Account blocked due to return rate!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

teekay76

Registered Shopper
Can't believe Gems have just blocked my account due to a high return rate. They haven't even attempted to contact me in any way to say it was a problem.

I called them and they said my return rate was 136% so apparently I've returned more than I've ordered. I'm waiting for a Manager to call me back.

I asked if it's in the Ts & Cs about return rates and he couldn't find any mention of it. I also told them that a lot are returned under the legal right to cancel within 14 days which is separate to any conditions they add in after that. I think they have a problem with me claiming back the original P&P cost as they said it's costing them too much to process all my returns. I often find that I order stuff and it maybe doesn't suit my hand as it looks so small compared to how it looked on screen or often I'll see something else I prefer and order that and return the item before. Either way I have the right to change my mind. Plus my budget is very small so my purchase has to be exactly right and it would be the same for anyone who's buying at the higher end. You want your purchase to be right.

Can you believe they've started this in their 10th birthday week and I've been with them since the beginning.

I thought much higher of the Bennetts. At least contact a customer first.

It's all very weird.

The only thing in the terms that I haven't done is include the Authenticity Certificates when returning but again that's never been mentioned as an issue.

How the hell can you return more than you feckin buy?? Gems have obviously got a touch of the QVC's about them these days i.e. encourage people to buy and try and then get all shirty when you do exactly that. I assume you send these items back quite quickly and without having worn them for 29 days? :mysmilie_13:As for using the DSR (or whatever the regs are called now) to claim your original postage back...quite honestly if I ran a business this would pi$$ me off too and I would imagine that factoring in this cost has somehow distorted the return rate percentage on their system. However if they offer no quibble returns policy they should honour it regardless without malice. There's that word 'honour' cropping up again in a shopping channel thread. :headbang:

I've had a reply today from the Operations Director:

"Morning Tracey

Thank you for your e-mail to Steve, he has asked me to respond on his behalf.

I sincerely apologise that your account was closed and without any contact. I am not sure how someone managed to figure out that you have a returns rate of 136% as this is clearly impossible as you have stated. Any account closures are only to be done with my authority and your account closure has not received such permission. I will ensure this is dealt with. We have had to clamp down recently where customers are spending literally hundreds of thousands of pounds on jewellery and returning over 95% which is very costly to the business but your account, whilst the returns are a little high, would not cause us any financial issue.

I have opened your account and again please accept my sincere apologies, happy shopping and if there are any other questions you may have please feel free to let me know.

Regards
Mark Jackson "

I'm happy that they've sorted it out and it basically was a mistake.

Good result. Well done that man lol. :mysmilie_59: Great to see customers being valued by Gems. :mysmilie_378:QVC take note!!

was it a mistake or did they just say that because you emailed them and posted on here? Steve is clearly not going to say he agreed to shut your account down is he?

Mistake. I don't spend thousands of pounds with them. I only order things of £30 or under and the return rate is definitely no where near 95% or 136%!!

Even though it's all sorted out, it has tainted things for me and I don't really feel like watching let alone ordering.

Mistake. I don't spend thousands of pounds with them. I only order things of £30 or under and the return rate is definitely no where near 95% or 136%!!

Even though it's all sorted out, it has tainted things for me and I don't really feel like watching let alone ordering.

I don't blame you to be honest. Leaves a sour taste doesn't it?

Although in this case it appears to be have been a mistake any company can stop you from buying something from them if they feel that it's not worth their while dealing with you. I assume usually Gems TV would contact the person first though rather than just cancelling the account and it looks like this was a genuine mistake.

a little voucher code money off 'sweetener' would have been a nice goodwill gesture attached to the email from Mark Jackson, I feel

They are a bit hit and miss with providing vouchers. I've had quite a lot of items removed from my order when they have come to packing for posting and only once received a £5 off my next order as a goodwill gesture. I'd be quids in if they did it every time as they don't seem to have a very good system for tracking their stock!

Latest posts

Back