Fairfield crisps

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
7 150g bags of crisps, £14.52 + £4.95 postage. Just under £20, are they serious?

Have just looked on Ocado and, without any offers, Kettle Crisps are £2.19 for 150g bag, so yes it is the P&P which makes this a pricey purchase as said before.

I think I would just get crisps in my normal shopping though. I have never heard of this brand so they may be super fantastic of course, but for me Kettle (or Walkers smokey bacon!!!!!!!!) are good enough.

Last edited:
I like Kettle and Tyrrells crisps and usually buy them when they're on special offer. Last bought some Tyrrells from Morrisons when only £1 a bag.

Compared with the official price for a 40g bag, £1.29, the Q price is a veritable bargain! I don't eat crisps but, if I did, Home Bargains sells kettle chips at 89p for a 150g bag. This would determine that I wouldn't spend £20 for 7 bags. As with Joe and Seph's popcorn, and the new York deli stuff, I think the manufacturers are using the different variety of flavours which are not widely available in other brands, to persuade customers to buy. If you are prepared to pay a premium for organic, natural, and free from products, that is another matter entirely. I would be telling myself, £20 for 7 bags of crisps, that would be better spent on skincare, for example.

I'll stick with my hand cooked crisps from Aldi & Lidl. I don't eat them very often, but they hit the spot when I want a crisp, Lidl's sour cream & chilli ones are absolutely divine and are a much better 89p or something a bag. They are also not a hard as Kettle Chips, gave up eating them after slicing the roof of my mouth with one.

The salt and vinegar "passion" crisps from Aldi are the best I have had in years, really light and not too hard which is something I find with kettle crisps.

Another really nice brand is Yorkshire crisps and they do lots of flavours

Im not interested in chocolate but crisps and nuts are a big weakness although I try to limit them.

In NI folk go mad for Tayto crisps (especially C&O) and are known to take a family's 2 week supply on holiday with them! They are ok but not worth that.

Does anyone else get a total shock at the price of crisp type snacks which you often don't notice when they are just chucked in the trolley with the rest of shopping.

I like Kettle and Tyrrells crisps and usually buy them when they're on special offer. Last bought some Tyrrells from Morrisons when only £1 a bag.

I have just munched my way through half a bag of Tyrells ready salted (£1.00) from Morrissons. They are my favourites but once you start you can't leave them alone.

Im not interested in chocolate but crisps and nuts are a big weakness although I try to limit them.

In NI folk go mad for Tayto crisps (especially C&O) and are known to take a family's 2 week supply on holiday with them! They are ok but not worth that.

Does anyone else get a total shock at the price of crisp type snacks which you often don't notice when they are just chucked in the trolley with the rest of shopping.

Same in the Rep,LATI, Tayto & King are the top two.I love both makes which are, incidentally, made by the same manufacturer!

They are gorgeous,though!

Latest posts

Back