Reviews; faulty items, why people won't return due to cost !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loujareth

Registered Shopper
I'm looking at christmassy things come across some guady LED snowmen 700945, reduced, I always check reviews. Terrible reviews due to breakages and faults but what got me was, out of the 12 reviews 3 of them mentioned, they wouldn't return because the postage cost is just too high. In one of them they even wrote "Decided to keep (not prepared to pay double postage costs) and use as spare parts for others", sorry if it's anyone here who wrote that. In the style of Points of view, why oh why oh why are they expecting to cover the costs of postage when it's all down to QVC, granted you have to go through the rigmorale but it's their problem. I've read it so many times in lots of other reviews, companies must make so much money from people who do this. And lets be frank, QVC do not need or deserve this perk.

I always return something if I don't like it, under the DSR - and if it is faulty I always make sure I get a label to return and get both p & p returned. I too can't believe that people would rather keep an item than return it - as you say QVC are making a lot of money from customers who do this.

Those reviews always annoy me as well.

I'm dying to reply to them 'RING QVC FOR A PREPAID LABEL'!!!

I can only assume that they've either got more money than sense or they assume that damaged goods are their responsibility after they've taken delivery.

Either way, it really gets on my pluck.

There's a qvc/Hermes returns service for any item under 15 kg costing something £3.95 if I'm not mistaken, available through qvc website, and if the we right is over 15 kg they will collect free of charge.

There's a qvc/Hermes returns service for any item under 15 kg costing something £3.95 if I'm not mistaken, available through qvc website, and if the we right is over 15 kg they will collect free of charge.

I think they may collect if over a certain price too. I rang to request a return label for my damaged LG bag and she said they couldn't send a label but she would arrange a collection. Suited me actually!

There have been times when I've insisted on a courier collection as I couldn't be a***d queueing at the Post Office to return a faulty item and CS have arranged it with no problem. My courier usually comes the next day of asking. I feel sorry for people who don't know their rights and hopefully with forums like these they will pick up some knowledge!

Surely, under DSR you can only return if it has been unopened, unused etc...

Surely, under DSR you can only return if it has been unopened, unused etc...

No, you are allowed to open it and have a look at it properly to make sure it's suitable for what you want.

The idea of the DSR rules is to allow you to have a proper look at an item the same as you could do in a shop.

No, you are allowed to open it and have a look at it properly to make sure it's suitable for what you want.

The idea of the DSR rules is to allow you to have a proper look at an item the same as you could do in a shop.

Really? I thought QVC rules state otherwise. Right, will email them as I want to return an item that turned up looking different onscreen. Annoyed at having to lose P&P both ways

DSR is a statutory consumer right but you aren't supposed to use or sample the item, just examin it; you can try on a garment as you would in a shop's changing room. The 30 day MBG Q offers goes beyond your legal rights but they set the boundaries and could alter them if they choose. Over on Ideal World they've moved the goal posts a few times from a 90 day to a 30 day to a 14 day MBG.

Latest posts

Back