Magniflex Mattress TSV 08/10/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Love mine from a TSV quite a while back. Hate sleeping away from home now! Since buying this and adding Cozee Home bedding, I can now actually sleep for an hour or two unbroken. Amazing when previously I would wake every 45 minutes and then take ages to get off again.

OH also likes this combo. He's my hot water bottle in bed as I'm a freezer (then a sweater - a particularly un-charming combination!), but never complains about overheating. I would recommend both these QVC-only (as far as I'm aware) items to anyone who wants a comfortable bed.

I went for the 1800 memory mattress from ideal world. It arrived a couple of days ago so will try it at the weekend!

Have been waiting to see what this is. Any idea on price?

I have a dunelm mattress topper at the moment - would this be an improvement? (the mattress underneath is a bit worn).

TIA

Have been waiting to see what this is. Any idea on price?

I have a dunelm mattress topper at the moment - would this be an improvement? (the mattress underneath is a bit worn).

TIA

Oh, YES! I had an old sprung that I covered with a topper. It made a bit of a difference, but it doesn't give the experience of a full foam mattress. We have a superking as neither of us could be described as small (or medium!). Our bed was fairly new and we'd taken ages to decide whether to go for a sprung mattress or foam. Unfortunately, we went for a sprung Sealy that was supposed to be top-of-the-range. NEVER again. Within 6 months we had two coffin sized dips where we lay. It was non-turn, but needed rotating - we both put our backs out doing that on a monthly basis. Struggled with it for a few years, tried a 3 inch topper for a year then gave in and bought the Magniflex. Best. Ever. Descision. Wish we'd done it years ago.

We'd looked at a Tempur, but had heard that some of them formed dips and the company weren't willing to do anything about it under guarantee (much like Sealy, even though we reported the problem within 6 months and sent them pictures etc.). Interestingly enough, the same bed was featured on a Watchdog-type programme (though that couple had they money back). At less than a third of the price we thought we'd try the Magniflex and see how it suited us.

Both of us had always previously had "orthopaedic" mattresses as we both have back problems (comes with being tall I'm told). Having been used to a firm bed (even though the topper softened it somewhat), sleeping on such a soft surface was weird, but very nice. We sink in at night and both have a problem getting out of our warm, cozy bed in the morning. I set the snooze button to allow me to come round and enjoy my blissful bed as I wake IYKWIM.

When we were looking around, the woman at Tempur cautioned that getting out of a Tempur bed could be a little challenging for some people as you have to sort of climb out of the dip you've made during the night. We get this mildly with the Magniflex, but when we're up, there's no "body dips" left in it like in our old horrid Sealy. I'm not very mobile but can still manage getting out fine - even though I mostly don't want to!

I don't know if it's because the mattress is on the Sealy base (maybe we should have got a new base, too), but the demo where they have the glasses of water/bowling ball/jumping around looks impressive, but doesn't really work that way with ours. I can feel OH getting out of bed, but much less than with our old bed. I can also feel the mattress very gently rebound to its natural shape a few seconds after he's got up. Cool feeling :happy:

HTH a bit.

Thanks for the detail alter ego.
Shall have a serious think about this - for once the 30 day MBG could be the decider! (or do I have til 25 Jan now)!

i am very heavy and needed a new bed. took many months to decide what bed to buy. lots and lots of homework. i wanted a bed made with as much natural fibre that my budget would allow. i wanted a handmade bad and it had to be pocket sprung. eventually i opted for a vi sprung and its the best bed i have ever had. its guaranteed for life and no dips even though i am a doormouse and tend to sleep in the same part of the bed. you should turn it but i cant as i have a herniated disc. i do turn it with help but not often.

to add to the supremeness i have a memory foam topper, a feather bed and a heavily padded all cotton mattress cover from john lewis. its expensive but worth it

Does anyone know how large these things are when delivered? For some reason I seem to think they come rolled up, in which case I could have it delivered to my parents and then put it in the car.
The award-winning customer service was very pleasant but unhelpful on this.
I can see a nightmare if I order one then it never gets delivered cos I'm at work.

Does anyone know how large these things are when delivered? For some reason I seem to think they come rolled up, in which case I could have it delivered to my parents and then put it in the car.
The award-winning customer service was very pleasant but unhelpful on this.
I can see a nightmare if I order one then it never gets delivered cos I'm at work.

Mine was rolled - how I'd have re-wrapped it if it needed to be returned I have no idea. It was small enough I thought they'd sent a topper by mistake. I watched it as it "grew" on my bed (it re-inflated quite quickly for the most, but took a few hours to settle into it's final shape). Bit like watching a flower opening in time-lapse (yeah, slow day on the telly :mysmilie_13:).

If you reckon on the longest dimension being the the length of the bed, then allow enough room for a big roll, you should be okay.

Latest posts

Back