Top Of The Flops

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Autumn

Registered Shopper
Which Brands and Products have had a big build up and fell flat on there faces.... drevil_cover.jpg

My suggestions are ..

Brands

Dr Linda whats her face LP skin therapy range: The range was on air alot and had lots of "science" behind it but i last saw it in The Original Factory shop for £5 per item :smirk:

Lulu Jewellery: It gave the presenters another reason to shout and they raved about all the items they had bought.... (cough):cheeky: were given from the range, yet it had very few shows and now like Lulu's singing career its almost over :dull:

Bruno Tonioli Kitchenware: He had a rather amusing show with Jackie a while back but all his range ended up in last clicks and hes traded Q back in for strictly lol

Products

Decleor DD Cream, its already in Clearance with less than favourable reviews and it was only launched in March.

Elemis perfumes, Never smelt them myself but they seemed to only be around for a couple of years and have now been discontinued.

Liz Earle makeup. The reviews online are very mixed and most Q shows often only feature the skin care.

Nails Inc magnetic polishes. I bought the Xmas tsv from around 2 years ago and the concept was great however trying to get 10 matching nails all with the perfect effect was frustrating, The Tsv came with a Gold magnetic polish (cant remember its name) and Nails inc later changed the Kit after many complaints that the results on the gold wasn't visible enough, The silver polish is the only NI magnetic Qvc currently stock and thats in last clicks.

Any more suggestions ......

I was gonna say the Lulu Jewellery range. It looked shocking on screen and the reviews seemed to verify it.

I remember commenting at the time,
some of the pendants came on that strange type of chain that your bath plug is attached to.

Now according to Lulu, it's an expensive chain to produce. Well I beg to differ.
Her range only used chrome plated, and I know for a fact (because I buy it for work), that even in Stainless Steel, it only costs about £1.50 per metre, so it's hardly 18ct gold is it?
Her definition of expensive is a hell of a lot different to mine, I'll say that.

Good Thread Autumn,I remember many years ago Twiggy had a skincare range,that didn't last either,not suprised about Lulus jewellery it was so tacky,the one that has suprised me is Liz Earle make-up I thought she could do no wrong.
Lynn :mysmilie_7:

Kathy Van Zealand bags had huge hype but soon sank without trace.

Arlene Philips jewellery and years ago, Liz Earle jewellery also come to mind!

I've only been watching Q since last year, but I remember the Zandra Rhodes show too.

Also there was one of the Real Housewives, Jill, who introduced her shapewear called Skweez Couture. I saw her on one show,but haven't seen her since. What is left is all on Clearance price.

Does anyone remember the QVC own brand candles that had a big launch end of last year called Amaya? I don't remember seeing that twice.

I remember a YBF fashion range by Stacey that had poor reviews and ended up in clearance for ages and Ciate nail polishes. I don't think I've seen those since a Christmas set of minis last year. There's bound to be more suggestions to follow !

Kim & Co Home didn't last very long!
I remember some years ago a haircare range called MOPS, but that didn't last long, shame as I used to like it.

Last edited:
We have had lots of fashion flops...Fabrizio/ Gabriella T,I think they were mostly knitwear. Casamia did some nice tops and South Lodge if I remember right did some good casual fashion .

And then of course there are those who come back under another brand name which equally bombs. Silver argent/David Seigal comes to mind.

Kathy Van Zealand bags had huge hype but soon sank without trace.

Arlene Philips jewellery and years ago, Liz Earle jewellery also come to mind!

KvZ bags were mega and used to sell out immediately so I feel maybe it was her choice rather than Q.

AP was only on once or twice after being dropped by strictly

Don't remember LE jewellery must be before my time.

Mind you I think that there may possibly still be some of the firstv2 still in clearance despite the fact it is years since they were on.

KvZ bags were mega and used to sell out immediately so I feel maybe it was her choice rather than Q.

AP was only on once or twice after being dropped by strictly

Don't remember LE jewellery must be before my time.

Mind you I think that there may possibly still be some of the firstv2 still in clearance despite the fact it is years since they were on.

i think that people stopped buying them when they found they could buy them very cheaply in tk max then qvc stopped selling them. it was odd anyway qvc selling them as le max had them for years before le q

I think i read somewhere she stopped altogether, as most of her bags are in clearance wherever you look and they no longer stock her in macy's.
I have 4 or 5 of her bags, they're lovely, but sooooo heavy!

Her range seemed to disappear around the same time her husband Bruce Maskowskys range arrived.

Kim & Co Home didn't last very long!
I remember some years ago a haircare range called MOPS, but that didn't last long, shame as I used to like it.
MOP were around quite a while, they replaced Aveda, then MOP disappeared when Ojon arrived I think.

If you look in clearance it is amazing how many brands are there who haven't been on Q for a minimum of 5 years - ridiculous - imagine going into a DHS shop to find items this old with very little reduction.

Do you think anyone monitors this stock? Probably not as a bracelet worth a grand went AWOL for 10 years.

We have had lots of fashion flops...Fabrizio/ Gabriella T,I think they were mostly knitwear. Casamia did some nice tops and South Lodge if I remember right did some good casual fashion .

I remember Landers Star fashion collection by Audrey Landers.The big selling point being she was in Dallas,can't remember the character she played,but much was made of it by Q.

Latest posts

Back