Green Seasons Festive Christmas Hamper TSV 06/10/14

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

anyone had the packs of christmas meat before? is it any good? I'm always put off by the turkey - i always think it reminds me of those ghastly Bernard Matthew's turkey things that are round and yuck IMO

hehe i think mine is usually a chicken roast joint that you cook from the freezer as its easier on me & mum as its just us 2

aww you can both come over to mine for xmas, although i have to warn you, its my first ever time at cooking christmas dinner - giving mum the year off as she's been poorly, god help us! my son has already suggested we go out haha (kids can be so hurtful lol)

I remember the complaints. It really spoiled Christmas for many people. I for one wouldn't trust Q at all for something like this. They haven't got a computer system that can manage 'waitlist' orders, so God only knows they keep track of orders like these.

I always think that the quality of the joints that they show on tv are nowhere near to the quality of meat you are like to end up with. Please enlighten me if I am wrong. I also remember the complaints last year.

We had a house full of family last year and money was tight so for christmas day I got a beef joint and a turkey crown from Aldi and i have to say they were the tastiest and moistest joints i had had in a long time. I'll be getting my christmas meats from Aldi again this year.

All hell broke loose last year on QVC Facebook page about this. People did not get their products. Some had them left on the doorstep all day!!! One for sure had theirs stolen from the doorstep. QVC didn't do a lot about it, nor Green Seasons.

The big supermarkets do a order your turkey,beef etc you are guaranteed to actually get on the day you chose.

I always think that the quality of the joints that they show on tv are nowhere near to the quality of meat you are like to end up with. Please enlighten me if I am wrong. I also remember the complaints last year.

We had a house full of family last year and money was tight so for christmas day I got a beef joint and a turkey crown from Aldi and i have to say they were the tastiest and moistest joints i had had in a long time. I'll be getting my christmas meats from Aldi again this year.

I agree nicnac. We heard good reports about Aldi meat so for Christmas last year we got 3 turkey crowns & 2 ham joints. They were probably the best we'd ever had TBH & we'll definitely be buying again this year.

One Word, Awful!

I'm surprised Green Seasons are still going...although it is QVC's own brand, isn't it?

Made the mistake a couple of years ago of ordering the larger Christmas pack, watched the enthusiasm of presenters and guest about the quality, preservative, additive and water free etc etc and because of my accident, sent for it, thinking it would help the O/H whilst I was out of action.

It arrived and I have never seen such a small piece of turkey, certainly not enough to feed the quantity stated, the ham/gammon was pieced together and the bacon, sausages and sausage meat has additives and water!!!

O/H was quite disgusted, so much so, we phoned QVC and like a large number of customers had a full refund and were told to keep the meat and do what we wanted with it. O/H went out and bought a turkey crown (lucky to get one), we did cook the turkey, which shrank, as did the gammon, but the beef was OK, the rest we chucked!

One thing to bear in mind is that the presentations are done with fresh meat and NOT frozen, that's why it cooks and looks so good on TV, but that is just my opinion, maybe it's changed :mysmilie_13:

Latest posts

Back