Hideous Tiana B dress

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
OMG What is that? It looks very 60s / psychadelic or Biba from the early 70s! Terrible! And she keeps saying "you can belt up." I wish SHE'D belt up! So annoying!

have just realised what an annoying voice the Tiana B guest has or is it just me today? Don't like some of these prints anyway so I'm off!

Just looked online at the recent items to see which dress you refer to, but they are nearly all hideous with clashing patterns.

Looked online too. Crikey they are disgusting and as usual far too short for the normal person who doesn't have slim legs and knees. Avoid I think!(Like the majority of 'fashion' on QVC.)

Yes the patterns are hideous. I felt sorry for the poor models who had to keep sashaying around in these things, gurning for all their worth!

I just don't get it ! The U.S suffers from having a population with the largest amount of obese women, and yet their designers appear on our shores with 'creations' that would barely fit a Barbie doll ! Too short, too tight and too old fashioned !

This brand has been on air for a few years now, and STILL think that most women are 5'3 and a size 12 (which means a Tiana B size 14). Surely with the amount of stock in clearance, the 'figures' speak for themselves.

GET REAL, and lengthen the hems, increase the sizing by 2" not 1", up the range to a size 24 and ditch the old fashioned prints. THEN watch the stock fly off the shelves.

It sells! Q wouldn't put it on air if it didn't. One persons hideous is another persons beautiful. Let people be.

I bought 106300 in a size 16 in Mocha. I am a size 14 now but knowing what sizing is like I went up one. It looks "meh" on the pictures but on air those pleats look stunning and really well made. Reviews say it's a thin material rather than proper thick knit but that won't bother me. Will wear thick tights and knee high boots with it I think.

Only ever bought (and returned) one other Tiana B dress (a print maxi). I don't like the look of Tiana B prints but the plain one looks very "me". Good price too. Fingers crossed.

It sells! Q wouldn't put it on air if it didn't. One persons hideous is another persons beautiful. Let people be.

Yes it sells so people must like them. I am a "less is more type" so large patterns don't do it for me personally.I would like more choice generally across the ranges,as there is a reliance on patterns ,stripes,dots.But I agree that Q is a business and will mainly sell what is popular and will make profits.

Hmmm... if it sells, then like all the other American brands, there is still a hell of a lot in Clearance ! - and in the charity shops, cos its too much hassle to return !!

I think the sort of person that buys Tiana B is likely to stay at the Grand Burstin hotel in Folkestone!

I think the sort of person that buys Tiana B is likely to stay at the Grand Burstin hotel in Folkestone!

Really? How very lacking in imagination.

I have a number of Tiana B dresses which I wear with black tights and flats - they are highly practical and I have lost count of the number of colleagues / clients who have given compliments (yes, genuine!). They are particularly useful when living out of a suitcase whilst working away.

I hold a full time professional post and I have full possession of my faculties.

I am confident in my ability to make my own choices according to my own tastes and let others do as they wish... perhaps you might consider doing the same?

I just don't get it ! The U.S suffers from having a population with the largest amount of obese women, and yet their designers appear on our shores with 'creations' that would barely fit a Barbie doll ! Too short, too tight and too old fashioned !

This brand has been on air for a few years now, and STILL think that most women are 5'3 and a size 12 (which means a Tiana B size 14). Surely with the amount of stock in clearance, the 'figures' speak for themselves.

GET REAL, and lengthen the hems, increase the sizing by 2" not 1", up the range to a size 24 and ditch the old fashioned prints. THEN watch the stock fly off the shelves.

Perhaps because they are produced in countries where adult women are the size and shape of pre adolescent boys.
Anyway it looks as though these dresses are made from cheap material because they look very flimsy and shapeless on the models. They are made so shapeless in the hope they will 'fit' more people than if they were properly tailored.

I must admit I do have a couple of the dresses but I hardly wear them as they cause static and my hair practically stands on end .Its the same with Ronnie Nicole fabrics.

Tiana B dresses look as if they've been designed for people who are the same size and shape as the Tiana B lady, whatever she's called, so no good for anyone like me over 5ft 7. I've never bought one, the only Ronnie Nicole top I bought went straight back, and my only Nina Leonard dress, bought because it looked useful (bad mistake - it's hung in the wardrobe for well past its 30 day limit) has never been worn. Twice bitten.

Sounds like quite a few people might have things in their wardrobe they haven't worn. All profit for Q.I've picked up a few tips on this site on how to avoid buying stuff especially clothes I don't need.

Its so easy though isn't it.NO effort required.Just tap the App......It's a great feeling when it arrives but then there's the let down when you realise you have wasted money.......Oh dear I must get out more!

I bought one dress off E-Bay, the one with the lining.... I bought it one size larger than my high street size, I got it on but I was not impressed in the look, it did me some good as I must have lost a few pound trying to get it off, and my hair was standing on end.... never again... it went to the charity shop.

Sizes mean nothing with Q clothes. Personally it doesn't matter whether the label says 14/16/20/M/XL as long as if it says chest 39 it bleeding well is a 39 and not a full 5 inches smaller as was the last and final clothes item (T. B) purchased from Q.

If the measurements were accurate and more detailed (hip measurement seems to be an unknown measurement to Q) lenght of arms etc then there would be far fewer returns.

The measurements are so random it is nearly illegal, the get out of" approximate" is stretched beyond acceptable. An inch is a bleeding inch FGS, how hard can it be, it's not rocket science.

Less shouting more detail please, is it too much to ask. I'll bet if DBF ordered a carpet and it arrived 3 inches short she wouldn't just accept that they will take it back, less delivery charge of course.

Latest posts

Back