Kirks Folly One Time Only's

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Better make the most of the prices. Though I guess most of it will end up in clearance soon.

This is the penultimate KF show - ever! - and Jenniefer Kirk cannot even be bothered to be here. She is on the line, telling us we haven't to worry, but they are moving on from one stage of their beautiful lives, to another stage in their beautiful lives. Now, call me cynical, but it couldn't surely be because she has made enough money from peddling all this drivel about fairies, and blowing fairy dust which, unfortunately, many people seem to have bought into, thus allowing her to retire, and not have to make the arduous trek across the atlantic every couple of months? I have no problems with people choosing to buy from the range, whether it be because they like the designs or actually believe the fairy legend but I, personally, am a realist and didn't believe a word of it. She and her brother and sister own a company making fashion jewellery which has proven, subsequently, to be something of a money spinner for them, and congratulations to them all for that. They obviously decided early doors that a great sales ploy would be to devise a story behind the brand, and so was born the fairy godmother yarn. She is getting older and, understandably, wants to enjoy more of life. If she has the financial means, not to have to work then she should take that option. Nothing has been mentioned, as far as I am aware, as to whether the KF is still a business, or has it been wound up?
Whatever, if the remaining stock doesn't sell - there will be many fans doing some bulk buying before it is no longer being made - clearance will be full of it.

Is this range not coming back anymore?

No this is what they have posted on Fb ....

Fairy Farewell...Until We Meet Again

Greetings to All Our Dear Friends,

I have to express our great love and appreciation for you, your friendship, kindness, loyalty and just being the very special group of people that you are ~ and you are truly a magical group!

We've spent 35 years dancing in the light of the Seaview Moon and Sparkling the World together. Each and every one of you is an important part of our lives. We've met you in stores, at fairy tea parties, in live audiences, on QVC, on cruises, and at factory sales. We've gotten to know you through your letters, e-mails, phone calls, Facebook and Youtube. You are the heart and inspiration of Kirks Folly.

This is very difficult to say, but I must tell you that Kirks Folly will be closing its Fairyland Doors on Saturday, November 1st, 2014. The Kirks Folly that we know and love has had its glorious time in the sun. We know that every ending is a new beginning, a new chance to Dream and Believe ~ and that only the fates and the fairies know what lies ahead for each and every one of us.

We will be celebrating the life of this wonderful business with Two Extraordinary Events ~

First ~ our Fairy Farewell Online Sale
Wednesday, October 1st thru Friday, October 17th
In honor of our amazing friends we will be offering a 70% OFF SALE of already discounted prices. This is our special way of saying "thank you" for your friendship and loyalty ~ and to ensure that all our beloved Collections find the right home with people who love them. (We realize that you may have already placed orders with Kirks Folly ~ please understand that we cannot issue any credits for previous orders due to our Fairy Farewell Sale.) The Kirks Folly Online Store will close at midnight on October 17th.

Second ~ our Fairy Farewell Factory Sale
Friday, October 31st, 9-5 and
Saturday, November 1st, 9-5
Please join us if you can at the Scottish Rite Masonic Center, 2115 Broad St., Cranston, RI ~ we would love to see as many of you as possible! This is a perfect time to pull out your costumes and party with the Kirks Folly Witches. Let's celebrate 35 years of enchantment in Fairyland style!

We love you all and don't want you to worry about us. We are all in good health and as much as we've loved it, we realize that this Chapter has come to an end. We will always be here for you ~ you can find us on Facebook and Youtube and, as always, email me at [email protected]. Please keep the magic of Fairyland forever in your hearts and continue to Sparkle the World.

Until we meet again...

I leave you with this:

May flowers always line your path and sunshine light your day.
May songbirds serenade you every step along the way.
May a rainbow run beside you in a sky that's always blue.
And may happiness fill your heart each day your whole life through.
- Irish Blessing

Magic Always,
Jenniefer, your Fairy Godmother

I wonder if Dreamkeeper will continue? Kaena only got the gig, I feel, because her mum was already established with KF. I have a feeling that - obviously because aficionados of KF are so disconsolate - she will add the jewellery line to her range.
Most of the items are at full price; on the official KF site, there is a sale of remaining stock, up to 70%.

No this is what they have posted on Fb ....

Fairy Farewell...Until We Meet Again

Greetings to All Our Dear Friends,

I have to express our great love and appreciation for you, your friendship, kindness, loyalty and just being the very special group of people that you are ~ and you are truly a magical group!

We've spent 35 years dancing in the light of the Seaview Moon and Sparkling the World together. Each and every one of you is an important part of our lives. We've met you in stores, at fairy tea parties, in live audiences, on QVC, on cruises, and at factory sales. We've gotten to know you through your letters, e-mails, phone calls, Facebook and Youtube. You are the heart and inspiration of Kirks Folly.

This is very difficult to say, but I must tell you that Kirks Folly will be closing its Fairyland Doors on Saturday, November 1st, 2014. The Kirks Folly that we know and love has had its glorious time in the sun. We know that every ending is a new beginning, a new chance to Dream and Believe ~ and that only the fates and the fairies know what lies ahead for each and every one of us.

We will be celebrating the life of this wonderful business with Two Extraordinary Events ~

First ~ our Fairy Farewell Online Sale
Wednesday, October 1st thru Friday, October 17th
In honor of our amazing friends we will be offering a 70% OFF SALE of already discounted prices. This is our special way of saying "thank you" for your friendship and loyalty ~ and to ensure that all our beloved Collections find the right home with people who love them. (We realize that you may have already placed orders with Kirks Folly ~ please understand that we cannot issue any credits for previous orders due to our Fairy Farewell Sale.) The Kirks Folly Online Store will close at midnight on October 17th.

Second ~ our Fairy Farewell Factory Sale
Friday, October 31st, 9-5 and
Saturday, November 1st, 9-5
Please join us if you can at the Scottish Rite Masonic Center, 2115 Broad St., Cranston, RI ~ we would love to see as many of you as possible! This is a perfect time to pull out your costumes and party with the Kirks Folly Witches. Let's celebrate 35 years of enchantment in Fairyland style!

We love you all and don't want you to worry about us. We are all in good health and as much as we've loved it, we realize that this Chapter has come to an end. We will always be here for you ~ you can find us on Facebook and Youtube and, as always, email me at [email protected]. Please keep the magic of Fairyland forever in your hearts and continue to Sparkle the World.

Until we meet again...

I leave you with this:

May flowers always line your path and sunshine light your day.
May songbirds serenade you every step along the way.
May a rainbow run beside you in a sky that's always blue.
And may happiness fill your heart each day your whole life through.
- Irish Blessing

Magic Always,
Jenniefer, your Fairy Godmother

I feel ill :puke:

I have always felt that there was a little bit of reach out to the bereaved and vulnerable and if people want to buy into that I don't have a problem with it. I never ever felt good about the pictures of Jenniefer's lovely and beautiful home paid for no doubt by the funds from said vulnerable people. Hey, she made her money and she retired. Fine. Lets just not make out that selling tat to those with probably little money is OK.

CC

Can someone please pass the sick bucket.

Would it too much just to say they have called it a day and thanks very much for your custom. I seriously doubt the mind set of anyone who drafted that load of dribble.

In one sense she's a silly old woman. But in reality she's a shrewd businesswoman who's realised there's a gap in the market for this sort of celestial old crap and she's done very nicely out of it. In a way, if you're stupid enough to believe that there's fairies at the bottom of your garden then you sort of deserve to be taken for a ride. However it's not acceptable when it's marketed towards vulnerable people who get sucked in to it in the belief that it will somehow help them out of whatever predicament they find themselves in. Oh, and don't start, love...

QVC US dumped KF last year so that'll be the real reason they're shutting shop IMO. They probably can't rely on the UK to keep the cash rolling in. If they were that successful they'd sell the business as a going concern if you ask me.

Latest posts

Back