Now it has got ridiculous - die die die

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tilley

Registered Shopper
Just had a look at what the pick of the week is going to be for next week - it is Tonic - dies again. There cannot be anybody in the world now who hasn't enough dies.The programmes have become so boring I just check in on line now in the evening to see what has been on. Tattered Lace, Spellbinders, Tonic, the list goes on and on. For goodness sake the programmes flogging dies out number the others. I have a die cutting machine but certainly don't need all those dies. If I had a shop or a stall somewhere then I suppose I could spend time cutting out shapes and motifs and flogging them. Many of them are the same shape and if you were the recipient of a card made from them would you really care as long as it looked pretty. Now we have Martha Stewart punches being sold for a three figure sum for the set and we are being told they do the same job as dies.

Please let us have a break from all this metal.

I agree, I posted a very similar thread months ago!
It's not just the sheer cost of all these dies and embossing folders - it's all the new, hugely expensive, die-cutting machines that keep appearing... and the hysteria from the presenters over why we must-have the flasher, newer, all-singing and dancing machine. Customers must be buying all these products otherwise C&C wouldn't be dedicating so much of their airtime for them.
I have a Big Shot, which I bought from C&C about 4 years ago, and although I make greetings cards for sale, I rarely use it because the cost of new dies is uneconomical, and bundling dies for value - but having to spend in the region of at least £70 isn't a bargain - and isn't going to make me flex my flexible friend! lol

I'm another that is sick of seeing dies, whether they are big bundles or not. I'm not a fan of tatty lace or tonic anyway and I think so many of these dies are starting to look the same. I wasn't impressed by their couture dies either.

A really good reason not to shop with C&C is that many of these dies are so over-priced to begin with.
The last D-lite die I bought was less than half of C&Cs price and I got free P+P - all I had to do was wait for them to be released for general sale. I also found the one Victorian die (out of the 23 they had) that I liked £9.00 cheaper online.

But as you say people must be buying them or C&C wouldn't continue to sell them............ just wish the people buying them would wise-up, see how much cheaper they are elsewhere and then C&C would stop selling them or lower the prices.

PS those chameleon pens can be pre-ordered £20 cheaper online too.

Glad its not just me. I had a sissix but got rid of it. The dies were so expensive I could only afford a few which were good but you can only use thd same 3 dies so many times. Id like to see more variety, its getting boring now.

Don't watch much now as bored with all of the dies. I decided ages ago to buy pre-cut die cuts as & when I need them ( e bay) - it's very cheap & you are not stuck with the same design.

Too many shows today, 10. They aren't cheap either and you will only save money buy buying the 20 bundles sets for a few hundred pounds.

The profit that they make from dies must be astronomical and that is why they keep bringing them
Why else would they do it
What is the cost to make a die it must be pennies but I doubt we will ever know as if we did it might stop us buying them

Not being a crafter I had to take a look to find out what a die is.Seems to me to defeat the object of crafting. I thought crafters did things by hand and bought things they can use to make things more personal.I have a friend who used to send me home made cards and they were very well made and individual,never saw anything else like them.She was very artistic. Maybe with more crafting channels they will go back to basics a bit more and not rely so much on machines.

I doubt it- these companies need to keep their customers buying. Lots of new machines out at the moment which have dedicated shows on C&C.Yesterday both the Crossover and TODO were featured. The Scan n Cut is never off. In August Silhouette are launching the Curio.I am sure there will be knitting, embroidery , crochet, quilting, stamping etc shows but machines are here to stay.

Since many of the crafters, have left C&C and are now appearing on Hochanda it seems as though all they have left are die companies. I used to have the channel on every day but now just look through the schedule and see what is on.As far as I could see every single programme featured dies so didn't bother watching.

Latest posts

Back