I'm SO excited........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
If I hear one more guest presenter say "I'm so excited to bring this to you" or "I'm so excited by this product", I'll sling a ****** brick through the screen !

What IS IT with all this "excitement" crap ? do they even know what the word means ?? It must be uttered 100 times during the course of the 18 hours on air, and they must be in a poor sodding state to get 'excited' about a string of fairy lights, the latest Bose speaker, a Vax cleaner, or the latest must have smelly candle !

My little puppy gets 'excited' and pees when someone new comes to the house, I wonder if that happens with the presenters ?....... they pee themselves !!!!

If I hear one more guest presenter say "I'm so excited to bring this to you" or "I'm so excited by this product", I'll sling a ****** brick through the screen !

What IS IT with all this "excitement" crap ? do they even know what the word means ?? It must be uttered 100 times during the course of the 18 hours on air, and they must be in a poor sodding state to get 'excited' about a string of fairy lights, the latest Bose speaker, a Vax cleaner, or the latest must have smelly candle !

My little puppy gets 'excited' and pees when someone new comes to the house, I wonder if that happens with the presenters ?....... they pee themselves !!!!

Sod Qvc tell us more about your puppy lol :mysmilie_48:

The difference is I'd forgive a puppy anything - the presenters on QVC...very little! :mysmilie_7:

I have written two posts agreeing with brissles...and both disappeared. (gremlins maybe)

9gremlins maybe

I have absolutely no idea why but when I read your thread topic I started to sing the Pointers Sisters and now I can’t get it out of my head!

I would print out my account to date and send it to them and say “look what you are missing” as I now buy hardly anything whereas before it was embarrassing how much I used to spend with them.
Or maybe all the rubbish I didn’t return that didn’t go in the bin or to charity shops, except it might appear in clearance and some other poor person might be landed with it.

Thanks to this thread I too have Pointer Sisters earworm and cracking up laughing at Chloe describing a grater as beautiful. I'm going to listen more carefully in future to see how many 'exciting' I can spot. To be honest, I zone out most of the time ;-)

This happens to little Craigy sometimes, but it's usually ok because DelBoy comes on with a mop, taps his nose and says 'naughty boy'. Then he has a little snuffle round her privates and all is forgiven.

Sod Qvc tell us more about your puppy lol :mysmilie_48:

Ah well, I've spent the past 12 months 'petless' (lost both my dogs last year, a 10 year old border terrier to pneumonia, and a 17 year old whippet thru old age). Couldn't stand the quiet empty house (I live alone), missed the walks, and decided enough was enough when I started talking to a house fly !

So, normality has now resumed with the arrival of a bundle of gorgeousness - another Border Terrier. She's called Maiko - Japanese for apprentice Geisha. Holidayed there in March and thought how beautiful Japanese names sound, and also I didn't want to go down the Holly, Polly, Molly route that so many dogs are called now. She's affectionate, quick to learn and is now the centre of my world.

We are both soooooo "excited" to be in each other's company, and apologies to those who can't get the Pointer Sisters out of their heads !!!

Aww that's such a lovely post. I adore my two cats...they are my furry babies and the centre of my world too, as I'm over 40 and no kids or hubby. I do miss having a dog, but couldn't bring myself to adopt a new one when my 15yr old German shepherd passed away. Maybe one day. (Still singing Pointer Sisters btw ;-))

Same as me Cariad, kidless and hubbyless, only those in a similar state can appreciate the huge part that pets play in our lives.

:mysmilie_378:"...I'm about to lose (bladder) control and I think I like it!" :mysmilie_480: :song::ninja:

sorry couldn't stop myself! :mysmilie_465:

Our dog is now 4 and was a nightmare pup!

We went through the 'excitable wee' phase. Although he was brilliantly quick at being house-trained, he got very excited when we came in or had visitors. I remember being in my usual panic at the impending visit of big sister (thankfully rare events :wink: ) who is a smart dresser and very house-proud. I thought it best to greet her at the gate, with pup, so he could get his excitement over and done with in the garden. Unfortunately he jumped up at the gate and aimed perfectly over her trousers :mysmilie_516:

Same as me Cariad, kidless and hubbyless, only those in a similar state can appreciate the huge part that pets play in our lives.

I loved my little dog but decided to remain dogless ( lost him several years ago) as when I retired I wanted to be 'free' to go away when I could, they are wonderful company tho'.
I expect you ladies look at least 10 years younger than you are?!!No hubby to trail after or Grandchildren/ children to have you on speed-dial when they expect you to jump to their needs!
I am single & childless, that is just the way things have turned out rather than planned but I am fortunate to be able to enjoy my retirement on my terms.It may sound a bit selfish but wouldn't change places with the 'grannies' of the world for a second. Enjoy the company of your pets!

Looking forward to retiring and getting a doggy! :mysmilie_48: Ten more years, unless I win the Lottery! :mysmilie_10:

Latest posts

Back