'My bustline is considerably bigger than yours Kim' say JR to kim ....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JR's Ego

Registered Shopper
or words to that effect, when asked by Kim if Julia would reveal her actual bra measurement on air.

In the past JR was quite happy to broadcast her cup size.

What JR is forgetting to add, is her waist is also considerably fatter than Kims!!
Get over yourself JR!!
:mysmilie_17:

Chesticles -- did someone invent that on here? what a fabulous word.. laughed out very loud!

I have the greatest respect for JR as a presenter as she is informative and tells it like it is.

HOWEVER, I find her quite irksome when she starts displaying her "know all in the playground" attitude. There is nothing self deprecating about her - she will blow her own trumpet because no-one else will. Its the "I cant believe I've been here 21 years !! ", (er, why not), and "oh I'm so much older " - (prompting cries of 'you cant be' ) - she's as bad at fishing for compliments as JF is at playing the ditzy idiot ! and I find it uncomfortable viewing.

Let's face it, you need a huge ego to do that job in the first place. You obviously have to believe that the Great British Public actually wants to look at you.

I have the greatest respect for JR as a presenter as she is informative and tells it like it is.

HOWEVER, I find her quite irksome when she starts displaying her "know all in the playground" attitude. There is nothing self deprecating about her - she will blow her own trumpet because no-one else will. Its the "I cant believe I've been here 21 years !! ", (er, why not), and "oh I'm so much older " - (prompting cries of 'you cant be' ) - she's as bad at fishing for compliments as JF is at playing the ditzy idiot ! and I find it uncomfortable viewing.

Couldn't have put it better myself! I saw this yesterday and cringed. Oh and she looked awful in that dress. Far too thick around the middle. She also started regaling us with the story of her luggage getting lost in Bermuda/Bahamas (can't remember) on a Kim & Co shoot. Kim cut right across her and continued with her measurements. You could see the old eyes narrowing, ha ha! I like Julia as a presenter but she does have flaws.

Let's face it, you need a huge ego to do that job in the first place. You obviously have to believe that the Great British Public actually wants to look at you.

I was thinking exactly this when reading the DBF blog thread! You're spot on!

I had to laugh about this too. Especially when Julia kept going on about the Maxi dress Kim was wearing and pointing out she had been wearing the same dress on air on Saturday in EXACTLY the same size (a small) fit them both perfectly. No it did not Julia it looked far better on Kim. On you it looked like you were in a dress two sizes too small and was cutting you it two around the middle. Sorry Julia, I really like you, you are my favourite presenter but there is no way on this earth that you are the same size as Kim! Please stop pretending and wear the right size.

all drama school ballet school would be actors cant be actors not quite presenters has beens

JR used to be my favourite presenter but much less so now. I have found her quite difficult to view in the past week, so full of herself! I also saw her in the Kim & Co Maxi dress and she certainly should not have been in a small. I really don't want to know what size Julia has squeezed herself into, it is only relevant if it is the correct size/fit. I do find it helpful when we are given the sizes the models are wearing but not when they are wearing the same size.

I never get the impression that Jill is "fishing for compliments", nor JR. The worst proponent of false modesty, is the sycophantic CB.

I had to laugh about this too. Especially when Julia kept going on about the Maxi dress Kim was wearing and pointing out she had been wearing the same dress on air on Saturday in EXACTLY the same size (a small) fit them both perfectly. No it did not Julia it looked far better on Kim. On you it looked like you were in a dress two sizes too small and was cutting you it two around the middle. Sorry Julia, I really like you, you are my favourite presenter but there is no way on this earth that you are the same size as Kim! Please stop pretending and wear the right size.

I didn't see Julia wearing the Maxi dress on that occasion but I know exactly what you mean. I do wish the presenters and the models alike (usually Joy) would wear the appropriate sizes that SUIT and FIT them. No way does a size small fit Julia now. Even I have had to stop wearing size small due to weight gain and yes, I know that Kim says that it doesn't matter if you lose/gain weight but it DOES.... I only have a size 36 bust and Julia is considerably much larger than me and a size small on me feels like wearing a second skin.....Joy is another one who chooses to wear clingy clothes that emphasises her pneumatic bust. I am sorry to say Joy, that is is certainly NOT flattering and you would like so much lovelier a size or TWO up

Julia had black leggings with ankle boots the other day on a Kim show ...not a good look reminded me of Max Wall (you younger ones won`t know but he was a comedian who was meant to look funny in black tights and big ankle boots in the days when leggings hadn`t even been thought of!!) I often wonder if they have full length mirrors in their dressing rooms!!

Nobody probably dares tell Julia she looks dreadful. Or any of the other prima donnas. DF wouldn't listen, Chuntley would go into an artificial decline, JF would throw a hissy fit, Marverine's eyes would pop out, Ann Dawson would just talk at them in her normal voice, (punishment enough), and they wouldn't even be able to tell Sara Griffiths because she'd interrupt them before they'd finished.

I don't blame Julia for not owning her bra size! I wouldn't broadcast that to the whole world either. That's far too personal information for them to own up to live and spontaneously imo. There are plenty of pervs and nutters around already, the presenters don't need to give them more ammunition. I noticed a foot fetish tweeter has been sending some of them tweets lately. Different body part I know, but still.. Lol

There is a certain age that ladies REALLY need to cover the arm tops because - a) they are too fat and have reams of flesh swaying beneath them, or b) they are too thin and the skin is wrinkly and crepey (yes YOU Joan Collins).

JR your time is here. Whether you decide you are an A or B doesn't matter, but a sleeve must be high on your priority list, - the Pilates isn't working.

Chesticles -- did someone invent that on here? what a fabulous word.. laughed out very loud!

Sarah Kennedy used to say it on Radio 2! I actually liked Sarah Kennedy. She was fun in a very sort of matronly way. I met her at the BBC World Service when I was 18.

I don't blame Julia for not owning her bra size! I wouldn't broadcast that to the whole world either. That's far too personal information for them to own up to live and spontaneously imo. There are plenty of pervs and nutters around already, the presenters don't need to give them more ammunition. I noticed a foot fetish tweeter has been sending some of them tweets lately. Different body part I know, but still.. Lol

Lol I noticed that on Youtube someone had posted videos of QVC presenters' feet. I find that very weird!

To be fair to Lady Roberts, TV luvvies always say that being on the tele always makes you look 3/4 of a stone heavier.

But as for the dinner lady arms...

Latest posts

Back