Veronese V Vermeil

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Akimbo

Fluffy
So which is thicker in terms of microns of gold plating? The DQ guest on with Kathy during the presentation of this birthday item http://www.qvcuk.com/Diamonique-2.7...ct.631892.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_--_-631892 has said that "vermeil" is the highest quality & thickness of gold plating which is curious because Ginetta says the same of Veronese. There's only one way to decide this...."FIGHT"

QVC used to sell lots of Vermeil jewellery before Veronese was introduced, so is there really any difference? I remember there used to be "rolled "gold" jewellery when I was younger but I haven't seen anything described as rolled gold for years. Has it been phased out or was it just another name for plated with gold?

Also does the QCut man still pronounce it as "Ver-meel" instead of "ver-may"? :mysmilie_59:

Just shows you what I know, I always assumed that the difference was one was over a base metal & one was over S/Silver?
I'll get my coat and close the door on the way out!

So rolled gold (AKA Gold filled) is a layer of gold applied by heat and is thicker than the electro-plating method used for Vermeil/Veronese. No idea what they do for base metal like brass, probably electroplating. As long as the plating stays on I'm less fussed what the metal underneath is, but it makes me expect a lower price point than Aurora charge for their jewellery (there's a necklace on qvcuk.com for £128 which seems a lot of money. It's basically a fashion jewellery range.

Ginetta, not sure you're highlights suit you, I think the rich brunette looked lovely.

Unless you're on later to demo the Color-Wow root filler-inner? :mysmilie_59:

I think you're right; all Veronese is Vermeil but not all Vermeil is Veronese.

I think, no matter what Ginetta says, the 'gold bond' quality/colour is absolute rubbish
This is my feedback ...
I own 3 pieces of Veronese

2 diamonique rings
A necklace wardrobe (5 necklaces)

Now, the 1st diamonique ring was purchased many years ago, when Ginetta first visited QVC Battersea and then, the '18ct' shade perfectly matched my 18ct solid gold band ring, and that 1st veronese purchase has never gone dull or tarnished, its still perfect and adored today, sadly discontinued.

Then, Veronese must have decided on a different manufacturer, or changed the ingredient to reduce production costs, because more recently I had purchased the necklace wardrobe, and a 2nd diamonique ring, (many years after the 1st ring) and my observations are
The '18ct yellow gold' colour now is totally 'off'. Ginetta can scream until shes blue in the face, the viewers might be insulted when she might accuse them of not realising what luxurious 18ct gold looks like in person. (ahem, indeed Ginetta)

When put next to a real 18ct item it is almost green gold, or christmas cracker gold, or 'lets buy my 5 year old grand daughter a little ring from poundland' gold

But dont worry folks! It doesnt stay that weird luxurious 18ct yellow gold colour forever... it goes green.
Furthermore, I dont think I'd feel confident walking into a Bond St jewellers wearing a piece of Veronese, Im sure the assistants would start sniggering to themselves - mind you, I wouldnt feel confident walking into any bond street store but thats another thread!

I might be tempted to buy Veronese in the future but will stay away from the yellow shade, until its 'fixed'.

I suppose the safest one regarding tarnish proof may be the Silver plate option. Opps sorry Ginetta, I mean 'bonding'

it is a wee while since I bought any Vernoese purely because I haven't seen anything I liked for the increased prices , but I have a lot of pieces purchased over quite a number of years.

I haven't had any problems with it going green. Some of the pieces are a bit blingier than others but I've thought it is more to do with the size and style.

Funnily the one "shade" of gold I really don't like is 24k the type used in Indian jewellery so I suppose it is just a matter of what appeals to the individual.

Again, on looks alone, I would go for silver rather than white gold.

I have a number of pieces of bronze jewellery and I like them for what they are, but don't think they have the colour of Rose gold which I also own.

The colour of Antique yellow, rose gold and silver are different to modern pieces.

I have a beautiful wrap over ring from Veronese bought about 5 years ago, worn ALOT and it has not changed colour. I would worry about buying the new "greenish" pieces.

JR's Ego - NEVER worry about walking into any shop as you're the customer.

I sold a lot of cars in my younger days and learned to never judge a book by the cover. I'd get a lot of "suits" come in, talking the talk, wanting a test drive etc. Rarely did I sell to them. I did most of my selling to women in jeans and a t-shirt or men in wellies with a piece of baling cord holding their trousers up (rural, farming area).

If you're in Bond Street and fancy a look, go on in with your head held high and think that scene in Pretty Woman. Life is weird. The following week you may have won big on the lottery!

Latest posts

Back