my YBF looks very natural and even in work people don't know I only have half brows!

I try not to get hooked on to products on available on QVC for this reason. Used to like Tova mascaras did not irritate my eyes, but used to be out of stock for months at a time.

Thanks for suggestions but I have perfected my brows with the YBF after trying a lot of brands. The thickness is perfect for my shaping as I have only half brows due to thyroid probs and they can't grow back. :mysmilie_14: Great WHOOP for you The CID I have considered but a demo in the early days snapped and it put me off, don't know if she was nervous and heavy handed, studio lights melting it or dodgy product. The Shavata pencils smudged on me and were too black, even though my brows are jet black, strange. I will just have to buy the YBF kit I suppose, and gift the surplus ha!

I discovered this fantastic tip whilst in Japan. Girls there all have very dark brows, like myself, and found impossible to use a black coloured pencil without looking like Fanny Craddock! (Today AKA HD Brows) :mysmilie_11:So an Asian friend suggested I tried using dark grey/charcoal the one I use along with my YSL is a cheap Laura Paige Eyebrow pencil in 03

Unlike black, its build-able and not too obious, so coupled with the YBF Im sure it would be a magic combo

Latest posts

Back