Competition only for Twitter ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
Mecharlie said he is having a competition for a platinum bracelet but it appears to be only for tweeters.

Rather unfair to long standing customers who have spent loads over the years but who are not on Twitter.

Surprised they are able to restrict like this as there are dozens of rules and regulations regarding competitions being open to all.

Supposed to be worth a grand

That's so wrong. I am not on Facebook and never use twitter. What do these people/companies gain from having followers on (un) social media? I am slowly turning my back on it all.

Presenters will use social media because it will increase their sales, it's a form of advertising about what shows are on, any special deals etc. Although ultimately it gives them an over inflated sense of self importance.

It gets worse, Not only is the competition only on twitter , Charlie brooks "borrowed" the bracelet from Q 10 years ago and never gave it back! and is now offering as a competition prize lol

http://blogs.qvcuk.com/1000-prize-another-amazing-tsv/

I did hear him saying this but thought it was one of his tongue in cheek comments but oh no! every bit of it was true.
I must say from above picture it looks a bit worn and second hand.
I wouldnt buy it myself and certainly not for £1k retail but still miffed about the twitter entry.

I suppose people who don't have access to the internet could complain about being unable to enter competitions on the website. It doesn't sound like anyone's missing much in this case.

There was a similar incident on Q Fb a while back , One of Debbie Flints minions was sent onto Q fb to drum up some members for her "Queens" Group, The person said if people Joined the group they were guaranteed to have there comments and questions read out on air everytime Debbie was on, as Debbie would only be reading out comments from members of her group, Of course it all kicked off and the person removed the thread overnight so Qvc didnt see what had been said.

I'm not on Facebook or Twitter so won't be entering competitions. I'm heartbroken - NOT!

I suppose we'll be subjected to even more using of iPads by the presenters in the future if competitions are going to be featured on there. Personally, I don't think they should be allowed to use them during a show, just to tell us what Mabel in Wherever thinks of the presenter's appearance that evening or to order their own goods during a show. If they did their research before a show then they'd know what was going to be featured and could order it beforehand. Occasionally (very) they do read out relevant questions about a product, but that's not often. I've watched less QVC since the 'powers that be' thought it was a good idea to give the presenters their technological 'comforters.'

And I'm sure that most of us would be issued with our P45s if we tweeted at work.

I can't rember who as it was on in background and not a show I was interested in but the presenter when through the whole "i so want this, I should have ordered" etc etc. then she ordered it on air and to make it even worse she then decided it was such good value (possibly OTO) that she went on to order it all over again.

That really should be stopped.

I don't use Twitter or FB so that is me out of the competition then! Am I imagining things or was that photo taken in very unflattering light? The bracelet looks filthy in places IMO. And this fab prize has been used for ten years???

It gets worse, Not only is the competition only on twitter , Charlie brooks "borrowed" the bracelet from Q 10 years ago and never gave it back! and is now offering as a competition prize lol

http://blogs.qvcuk.com/1000-prize-another-amazing-tsv/

It looks like a cheap stainless steel number. How did he get away with not handing it back in ? and now he has the cheek to offer it up as a prize

I'd rather have £1000 cash

I can't rember who as it was on in background and not a show I was interested in but the presenter when through the whole "i so want this, I should have ordered" etc etc. then she ordered it on air and to make it even worse she then decided it was such good value (possibly OTO) that she went on to order it all over again.

That really should be stopped.

CH has ordered goods on a few occasions, while presenting, although I don't know if she was guilty of ordering something twice.

I don't watch QVC very much nowadays and that's partly due to the handful of presenters that grate on me (because of their presenting style,) but also because of the introduction of the use of the Ipads on air and the fact that many of them use them inappropriately (in my opinion) ... i.e. for reading out banal witterings from viewers who have nothing better to do than fawn all over the presenters, or for ordering goods they didn't bother ordering when they supposedly looked at/researched the products before they started the show.

Believe me ........ it takes a lot to get me riled/irritated, but I was brought up to be polite and, in my opinion, looking down at an iPad for much of the time while a guest is talking is anything but good manners. There are a few presenters who seem to be welded to and fixated by their iPad. Would it be detrimental to their health if they actually put it down? Highly doubtful.

I did actually write to the CEO, when the use of them was non-stop, and they got in contact within a couple of hours. I was told that it would be raised at a forthcoming meeting. Things did improve for a while (with the exception of one presenter who still hung on to hers) but gradually the 'problem' is returning.

I can feel another email coming on. :wink:

Good for you! I find it cringe worthy when the camera cuts back to them and the guest is talking, while looking at the presenter, and they're looking down at their ipads. So rude. The whole mobile/tablet/social media thing is getting out of hand if you ask me. I'm only 41, and embraced it all to start with, but now I am longing for a return to all things social and normal!

I am seriously p.....d off by qvc at present, simply because of this whole facebook twitter nonsense, it h
gives us no chance so i am going to write to their head office in london.

I don't think ordinary people have any chance of winning on Twitter anyway. It's always the 'professional competition entering tweeters' that win 99.9% of the time. I remember last few years when Ali had regular competitions to win beauty goods each month or every few weeks. Every single time, without fail, the winner was someone who never ever tweeted and had no friends and didn't even watch QVC. But they keep the account to simply to enter about 300 random competitions each day. It really p'd me off, because they obviously don't give a damn what they win. Most is probably sold on EBay. It's so frustrating when you check the winners tweets and it's another 'professional' that wins, so I don't enter any more. After about 30 comps I gave up.

Latest posts

Back