Food Day on Monday Boring?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I say boring but in a way you will have to feel sorry for the presenters, after they have eat there 50 pieces of Green Seasons undercooked food, followed by Award winning cheeses that nobody has heard off, to tgen be followed by the pies from Real Pie, and then if you're lucky, some Thorntons, which you can buy the little bags of at Poundland, and then some salmon, and If you're Dale, you also get to listen to Andi Peters blab on

What has Dale done so wrong.

This is the kinda themed day I enjoy, as they all pig out.

The Bogs must have a busy day

I tend to watch in the morning but I'll watch Jeremy Kyle on Monday and do some ironing instead!

I used to buy the Christmas meat parcels but they became less and less value for money. QVC should have tried harder to keep hold of Buccleuch. Now much smaller cuts and the quality was a little off last time. Can't say I'll be watching much of it as nearly everything can be bought cheaper elsewhere.

CC

I just bet 'Me Charlie' got his name down for a feed on Monday....:giggle:

A full day of food! How boring. Glad I am out at work because I have no interest whatsoever in QVC's overpriced food!

Agree overpriced is the word.I wouldn't think of buying food from Q.Not sure why people do even if they are miles from a supermarket ( Aldi or Lidl!!!)

When in doubt, they simply stick mecharlie in front of a pile of food and he hoovers up the lot, whatever it is. Sickening to watch, frankly, and a complete turnoff. Why anyone would buy their overpriced food, I don't know. I can get better down the local butchers and at my nearest farmshop - but we're lucky to have a selection. Anyway, the supermarkets sell as good nowadays so home delivery is the way to go.

Oh god! A whole day of listening to the phrase 'flavour profile'! I will go insane. Seriously. Flavour profile! *screams and runs for the hills*

Re Green Seasons TSV Monday 5/10/14 -

Is that it?? A bit of sausagemeat (£2 from my butcher, cheaper still at the supermarket), a pound of sausages (my butcher makes delicious ones with cranberry for under £5), a pound of bacon, a small roast beef, a pound gammon joint and a rolled-up turkey breast (got ours from aldi last year for a tenner and it was beautiful).

Craggiest seems in a bit of a state. The guest chef reminds me of Lewis Hamilton.

Oh god! A whole day of listening to the phrase 'flavour profile'! I will go insane. Seriously. Flavour profile! *screams and runs for the hills*

I screamed and ran when I saw who was presenting the tsv, I wonder how many he has ordered for his poor parents and even poorer sister...

I know a fruit cake usually carries a premium, but £37 incl. postage for a 7" iced version? This is not Harrods, and these inflated prices cannot, imo, be justified. I have been vegetarian for over 30 years, so the tsv would be of no interest to me. Even if it was, the price is laughable. I cannot find any legitimate or practical reason for buying food from the Q, when the prices are 5x and more than the equivalent products available in supermarkets, especially with most offering £1 deals on branded items.

According to Q, the 2kg of Turkey Breast in the TSV will serve 8-10 people.

Not in my flaming family it wouldn't, and I'm the only 'larger' person, so it's not like we're a bunch of greedy sods!!

Are we lad to believe that QVC presenters only eat Green Seasons meat, and they don't look in the Butchery Department of a. Supermarket or if they do they must think not buying this rubbish.

Or them buying the meat pies which are sometimes on deal. To go with some chips or something.

And. With chocolates don't they. Ever eat. Nice bar of cadburys

I think the prices they are asking are beyond ridiculous. cannot compete even with Waitrose, who are somewhat cheaper. The way they were cooking that poor duck looked terrible. topside of beef is quite a chewy cut and certainly not worth paying what they are asking. under £10 in supermarket.

Latest posts

Back