Emu with an evening dress?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
Did I hear correctly? Did the guest actually say that?

It is this sort of ridiculous statements which have made me stop watching Q

It would not surprise me at all if that's what she said, after all didn't Julia Roberts once go to a wedding in hers.

I didn't see it. What style name was it? I've noticed they are showing more variety of boots and shoes now, rather than just the big and bulky traditional 'ugg' styles.

I watch a show called Randy Knows Best( a US show about shopping for wedding dresses), one girl from Texas insisted she was wearing her cowboy boots with the wedding dress. So she needed a wedding dress that went with them. Yes Randy found her a gown, made a brown bow to tone in with the boots.

I watch a show called Randy Knows Best( a US show about shopping for wedding dresses), one girl from Texas insisted she was wearing her cowboy boots with the wedding dress. So she needed a wedding dress that went with them. Yes Randy found her a gown, made a brown bow to tone in with the boots.

Love this show and Say Yes to the Dress, I Found the Gown, Don't Tell the Bride
etc etc

Did I hear correctly? Did the guest actually say that?

It is this sort of ridiculous statements which have made me stop watching Q

Your opinion, LATI, is identical to mine. I don't think I'm being picky but, on an earlier show, the brand ambassador, Sarah Booker, was asked by SG with socks or without. The reply astounded me with it's stupidity. Ms Booker doesn't have time to put on a pair of socks, as she has three kids. I am sure she is kept busy looking after the children but, for God's sake, how many seconds does it take to put a pair of socks on?
If it was a case of 'opening your mouth and letting your brains fall out', I could accept it, but the alarming thing is, I honestly think they believe that what they are spouting sounds perfectly sane.
Reality check!

Your opinion, LATI, is identical to mine. I don't think I'm being picky but, on an earlier show, the brand ambassador, Sarah Booker, was asked by SG with socks or without. The reply astounded me with it's stupidity. Ms Booker doesn't have time to put on a pair of socks, as she has three kids. I am sure she is kept busy looking after the children but, for God's sake, how many seconds does it take to put a pair of socks on?
If it was a case of 'opening your mouth and letting your brains fall out', I could accept it, but the alarming thing is, I honestly think they believe that what they are spouting sounds perfectly sane.
Reality check!

This whole 'busy mum' thing really annoys me! You chose to have them, put up with it and stop moaning/using it as an excuse!!

And don't get me started on 'yummy mummy', although, Q seem to have dropped that phrase at long last! :mysmilie_59:

Sorry Louise whilst we choose to have children (and pets too) there is just a tad more work involved in doing so than just scooping up poop, walkies, and vets bills.

So I actually welcome products that might make my life a little bit easier! It's not moaning about it, it is reality for many and mum's watch Q just as much as other groups in society such as older people, poorly people, animal lovers, childless people, working people, unemployed people......I could go on. I don't complain if a presenter says "this would be really good for people who live alone and only have to cook for themselves" so why do people feel the need to moan if something is suitable for a busy mum?

Sorry Louise whilst we choose to have children (and pets too) there is just a tad more work involved in doing so than just scooping up poop, walkies, and vets bills.

So I actually welcome products that might make my life a little bit easier! It's not moaning about it, it is reality for many and mum's watch Q just as much as other groups in society such as older people, poorly people, animal lovers, childless people, working people, unemployed people......I could go on. I don't complain if a presenter says "this would be really good for people who live alone and only have to cook for themselves" so why do people feel the need to moan if something is suitable for a busy mum?

Well said WG, i get bored of this moaning about mums, what ever happened to sisterhood !!

And yes i have a child and a dog and i dont moan about either.

I have a cat, hope that counts!

As for yummy mummy...I bliddy better be after all the hard-earned dosh I spend on beauty products from Q ;)

Weathergirl, I think you may be getting my post confused with MK's. I have said nothing derogatory about being a mother. I did say that looking after three children will be hard work.

Weathergirl, I think you may be getting my post confused with MK's. I have said nothing derogatory about being a mother. I did say that looking after three children will be hard work.

Yes Sorry Louise my bad. I was meaning MK's post not yours.

Everybody moans about something and everybody complains something soaks up their time, it`s human nature and it`s unfair to single out parents as being worse than other people. In fact I`ve found it to be quite the opposite. I`ve known a number of childless people who can whinge for Britain and who constantly complain about their jobs ( you chose it, get over it ) and how they`re expected to work all the hours God sends and don`t have time for XY or Z, or they moan about their partners ie, he`s bone idle, expects me to take over where his Mum left off ( you chose him, get over it ) or they moan about friends or colleagues wanting their constant attention ( you chose them, get over it ) or they moan about their high mortgages and how it drains their finances ( you chose it, get over it ) or they moan about lack of friends because they`re too busy with other things ( you chose the other things, get over it ) and so on and so on, that`s just a few examples.
Yup I`ve had 3 children and yup I chose to have them and yup I probably had a little moan now and again but I got on with it ALONGSIDE many of the above and more besides, as do most working parents.

My response was in reply to Louise's observation of the guest presenter - which was totally justified given her silly comment about the socks! I know mums are busy and take nothing away from that. I just hate how Q turn it into a reason for buying stuff. Like Ali Young's shift workers! I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone.

My response was in reply to Louise's observation of the guest presenter - which was totally justified given her silly comment about the socks!

MK, I think the whole point of these type of sheepskin lined 'ugly' boots is that you are supposed to wear them without socks! I guess that is why the presenter raised the question although I agree that the silly comment about not having time to put a pair on is stretching it a bit!

Think someone is taking things too seriously, surely the presenter's comment about Mums not having time to put on socks must surely have been said tongue in cheek.

Latest posts

Back