Presenters "let's pretend"

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MinxyKitten

Registered Shopper
Watching Carla and Jill on Bob Mackie at the moment, thinking "is Jill really wearing that?"! Do you think the presenters have a conversation with the guest/director beforehand that goes something like this?: "I can't believe you are making me wear this. You'd better sort me out some quality freebies/pay me double time"

I do feel for them sometimes! There is no way on earth Jill would choose to wear something like that. I wonder if there was a tantrum?! Poor thing.

Jill is now trying to convince us that her favourite trousers are wide leg electric bright blue. Seriously. Miss Skintight Beige is in love with electric blue wide legs because it's so flattering. Ummmmm... Ha ha

Jill's top did not suit her at all. I thought they got a choice , Julia R always gives the impression she looks through the rails for the show and decides what to wear.

Mind you with all the large patterns and bright colours Jill probably didnt have much of a choice.

I watched this evening, and I agree that Jill's top did not suit at all. I have often wondered where that nice lady went to who used to show the Bob Mackie outfits, I thought she was terrific and I know at one point I would have loved her to 'style' me, as I believe that was her main job in life, either a personal stylist or something similar. Perhaps she just retired, but to be honest for me at least, she's the best at profiling the Bob Mackie range.

I think the presenters must think (What The Hell Are you going to make me wear )when they are showing Quacker Factory.
Lynn

I like the Quacker Factory :) Not all of it, just some. The quality and thickness of the tops is brilliant, and dream jeannes are extraordinarily comfortable. It's not my usual style, but sometimes a cheery top that sparkles is good for lifting the mood.

As for who decides on clothes, I get that same impression from Julia. I think they might get directions from above on special occasions though. I remember Julia saying on the early Christmas shows that they had been sent a memo telling them not to wear sparkly Christmas type clothes for the Summer Christmas shows, but she had ignored it - love that woman! Haha

I saw a snippet of trailer during the previous show were she was standing next to one of the floor people who was in fancy dress (some charity thingy) and to be honest I couldn't tell the difference in the 2 outfits!

I think JF is too thin for anything other than bespoke clothes. No curves, no shoulders so unless very fitted looks like it is too big.

Latest posts

Back