Have you ever been caught out?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Whatsgoinon?

Registered Shopper
Am I the only one who orders something on the sly then hides it away?

This happened recently and I was caught out because of a huge hairy spider!

I had ordered an item, which I've done a few times before and hidden it away until I've made my mind up about whether to keep it or not. The other night I got out to go to the loo only to come out of the bathroom to a big hairy spider stood in the bedroom doorway, before OH got to him he disappeared behind the drawers, he couldn't see it anywhere, then proceeded to open the fitted wardrobe doors. My box was well hidden in the corner behind a long dress, you can imagine how mortified I was when he moved my dress and there up against the wall a box with its contents stamped all over the outside of it. He knelt there, looking at it and never said a word and neither did I, he then got up, said he couldn't find the spider and went back to bed.

It's still not been mentioned, but I will get it out and show him what it is, if I decide to keep it...needless to say, I now have to find another hiding place for my Q parcels :mysmilie_845:

i think maybe you have a problem :mysmilie_13: lol, i only hide things if they are gifts.

This is me to a tee! Mr Akimbo works at home so everytime the doorbell goes he moans "what now?" so it's great when it turns out to be something he's ordered from Amazon! Also from about August onwards I just say it's his Christmas presents and does he want me to send it back? (this is wearing a bit thin now but worth a try occasionally).

These days I order less from Q but my neighbour is an avid internet shopper and I'm her enabler. As she works full time her parcels come to my address! So this is a great cover story when I do order something and I just call back "Calm down! It's for K*****!"

Do we need a 12 step programme d'you think?

These stories make me smile but living alone I don't have to be Sherlock Holmes, the Hermes lady & I are quite friendly though.I remember years ago a similar thread from a lady whose Husband had opened a cupboard door to be almost knocked out by an avalanche of Q purchases.

My husband hates Yankee Candles, I love them and can't get enough. I have them hidden in places all over the house. Anyway I went on holiday last year with a friend and while I was away I rang him. He was really cross with me because he had been having a big tidy up and found a few of my stashes - not all of them. I lied to him about how much they cost but last Christmas we went shopping and we were in a shop that sold Yankees and he unfortunately found out how much the large jars were. I have tried to cut down this year but I just love them and can't resist. I am stocking up and hiding Christmas tealights at the moment. Oh dear!!

Am I the only one who orders something on the sly then hides it away?

This happened recently and I was caught out because of a huge hairy spider!

I had ordered an item, which I've done a few times before and hidden it away until I've made my mind up about whether to keep it or not. The other night I got out to go to the loo only to come out of the bathroom to a big hairy spider stood in the bedroom doorway, before OH got to him he disappeared behind the drawers, he couldn't see it anywhere, then proceeded to open the fitted wardrobe doors. My box was well hidden in the corner behind a long dress, you can imagine how mortified I was when he moved my dress and there up against the wall a box with its contents stamped all over the outside of it. He knelt there, looking at it and never said a word and neither did I, he then got up, said he couldn't find the spider and went back to bed.

It's still not been mentioned, but I will get it out and show him what it is, if I decide to keep it...needless to say, I now have to find another hiding place for my Q parcels :mysmilie_845:

I wouldn't worry about it as your husband was looking for a spider and that what he was concentrating on unless you are really sure he made a note of those boxes. This is the case with my husband and proved on many occasions to be true as he wouldn't see an elephant if it stood in from of him if he is concentrating on something else.

No, but I only live with two cats. So far they have made no comments on my buying habits. :mysmilie_15:

Give them time, Donna, they'll wisen up!:mysmilie_8:
I bet they know when you bring some treats home for them? My boxers do!

Mr Kitten used to comment every time the courier came...but he seems not to bother anymore. He has had a spate of buying laptops/tablets/gadgets, for which I had a go at him about - I mean, does one person really need 4 tablets? Mr Kitten does, apparently. :mysmilie_10: However, he did bring up my handbags in retaliation, but it seems to have worked as sort of truce as he doesn't mention my 'arrivals' anymore! :mysmilie_59:

I live alone so it shouldn't be a problem, but..
My original Hermes man who would leave things in the wheelie bin changed his round and the new Hermes lady won't leave anything anywhere so
I have things delivered to my parents address and I get tutted at every time! It's definitely made me cut back.

In my case it wasn't so much Mr LATI but the postie who dear love him used to say "just another wee parcel for Mrs ". I did buy an awful lot of stuff but now haven't bought anything for ages other than a replacement AirRam for a faulty one, a Honora TSV which went back and an Honora which arrived damaged but I did send for a replacement.

I'm not even buying from other sources now, sort of gone off retail therapy.

It's not me but OH that has the shopping problem. Todsy's parcel was rehydration sachets for when people have upset stomachs and need additional salt. He says they are to take on holiday in case he can't get out of the hotel. We do not have any holidays booked at the moment and I have not known him to be so I'll he cannot get to the chemist. Must have been another Amazon bargain. The other day is was 100 packets of chewing gum! He doesn't smoke or drink loads but I am fed up of all this junk coming in to the house

Up to a few years ago I was a QVC addict & all the PO workers knew me.

I moved to this house over 15 years ago & before that I was in my previous house for 24 years,the last five or so was when the QVC addiction began.

The main delivery guy,Sean,called several times a week with parcels & actually called in here after he got my address from the PO guys in the village. He said he was at a loose end with nothing to do after I moved lol

I buy almost everything off the internet. The dog`s ear drops, the cat`s worming tablets, OH`s wellies, my son`s socks et etc etc and of course my skincare/bodycare/makeup/perfume/shoes/earrings/scarves/gloves .... you get the message ?
Anyway if OH voices any concerns about deliveries to the house (most of them arrive when he`s at work), I have a stock answer which is should there ever be another World War then I have enough clothes, shoes and toiletries to last and therefore all clothing coupons will be HIS for essentials such as work boots ... ie I shop for his benefit !

Trouble is Vienna, if there was another World War, most of us probably wouldn't live long enough to use all those things, given nuclear weapons and all ;-)

Not QVC stuff, but I used to work very close to where I live. We moved back in the early 00s, but the postie was always coming into my work and bringing stuff that had to be signed for. It was addressed to my home but he didn't want to take it away on me. I used to get some ribbing from guys I work with about it. The "What have you bought?"

Not QVC stuff, but I used to work very close to where I live. We moved back in the early 00s, but the postie was always coming into my work and bringing stuff that had to be signed for. It was addressed to my home but he didn't want to take it away on me. I used to get some ribbing from guys I work with about it. The "What have you bought?"

I can relate to this Donna. I get all my stuff delivered to work and there's always a chorus of 'what have you been buying now?' It gets a bit embarrassing.

Latest posts

Back