It's the Carla Laszlo show...again...and again

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Cariad

Registered Shopper
Every time I switch on QVC lately, Carla Laszlo is guest presenter! Kipling, Bob Mackie, Emu, and plenty of others too. I get the impression she has been around TV shopping channels a while, but what are her fashion and styling qualifications? After googling her, all I could find was a bio she wrote saying she was a professional dancer for many years and now runs Zumba classes.

She just told a story about how a friend of hers told her what her colours were, and what she should wear. If she's on there as a stylist or fashion expert, why the heck doesn't she know what colours she should wear herself.

I'm confuzzled ;-)

I like Carla and think she has as much knowledge as any other guest on Q but at least shes not annoying , I think Q should give her a presenters job.

I can't remember what she said exactly, but she very recently eluded to why she couldn't be a full time presenter. It was something to do with talking about nonsense, as I recall whoever she was on with saying how funny she was as she didn't care what she said. Carla said "I cant be anything other than me, that's why I couldn't do your job" (or words to that effect) It's come back to me now! It was the underwear show. I really like her! She has never once annoyed me and all the presenters seem to love her. She talks more sense than most 'fashion experts' on there. She's also very 'normal', in that she's not a stick thin bimbo, but a real, gorgeous, woman!

I've nothing against her. I don't like or dislike her really. I would like to know her qualifications for flogging us fashion though and am wondering why she's forever on TV lately. Maybe she *is* in training for a presenter job eh ;-)

...She's also very 'normal', in that she's not a stick thin bimbo, but a real, gorgeous, woman!

I don't think any of them are stick thin bimbos are they? Julia, Kathy, Jilly, Debbie etc. And most of the other guests I've seen are average sized women or above. Can't say I've noticed any bimbos at all really.

I don't think any of them are stick thin bimbos are they? Julia, Kathy, Jilly, Debbie etc. And most of the other guests I've seen are average sized women or above. Can't say I've noticed any bimbos at all really.

Debbie will be mad you have said that , she has a diet book out dont you know!!! :mysmilie_17:

I am referring to these (usually) blonde flibbidy gibbets that come from magazines and stuff and just state the obvious for an hour (ie you can dress it up or dress it down) that are often introduced as 'stylists'.

I don't remember any of those you describe, but love the words flibbidy gibbets though ;-)
I remember Lesley, Kim, Antthony, new Nina Leonard woman, curvy gorgeous Vercella Vita woman who has a baby, Rene, Diane Gilman...all normal, within reason ;-) I probably don't watch enough of the fashion specials to see the skinny ones. I only see the designers when I watch intermittently. I prefer the beauty shows - I could watch those for hours.

carla would be a good addition to the Q 'presenters portfolio' hopefully elbowing a few into oblivion on the way up.

There is definitely nothing offensive about her, or irritating. I wonder if her honesty and calmness would prohibit sales though. However much people detest JillF's or DebbieF's style, I guess they are top sellers and get the job done, by hook or by crook. Some people are just too nice for sales.

Nooooooooo not again! Think she is trying mounting a coup at QVC and single handedly run the company!

I think ahe is very professional especially when next to Marverine on the Kipling show but i have said it before - i don't find here in the least bit warm or friendly and they really need to cut back her hours and products!

I like Carla and think she has as much knowledge as any other guest on Q but at least shes not annoying , I think Q should give her a presenters job.

Couldn't agree more Autumn. Whilst she always presents some brands but only stands in for other presenters now and again.

Likewise what qualifications do any of them have, dancer, nail technician, dental receptionist, journalist?

The full time QVC presenters are not all qualified to give advice in all areas, no. That's why they have experts to give advice and opinion. To be fair, majority of beauty products are presented by qualified highly experienced technicians. Majority of the fashion is presented by the actual designer, again with many years experience. These are the people whose opinion matters most to me, rather than someone who is 'jack of all grades'. Just because the others are a nice person or at least not offensive in any way, doesn't mean I value their professional opinion as the guest presenter. For example, Abi the tech woman drives me totally barmy!

Love Carla for all the above reasons - very good at her job, but hope Marie-Francoise hasn't left because she is good too.
Carla said she was away for 2 weeks so they will have to cope without her!

MFW is in LA just now and Noelle was supposed to be doing the shows but she has broken a toe or toes so Carla was drafted in at short notice to cover.

get well soon noelle a really lovely manager of knightsbridge the last time i saw her miunus her silver top

She's ex-Ideal World but they got rid of her in the last great presenter purge. She's always tried to wheedle her way into QVC and this is probably her method of getting in by the back door. I've got no objection to her really but I didn't find her the best presenter or guest ever and she can be somewhat caustic at times.

qvc; home to nonentities seeking to reinvent themselves as 'gurus' in non essential areas such as handbag design and styling
good luck to her shes a lot less offensive as most of the others. i could watch her for an hour without wanting to chuck a brick at the telly.

Latest posts

Back